Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The property itself is very nice and right on the river. The lobby, bistro and pool are clean, modern, and comfortable. The room we had was very clean and modern finishes. I did not like that our room faced a parking lot and the balcony is so small you literally just stand on it. The biggest annoyance was the air conditioning, there was no way to leave the fan on. It was either very warm or freezing. It left us all extremely dried out even in the Florida humidity.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for pool or river views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The riverfront in Bradenton is beautifull and this hotel is great,very well kept and the staff was great. It would have been even better if it had a better breakfast choices. It has a mini restaurant that offers Starbucks coffee but very small selection of food. But the hotel is in an awesome location and everything is very close by.

Room Tip: get a riverview, is a little bit more expensive but worth it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We where in from Texas for our nephew's funeral. We first booked our room at the super 8 down the road that was disgusting. I made a call to this hotel and was able to book right away and arrive 10 minutes of making it. What a beautiful hotel. Gorgeous lobby. Rooms were so clean. Linen fresh and cozy. We had a sofa bed for my son and he said it was so comfortable to sleep on. Starbucks in the lobby and a nice big pool with plenty of furniture to lounge around. Awesome river view from the patio. We needed extra blankets and room service didn't take 5 minutes to knock on our door. Must warn you the pool floor is very slippery and if not careful you will slip and fall. We did inform the front deck of the danger and they immediately closed to pool to correct the problem. I will definitely return its totally worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank RnEReid
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We booked this hotel not knowing what to expect. We loved what we walked into when we arrived!

The lobby is open, bright and cheerful. And the employees are the same. The level of friendliness we experienced is unmatched anywhere else we've stayed. The front desk people were professional and very helpful.

The rooms were spacious and we had room to spread out. Our room was on the fourth floor and overlooked the Manatee River (where the property got its name - "Riverfront"). There is a walkway (called the River Walk) along the river that goes in each direction from the hotel. We walked it the three nights we were there and enjoyed those relaxing strolls. It is definitely a bonus for this hotel to be the only one along this walk.

The 'courtyard' is an actual courtyard where the pool is surrounded by nice plants and palm trees. There is a nice fountain in the courtyard as well. The courtyard of this hotel looks more like the grounds of a higher-priced resort than a moderate-priced hotel.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, per se. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available in small area off the main lobby. That area shares space with a bar that also serves Starbucks coffee.

That leads to the only downside of the property: there is a VERY limited menu for meals and because the coffee is kept in large, commercial urns, most of the time our coffee was warm, not hot. There is an off-site restaurant a short walk away, but that food was just so-so. Higher priced (and I would imagine better quality) restaurants are further down the River Walk; one in each direction. We didn't make it to either one, but were told the food is really good.

A small snack shop/general store is adjacent to the lobby and that was stocked with enough to satisfy our needs.

All-in-all, we couldn't have been happier and we'll definitely stay there again if we ever visit that part of Florida.

Room Tip: There are a limited number of rooms that face the river. These rooms are on the higher floors and a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rusty W
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here recently and left an item in the room. I realize it was my fault, I should be more careful, but I wasn't impressed with the way the hotel handled it. Upon noticing I left the item, I contacted the hotel and was told housekeeping would call me back. They never did, so I called again...spoke to someone who said they didnt find anything, but would check further and call me back. They did not. I called back again - spoke to very nice person at front desk - believe her name was Maria and explained situation to her. She had the housekeeping manager call me back. Well actually Maria called me back and had the housekeeping manager on the phone. The housekeeping manager said that she wanted to return my call but couldnt because she didnt have my number. In any case after all of that I never got my item back, no one ever found it. I dont know if I would stay here again. It was my fault I forgot something but they didnt handle it that well, outside of Maria. I am sure housekeeping is busy etc but looking after customers is still their job and if someone forgets something, you should at least call them and tell them you're looking for it rather than blowing them off!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SJ2007
Reviewed 9 July 2013

When we arrived, Chelsea from Ft. Meyers was very professional, polite, and accommodating. As for the other associates in the lobby, they carried on with private, personal conversations in front of us, were smacking gum, and didn't address us at all. However, housekeeping guests were very nice, and spoke to us each time we were in the hallways. Housekeeping did knock on the door at 9:30am on a Sunday to clean our room so don't plan on sleeping in past that! Not to mention the bed was like a rock.

As for the pool, this was a disaster! The reason for our trip was to enjoy time with our family out by the pool and riverfront, but this was far from enjoyable! Approximately only 20% of the people at the pool were hotel guests, for the majority parked their cars somewhere else and walked in through the back. Worst of all, literally half of the pool was occupied by an associate's family. The associates came out in uniform to refill his family's coolers although no food and drink were supposedly permitted. About 12 children and 10 adults all belong to the associate and were clearly not staying at the hotel. To top it off, there was a wedding ceremony at 5:30pm right next to the pool, and the hotel did not close the pool out of respect for the couple's BIG day. Instead, the associate's family began playing marco polo just as the ceremony started. The wedding even had to turn up their music, but nothing was done about it!

Overall, the hotel was really nice and affordable, and the location is to die for! We got upgraded to a beautiful suite and enjoyed the bistro within the hotel. Nonetheless, the pool experience was very frustrating and a reason for us not to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurin F
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Bradenton - Sarasota / Riverfront for 2 nights, from Sunday, June 9th to Tuesday, June 11th. I had read many Tripadvisor reviews (many negative) about this Courtyard location before booking our stay, and I was honestly prepared for a less than memorable stay at this hotel. I have to say that my family were happily surprised when this Courtyard stay turned into one of our best hotel visits!

The location of the hotel is right along Bradenton's Riverfront, and the surrounding is quite picturesque along the water. As we arrived, we were quite happy with the look and feel of this Courtyard, and the attentive staff members who greeted us.

Upon checking into the room with 2 Queen beds, my wife and I were impressed with how big the room and bathroom were. The quality of the room, along with the look of the hallways, lobby, and pool, are of a much higher level than a standard Courtyard. Having stayed at many Marriott hotels over the years, the Bradenton Courtyard felt more like a mainline Marriott / JW Marriott.

The hotel staff were very nice and the cafe adjacent to the lobby served up a delicious breakfast in the morning. Although we did not use the hotel's pool, it looked quite nice as we made our way for strolls along the Riverfont.

We were very happy to have stayed at this Marriott hotel while visiting in Bradenton, and we would definitely stay at this Courtyard without hesitation! Don't believe everything you read in Tripadvisor about this Courtyard - it's a good hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank VidPS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
#3 of 11 in Bradenton Beach
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
#11 of 11 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront? Share your experiences!