“Good Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stopped for lobster dinner last week and were pleasantly surprised. After driving by this place many times, we never bothered to stop until seeing the $10.99 lobster special sign. The inside is nicely furnished, clean, and welcoming. The menu is quite large, though we had already decided to have the lobster. Service was prompt, friendly and good. I found the lobster to be slightly tough, but tasty.
I think the location, directly across the street from Anna Maria Oyster Bar, hurts this restaurant. It is located in the front part of an older strip center that is not appealing.
The food and everything about Asia is good. They just don't seem to draw much business and when a parking lot is near empty, most patrons are not likely to stop.

2  Thank Cyn K

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We tend to forget about this restaurant, but since we were very close last Friday, we decided to have business friends join us there on the way home...and we had just the most wonderful drinks and meals!!
The very reasonable cocktails were perfectly made (as is not the case in most Chinese restaurants)...my Manhattan was almost as good as I make....

The Duck dish I had was so scrumptious I almost fainted from joy...my husband's huge
sea scallops were tender and real and tastey!! and the other friends immensely enjoyed their
Duck dishes also...skip the appetizers and go for the main meal, plus an order of their
Special Fried Rice (just fabulous)...

Our waiter Michael was a joy...very solicitous...very understanding...and explained all the dishes
very well....he's very knowledgeable, as Mom & Dad own and run the restaurant!

It was such a great meal (at such good prices) that we were surprised it was not completely
filled with happy clients, although the "regulars" seemed to be there, and the small bar area
was filled. We do hope this review will help to keep them there for many years..

AND...it was so good Friday we all decided to go back on Saturday eve....and we were all
just as pleased with everything we ordered...I went for the Shrimp Egg Foo Yung, as that is
one of my favorites, with a small dish of Hoisin sauce on the side...yumm..

The ambience is quite colorful, the seats are soft and comfortable, the food is great and abundant, the staff is friendly, huge areas of easy parking (even with a big Truck!).....not a thing wrong with this lovely restaurant!! (and this is from your fussy,grouchy, sometimes unpleased reviewer!!)...and sooooo much better than what we've experienced at another new "Asian" restaurant that seems to be crowded all the time and chaotic!! DO TRY ASIA !!

2  Thank bluemountain66
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This was our first visit to Asia, but it won't be the last. We are so tired of Chinese buffets, where we always eat too much mediocre food. We tried 2 of the $8.95 specials- I opted for egg roll with spicy thai rice with chicken, EXCELLENT and huge. The hot and sour soup was different, beefy, but very tasty, and the cashew chicken was also very good. We both will have left overs for dinner tonight! The staff were very welcoming and attentive. Nice decor, and a great place to have conversation and feel relaxed, no loud musak! Will try something with shrimp on next visit because the diners nearby were raving about their meal.

3  Thank snowbirdlady
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I live near the Asia Restaurant and just never tried their food until recently. I wish we would have tried them out a long time ago. The food is so much better than we expected. So much that we've been back twice already. Both times we've had the same server (don't know his name) but a very good waiter. The food was great, it had awesome flavor, you can get mild, med and hot. I tried the hot, as our waiter said it was not that hot. It was too hot for my liking, but not so much that I could not eat it. The first time, I had what I think was called the China beef which was good; and my husband had the mongolian beef. He loved his. So, of course I had to try his. The flavor was excellent - excellent. I had the wonton soup, which came out blazing hot as I like. The soup had good flavor, but the wontons were a bit soggy. Our second visit we both had the mongolian beef, again it was awesome and the portion size was large enough that both times we asked for to go boxes.

Both times the same woman came out and checked to make sure we were satisfied with everything which is a nice touch, as we eat out very often and that does not happen much, unless we frequent chains -- which we try not to.

The food is very reasonably priced. I think it is about 9.00 for a dinner that includes soup. We've spent a whole lot more for food that was flat out bad!

If you are looking for Chinese in the area, try them out, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank trasea
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We liked ordering good food from a menu rather than picking from a buffet, which seems to predominate among local Chinese restaurants. Food was good and it would be my first choice if food was the only criterion. Unfortunately, distance is a selection factor for me.

2  Thank 2Starbirders