I found this B&B via Priceline and had this eye opening moment of seeing very low priced hotels tourists might not understand clearly. When booking Bradenton hotels, be very aware of those located on 41 or Tamiami Trail as it isn't infrequent that sections of them will be booked out to people running back/side lot drug drive thrus or have ladies of the night working out front -- particularly with one's closer to Sarasota. Doing a search of Bradenton or Sarasota Herald Tribune using their names would be appropriate to keep you and your family safe.
That said, we chose to stay at a B&B as we had shows to do and just needed a comfortable place to sleep, keep pug and eat.
It is NOT a place for someone who needs a large or even average TV/cable set up. Wireless is inconsistent.
IT IS a place for someone who wants to park their car and forget about it. There are several bars and restaurants in the area where this place place makes a great day trip. We met two other couples who lived under a hour away who came simply for a romantic getaway.
IT IS a well renovated old home with fluffy wonderful beds and pillows. It has an easeful color scheme and fine antique furniture.
The breakfast is excellent. It has both cold and hot components. Order your egg as you want it and bacon if desired. The bacon actually almost gets this place an excellent...and Bradenton is none for excellent breakfast places. The cold selection includes sometimes pork and meatloaf. It also has 2 selections of cakes. Coffee pots are constantly refilled.
The porch is nice and well appointed for reading, talking or just thinking. The neighborhood is safe and allows for many types of scenic walks if you stick to the bridge and river. Our pug was really happy with her vacation walks.
The beer garden is a work in progress or just not in full throttle during the outlandish heat. A nice good German beer and German beer mix is offered. We had the goulash and knoedel which was simply wondrous comfort food with identifiable, tasty vegetables.
The rooms without bathrooms included are so close it doesn't matter. Robes are provided. Bathrooms are not shared.
Towels and amenities were all very nice.
I'm having to think on value. I felt my smaller room ( Kensington ) was in a fashion, overpriced. But then I considered sometimes I spend at Days Inns down the road. It was nice that they had a pool, but I was concerned by the people looking at me and my coming and goings. It was small, but I had a large portion of a house, porch and yard to be in that was with people I felt comfortable with and in a neighborhood next to a bustling small downtown. The breakfast I felt could be priced in the $10-12 area. There was no dog fee or deposit, which was congenial.
It did have a help yourself kind of atmosphere where you felt more like someone had loaned you keys to their large, well appointed baby mansion. When I arrived I called for the code to get in and related instruction. I'm the type of traveler who is very low maintenance and comfortable finding my way around.
I appreciated my stay as it allowed me to do three shows in one weekend without a lot of stress personally, emotionally or financially.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Historic downtown Bradenton, this 3 story house has been restored and furnished to make you feel like you are at home..... in London! Each room is themed on a different area in London and has photographs and interesting articles displayed on that area, each bedroom has its own bathroom, Serta pillowtop mattresses and Wi-Fi. We serve a full breakfast every morning and afternoon teas are available by reservation only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The Londoner Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Londoner Hotel Bradenton
- The Londoner Bed And Breakfast
- The Londoner Bed & Breakfast Bradenton, Florida