“Friendly People Make the Difference”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Orlando, Florida
“Friendly People Make the Difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is clean and nice, but the friendly people take it to the next level. I was greeted as soon as I walked into the lobby and made to feel welcome and special. At breakfast, the food was plentiful and well maintained. The other people in the breakfast area were talkative and nice as well as the young lady who took care of the area. Everyone who I encountered in the hotel smiled and said hello or engaged in small talk.

They have a small fitness room but you are able to use the fitness center behind the hotel for free if you are interested in a great workout. The Beef O'Brady's in the strip center behind them offers 20% off your bill if you show them your room key. The hotel obviously supports other local businesses, which is a nice touch.

They were working on converting their smoking rooms to non smoking rooms which I think will be very nice. I didn't even know you could have smoking hotel rooms in Florida anymore! All in all, this is a nice hotel with even nicer people.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear LBVHR -

Thank you for your generous review, and for allowing us to serve as your host during your recent stay. You are exactly right in asserting that it's always the people who make the difference in the quality of a hotel experience. We are very proud of all of our team members and they will be delighted when I share your review with them.

The smoking section conversion is now complete and our guests are so pleased. We continue to strive to improve. I trust you will return to reacquaint yourself with our evolving hotel.

Best Regards -

Bob Monica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
tampa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We love going to Cortez beach and we wanted to stay as close to the beach as possible. This hotel is literally like 5 minutes away. The price was right and I liked the suite. I also liked the den area had its own door seperating the bedroom. The bathroom had a gigantic garden tub/shower. This hotel was pretty quaint. Not fancy, but clean and nice. Inwould atay again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear airie2011 - Thank you for choosing our property as your host during your recent visit to Bradenton. I agree that the Bradenton beaches are great - one of the many selfish reasons I love living in this area. As the closest branded hotel to the beaches we get many surf lovers.

I really appreciate you kind words and I was delighted to count you in as one of our many satisfied customers. Please be sure to say hi on your next visit.

Best Regards

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

large rooms, free breakfast, nice ( though quite small) pool, large parking lot, very nice and helpful staff at the reception. Very easy access to the beaches of Coquina beach and long boat key. Golf course right on the other side of the boulevard.
Very pleasant stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear LBVHR - Wow! What a great review. Thank you so much for your kind words. I could not agree with you more regarding the fact that it's always the people who make the difference in the quality of a hotel experience. And we have great people - if I do say so myself.

The smoking section conversion is complete and we could not be happier. As are the vast majority of our guests. We continue to improve the facility and our services. Please come back again to see if you can tell the difference.

Thanks again.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a standard American box hotel, used by business travelers and others who just need a place to stay. It was clean, cost-effective, and utterly devoid of any character. It was a step above the low-end motels, but nothing special. It's a place to rest your head, not a place to spend time.

Located on a stretch of road I'd describe as a "miracle mile" filled with strip malls, and other businesses, it is neither in town, nor that close to the beach. It is in fact a motel located where land is cheap, within a 10-15 minute drive of either Bradenton or the beach.

As you might expect, the air conditioner was effective but far from quiet, the furnishings exactly the same as for any such hotel chain anywhere in the country. I selected it because I expected it to be inexpensive (relative to the local market) and clean.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor, or rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Bob M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear T9-Orca

Well, first of all thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you found our property to be clean and comfortable. While I guess it's true that we are not the most luxurious hotel, I must say that many guests find the combination of comfort, convenience and affordability that we offer to be the smart choice when it comes to overnight accommodations. And while we are not ON the beach, we are the closest nationally branded hotel TO the beach.

Anyway, we truly are grateful for your business and hope that return to us again in the future.

Concord, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stay here on a business trip on October 18th. After a long drive down it was wonderful to finally be at the hotel. We found the check in process to be quick and effective. The gentleman working the front desk was helpful at directing us to various area restaurants and giving us some basic information we needed about the area.

The room was clean and comfortable. After returning from dinner we did have some trouble with the AC. After a quick call to the front desk they offered to upgrade us to a suite, however, the AC did begin working and we did not feel a change was needed.

Breakfast was your typical breakfast for a hotel such as this. The area was well maintained and the the server was very observant to the guest needs.

The location of this hotel is great. It is close the the bridge to the beaches and right in the center of many different restaurants. However, in the room you do not feel you are in the center of the action. Everything was nice, quiet and restful.

My only complaint... is that in the hallways there is a strange smell (on the 3rd floor). Kinda like mildew. Now the rooms did not have this odor. It concerned me and we were quite relieved that the smell did not exist in our rooms.

We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kristy

Thank you for your positive review. I am so glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. We really do strive to please for each and every guest, and clearly we succeeded with you. I do not know the source of the smell on the third floor, but I am glad to hear that you did not have to deal with it in your room. We had no other complaints of it, but I will talk to the maintenance staff to see if we can determine the source and correct the problem.

I very much appreciate your choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express. I hope that I will see you again in the future.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The room with a kind sized bed was clean and comfortable. The complementary shampoo and conditioner is just enough for one person, though. The complementary breakfast served near the lobby was pretty standard fare for this type of hotel. There's a little pool on the back side of the hotel. The water was clean and refreshingly cool and not many people frequented it. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and bar (walking distance). I would stay there again.

Room Tip: i paid $89/night and thought it was a decent value.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear 33Rigel

Thank you for the nice comments that you posted here. A good night's sleep is the key objective to every hotel stay and it sounds as if we met your expectations. You are right in your assessment that there is lots to do right in our area. I have several favorite restaurants that I frequent like Gio's and Anna Maria Oyster Bar. Love it!

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your headquarters for this visit. Stop by and say hi on your next visit.

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have stayed before at this property and the experience was great before and our impression has not changed! Bob (the new GM), was very professional & made us feel right at home. We really loved Monica, who works the morning complimentary breakfast. She was very friendly and did a fantastic job of keeping up with the refilling of breakfast items (i.e.: bacon, eggs, biscuits: etc.), which is certainly a challenge on a Saturday morning. The location is perfect for us since we have family who live right around the corner. We will definately be back when our travels bring us from North Carolina to Florida again. Thank you for another GREAT STAY!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Wow! What a great review. We thank you for continuing to choose our Holiday Inn Express & Suites as your home away from home in Bradenton. I'll be sure to share your thoughts with our team, particulary Pam and Jany who work so hard to please in our Breakfast Room. They are They are great examples of the team spirit here and they will be thrilled to know that your were so pleased. We look forward to continuing to serve as your host again in the future.

Bob Monica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
#11 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West? Share your experiences!