“we loved it. will always use this hotel”

Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed 26 August 2011

very clean. great rooms. the view is great. the pool and spa is great. all in all great hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dakotah13

Reviewed 10 March 2011

After 3 days of Civil War reenacting and a 10-hour drive, my traveling companion and I arrived at 9:23pm, and needed only 3 things: 1) a decent room, 2) showers, and 3) no hassles. Sadly, we were disappointed. While the room was quite acceptable, our toilet was plugged, forcing me to kneel next to the full bowl to frantically turn off the shut-off valve to prevent the toilet from overflowing. Mmmm, how delightful. The night manager moved us to another room (unfortunately on the 2nd floor, necessitating that we carry all our luggage upstairs) and informed me that the day manager would make an adjustment for our inconvenience. Thus, it was about 11pm before we had a functional toilet, and could finally take showers.

While this motel advertises wireless internet (one of the reasons we paid more to stay here than at the Motel 6 around the corner), the wireless was functionally useless. A simple web page would not even load after 5 minutes of waiting.

The next morning, at checkout, I asked the day manager for a rate adjustment for our inconvenience. I asked him what he felt would be fair if he had gone through the same hassles we had. He offered me a lousy $15 discount off a $90 total. I countered that I would be satisfied if he'd match the rate of the Motel 6, about $50. At this point his Bad Attitude Flag was waving wildly; he cracked that people get their cars broken into at the Motel 6 and then come over to his motel, and that the best he would offer was the $15 discount. I was forced to take this insult and accept his paltry adjustment. I should not have to be insulted by arrogant motel staff. I will never stay at this motel again, even on a bet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank excelsiorcornetband
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Neat and clean motel..Great location..Large swimming pool..Very good break-fast..

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Supposed to be a better Inn, wifi not working, altough we specifically asked for it at checkin.
Sheets were stained, got changed rapidly, but should not happen.
Breakfast looked good in the in room information but the healthy tings as youghurt etc had been taken away and replaced with sweet stuff

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

The hotel appears much older and isn't on par with other Comfort Inns I've stayed with. The gals behind the desk did speak pretty good English when speaking to me directly. My King room had good style and is comfortable. Room was $77 before taxes.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel, though small, has a beautiful lake behind it, lovely gazebo next to the swimming pool, and a jacuzzi. The breakfast included was terrific - good variety and everything was fresh. Served in a lovely well lit room with complimentary newspaper.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2007

I travel for business and this was by far the worst hotel I have encountered.

I booked a non-smoking room - when I got to the room it reeked of smoke. I have severe allergies and within two minutes my lungs were burning and I knew I could not stay at this establishment. I went to the front desk and explained my situation. The employee never offered to move me to a different room so, I wanted to check out. I was informaed that II would have to pay for the night, even though I had been there less than 20 minutes. After 30 minutes of arguing with the front desk employee she checked me out and gave me a print out showing $0.00 charge to my credit card. I thought I was done.

When my American Express bill came the next month I was charged $159.00 for a 20 minute stay at the Comfort Inn. I called the Manager and he said he would have to check into the situation. I called again a day later and he refused to take my calls, this went on for a week. Finally, I filed a claim with American Express and last week the charge finally came off of my bill.

In addition to filing a claim with American Express, I also filed one with Clarion the parent company. I was given a lot of lip service with absolutely no follow-up. I will never stay at a Clarion affiliated hotel, suite, or inn again.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank HobokenWSH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
#14 of 21 in Bradenton
Days Inn Bradenton I-75
Days Inn Bradenton I-75
#16 of 21 in Bradenton

Been to Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall? Share your experiences!