“Cleaniness has declined”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed here and year ago and loved it. I decided to return this year to be closer to the West Coast beaches. Check in was a breeze. The front desk lady ( blonde with light eyes) was friendly and welcoming. I have to say that the hotel and my room was dingy this time around. The carpets need to be changed. A year ago they were just as stained and dirty but I over looked that because it was just in some of the hallway areas. The room had a slight musty smell but cranking up the AC and adding some Fabreze ( had some in the car :D ) really made it better. The bathroom had signs of mold growing, which needs to be addressed. The bed shirts were stained and so were the chairs. You really need to do something about the door locks. They make so much noise. My room was next to the "early birds" and wow, did that door slam loudly. The pool was less than clean. The water was beginning to look cloudy which is not a good sign. I skipped the pool and the "spa". The breakfast was nice. They served eggs, sausage, pancakes, asst. bagels and muffins, yogurt, juices, coffees, etc. The breakfast attendants very friendly and prompt at making sure there was always food for the guests. The ladies did well (short tanned lady and the tall fair lady)! Check out was also a breeze. I know this hotel can get it's act together when it comes to cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angie S
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies for the less than perfect stay, that is not how we operate here. If you could please email me at rparadine@hibradenton.com and please let me know what room you were a guest in so we can make sure those items that you listed are immediately dealt with, I would greatly appreciate it.

I very much appreciate the comments and the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am working on trying to get the carpets in the hotel replaced. It is time, try to get them cleaned freaquently so they do not appear dingy as you stated.

Again, my apologies, I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Bradenton area, that you will give us another try so we can regain your trust in us.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Checked in for 2 nights after staying one disappointing night in a higher rated hotel in the area. The lobby was inviting and the staff was very friendly. They accommodated my room request and we were very please with the room. Very clean and well stocked. The hotel was at capacity due to a baseball tournament, which was the reason we were there. Yet the hotel did a great job of making sure the grounds stayed clean and quiet. No issues. The breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls, fruit, make your own pancakes. Pool area and hot tub were nice, tropical feel with well manicured plants. Overall, very pleased. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your review and your 4 star rating of the hotel. That is very much appreciated.

My staff works very hard and I feel we handle large groups very well, thus that is what we are used to doing at this location. I am glad you enjoyed my staff and our breakfast.

We truly appreciate the business and I hope that when your travels bring you to Bradenton the next time, that the Holiday Inn Express will be the first choice for a hotel to stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I do appreciate it.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Overall Hotel was perfect for a three night stay to see my Grandkids. We had a king suite so the pull out couch was just right for my little ones. Breakfast is included and is a very nice set up. They have staff present to replenish and keep it all clean. We have stayed at this hotel often in the last 3 years. Used the pool for the first time during this last visit. The pool was not as clean as I like which surprised me as the rest of this hotel is always clean. Front desk staff and housekeeping staff are always nice and helpful.

Room Tip: We really like the king suite due to refrig and micro as well as a separate room from bed area to en...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton, I truly appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and give us a great rating like that.

I am glad that the accomodations met your needs, that you enjoyed our breakfast. I am glad to hear that enjoyed my staff and that they were helpful during your stay. I pride myself on the staff that I have here, they do a great job for me.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor, we look forward to your return visit.

General Manager.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I think this was a good value for the price we paid. We stayed 1 night and found the staff to be very accommodating. We had a king room with direct pool access (room 114). The breakfast was great. We found no issues with the room. Of course you will find things that can be fixed, but once again, for the price everything was good. I would recommend for a 1 night stay while traveling.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 4 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton. I do appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here.

I was happy to hear that my staff gave good service, something I pride myself on is my staff, they do an excellent job!!

We look forward to your future visit to the hotel, the next time you are in the Bradenton area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Most run down HI Express I have ever stayed at. Just arrived having left an excellent one in Davenport....this one is looking aged. Carpets are stained in the room...furniture is old...TV is updated... no fridge or micro in rooms....icemaker on this floor of out of service. My wife and I went to the front desk to let her know we would be leaving after tonight (first night rate was prepaid) but that didn't create any reaction at the desk... this is our first vacation in years. I am not staying in a rundown and old Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lowell k
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

We continually do upgrades to the hotel and are planning several this year which do include replacing the carpets in the hotel.

Comments like your does help point out areas that we are lacking in so I do appreciate them. I do hope that the next time you are in the Bradenton area you will give us another try.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

My visit was combined business and vacation. The only con is there wasn't a fridge in the rooms. I had two issues (i didn't like my room overlooking the pool and the lock acted up in my new room) and was upgraded to a suite, which was great. It had a fridge and microwave. The staff are great. Friendly and really helpful. The breakfast was outstanding every day. There are also fresh-baked cookies in the late afternoon, which are a perk. The location is great for everything from shopping to the many beaches. I would gladly stay there again. Thanks to all of the staff for a wonderful eight days in paradise.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton, and reviewing the hotel on Tripadvisor, I do appreciate you giving the hotel a 4 on your rating.

My apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced with our locks. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed my staff and that they were helpful to you during your stay with us. I do have a wonderful staff and they do a great job for me.

We hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Bradenton area, that the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor, I do appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

stayed a week with spouse and an 11 year old when we went to the bollaterri tennis academy. this hotel is well situated for that with minimal driving time (5min). Includes breakfast and it is about 1/3 of what the family rooms cost at the academy. Hotel is quiet and clean and reasonably comfortable. negatives are that it is not as nice as what the rooms at the academy are, funny smell in the lobby but not the room, double beds only (not queen) (which made things tight), and the ice machines on floors 2 and 3 do not produce much ice. Other than that, it did the job well. Overall, i will pick this hotel for the location to the academy, the price, and really the lack of problems but if i want more comfort i.e. nicer and queen beds, i would pay the much higher price and stay at the academy. parking is free at the hotel which I always like.

Room Tip: i thought that all rooms were equal.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton and rating your stay a 4. I truly appreciate it.

My apologies for the inconvenience of the ice machines they have been repaired and fixed.

We hope that the next time you come to IMG Academies, that the Holiday Inn will be your choice for a hotel to stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us and writing a review.

Randy Paradine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Best Western Plus Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West? Share your experiences!