“Interesting...Beautiful...And Things you wouldn't find online about Bradenton hotels...”

The Londoner Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Bradenton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I found this B&B via Priceline and had this eye opening moment of seeing very low priced hotels tourists might not understand clearly. When booking Bradenton hotels, be very aware of those located on 41 or Tamiami Trail as it isn't infrequent that sections of them will be booked out to people running back/side lot drug drive thrus or have ladies of the night working out front -- particularly with one's closer to Sarasota. Doing a search of Bradenton or Sarasota Herald Tribune using their names would be appropriate to keep you and your family safe.

That said, we chose to stay at a B&B as we had shows to do and just needed a comfortable place to sleep, keep pug and eat.

It is NOT a place for someone who needs a large or even average TV/cable set up. Wireless is inconsistent.

IT IS a place for someone who wants to park their car and forget about it. There are several bars and restaurants in the area where this place place makes a great day trip. We met two other couples who lived under a hour away who came simply for a romantic getaway.

IT IS a well renovated old home with fluffy wonderful beds and pillows. It has an easeful color scheme and fine antique furniture.

The breakfast is excellent. It has both cold and hot components. Order your egg as you want it and bacon if desired. The bacon actually almost gets this place an excellent...and Bradenton is none for excellent breakfast places. The cold selection includes sometimes pork and meatloaf. It also has 2 selections of cakes. Coffee pots are constantly refilled.

The porch is nice and well appointed for reading, talking or just thinking. The neighborhood is safe and allows for many types of scenic walks if you stick to the bridge and river. Our pug was really happy with her vacation walks.

The beer garden is a work in progress or just not in full throttle during the outlandish heat. A nice good German beer and German beer mix is offered. We had the goulash and knoedel which was simply wondrous comfort food with identifiable, tasty vegetables.

The rooms without bathrooms included are so close it doesn't matter. Robes are provided. Bathrooms are not shared.

Towels and amenities were all very nice.

I'm having to think on value. I felt my smaller room ( Kensington ) was in a fashion, overpriced. But then I considered sometimes I spend at Days Inns down the road. It was nice that they had a pool, but I was concerned by the people looking at me and my coming and goings. It was small, but I had a large portion of a house, porch and yard to be in that was with people I felt comfortable with and in a neighborhood next to a bustling small downtown. The breakfast I felt could be priced in the $10-12 area. There was no dog fee or deposit, which was congenial.

It did have a help yourself kind of atmosphere where you felt more like someone had loaned you keys to their large, well appointed baby mansion. When I arrived I called for the code to get in and related instruction. I'm the type of traveler who is very low maintenance and comfortable finding my way around.

I appreciated my stay as it allowed me to do three shows in one weekend without a lot of stress personally, emotionally or financially.

Room Tip: Consider some of the points of value mentioned in my last paragraph above.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rhondakwrites
There are newer reviews for The Londoner Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We booked this as the Londoner B&B based on the great reviews about the owners Jenny and John. We were surprised to find on arrival the name change to the German Inn B&B. Having settled in we went to breakfast to be met (eventually) by a German gentleman who didn't even introduce himself or explain the change of ownership. This was a surprise as 24 hours before we were still getting emails from Jenny. Overall my wife and felt very cheated by the lack of honesty over the change. There was in our opinion a huge difference in the reviews and the reality of the new owners. Finally, the location leaves a lot to be desired for the price. It is described as "historic Bradenton" more like run down and not the type of area that warrants $ 160 per night!

• Stayed: November 2011
9  Thank Bramshire
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We have stayed at many B & B's but always in Canada. This was going to be our first experience with a US B & B. We had a confirmation of our reservation but when we arrived at 8:00 p.m. there was a note on the door saying they would be back at 8. We waited about 30 minutes and then left a note that we had gone for super but would be back. When we got back at about 9:30 p.m. our note was still there and the sign still said back at 8. As I said we had confirmation of our reservation but apparently the operators didn't give two hoots about that. If this is the way B & B's operate in the US than we won't be booking into any of them.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank Bruce F
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I felt after the level of service I received on my stay at the Londoner I had to. After searching for something slightly different accommodation wise I unearthed the Londoner, at first I was a bit sceptical but after the welcoming and hospitality we experienced over our short stay was superb.

Being a family run business, it has that sense of warmth compared to bigger hotels. My girlfriend and I stayed in the Victoria suite, it was the little things that added up in the room that made the experience what it was.

I like to try out new places but will be back in the very near future...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Garfield S
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I entertain busienss and personal friends at Londoner's Tea Room regularly. It is unmatched and I have eaten EVERYWHERE. The cuisine is only surpassed by the hospitality of owner Jenny Taylor. In matters of cuisines presentation is everything but in this case the food is Five Stars as is the presentation and hospitality. MY FAVORITE!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BlackHawkPaul
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Very nice B&B with clean rooms, delicious breakfast and wonderful hosts, not only helpful and friendly but interesting to talk too.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarianaBostonMA
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Host/Owners John, Jenny and Christina were delightful!! Old Victorian style home in downtown Bradenton was spotless and well kept. The service was awesome!! I wanted to do something special for my wife and mentioned that to Jenny. She went out of her way to get roses and make reservations for me and wouldn't accept a dime for it. Never have I met a more hospitable and friendly family. My wife and I will definately be back and recommend a trip to The Londoner in beautiful downtown Bradenton to everyone!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jgking83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
#2 of 16 in Holmes Beach

Been to The Londoner Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!