“Watermelon Pickers Have No Charm”
Review of Motel 6 Bradenton

Motel 6 Bradenton
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I wish this site had fractions, because this motel doesn't deserve a full point! Our first stay here two weeks ago was ok, but this was our worst ever motel experience! The watermelon pickers are in town. Evidently,. watermelons are in season in Bradenton and every watermelon picker from the world was called. Two of them on the second floor thought it was ok in this country to start a bar-b-Que on the balcony with three foot flames lighting up the building. After the manager told them to put it out and that they couldn't cook and the balcony, they promptly brought food to a tree out back to cook it by Interstate 75. There were dozens of "pickers" hanging out on the balconies, as if they were waiting for their hookers, or their drug dealers. They would bring their chairs from inside the rooms out to the balconies and stair people down. Some even brought their laundry to drape over the balcony railings to dry. The were loud and congregated in groups like a government housing project. As soon as the sun came up they were out there again hanging out and yelling at each other from room to room, across the pool area. There was no civilization about them and this made for a horrible stay. The last thing guests want is to have to deal with this. If we had wanted to stay in a government housing we would have. Checking out today and deciding how to celebrate leaving this place without having been mugged.

Room Tip: Tip for choosing a good room? Go to another motel....
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank msn1022

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

we checked in late at night. we got to oir room and i went to take a bath there was pubic hairs all over the tub. there was dead cockroaches on the sink and live bugs on the floor. we were in a non smoking room and the was cigarette. burns all over the comforters. it was discusting. i called the front desk and penny the manager was rude and her solution was to check out. so i called corprate and he wasnt any better. he told me he would talk her about a discount and switching rooms. she offered us a diffrent room but no discount. it wad compleatly inacceptable and from the manager and corprate really. i wouldnt even let my dog stay in a place like that let alone my kids. and too top it off they want 52 a night for that.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank motel6sucks
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The first room we were given smelled of mildew, so we requested another and it was okay.
The room (a double) defined the word small, with the outsides of both beds against the wall and a small space in between.
Clean and quiet with no amenities - but the reason we were there was to save money,
Good water pressure and good water. No shampoo, just soap provided.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night here but ended up moving hotels. It wasn't fancy or that bad for the price. The room was clean. It was very small but it did the job as I was looking for a place to sleep after driving for 14 hours straight. When I was there at least there wasn't any unsavory characters like others were talking about. The rooms could use a remodel and updating. The bed was very uncomfortable and had a big dip in it where it had worn the mattress from people sleeping in it over and over again. My room faced the pool and the walls were thin enough I could hear them as if they were outside my door. The tv channels are skimpy. I don't go on vacation to watch tv but it would have been nice to have something to watch when I was in for the night. It is in a good location outside of 75. There is a cracker barrell in walking distance and a couple other restaurants and a gas station all in the area which was convenient. So overall I would say it wasn't bad for a cheap place to stay, but don't expect a lot when you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Javabean88
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was visiting my friends and had to stay somewhere close to them, in safe neighborhood. So, the Motel 6 was one of the few choices for reasonable price. At the time we arrived (about 11pm) the parking lot was full and almost no space. The front desk lady was really friendly, she quickly checked us in and was able to find for us the parking space. The room was quite good, no complains. Of course if I would pay $$$ I would complain for some things, but for the $$ price the room was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bakht
Reviewed 7 October 2012

You won't get a good night sleep here. Both beds in the room had sagging, lumpy mattresses that were extremely uncomfortable. I stay regularly at this chain when I'm looking for a bargain, and generally have no complaints. This particular location in Bradenton, Florida is a loser.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mysticchowder
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The receptionist did not speak English well enough to give clear directions so I cancelled. A friend of mine got his key, opened the morel room door and watched bed bugs scramble from the bed pillows and there was mold in the bathroom. He walked out, cancelled and stayed at The Holiday Express Inn on Cortez.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Motel 6. I suggest the Holiday Express Inn on Cortez in Bradenton.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family