“A Wonderfull time at the German Inn Bradenton FL”

The Londoner Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Bradenton B&B and Inns
Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“A Wonderfull time at the German Inn Bradenton FL”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We had some nice days in Bradenton B&B The German Inn. Great inkeepers, breakfast very good. We stayed in the Munich Suite, very clean, one tip enjoy the german beergarden. The B&B is located downtown - at a quiet place near mainstreat and golf bay. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Palmetto, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Chose this place for a birthday tea with six friends and it was delightful. Service was courteous and the food delicious. Tea was endless and made in a proper pot. We had a choice of lovely tea cups and three tiers of scrumptious goodies accompanied by lemon curd, devon cream and cherry jam. We were left to our own devices once the table was spread and we had a wonderful couple of hours of conversation. I would recommend booking a tea for a special occasion or something different to do.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2012

none of the dinners offered on web site menu was on the dinning room menu, We had reservations and ended up ordering from the dinning room menu. The only snitzle on the menu was plain and it was cold.I have never heard of cold snitzle and I have eaten at many germam restrauants and also in gernany at several cities. All we were server was cold snitzle and spatzle . Two of my party would or could not eat any of it. There was one person doing both the cooking and serving which took about 45 minutes, I don't know why as the snitzle was cold.It was my idea to go to the German inn but none of us will ever go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank robert s
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

After reading many reviews on Trip Advisor, I settled on this hotel even though I was a bit skeptical. My dog and I have rarely stayed at bed & breakfast style places due to the fact I prefer more of an insulated room in case he gets separation anxiety. Plus the photos gave it a more posh museum antique look, not my style. I am of German heritage and the price was right at $79.00 plus tax and no pet fee. I booked for one night. I was greeted by a German man ( owner I think) on arrival he showed me around then took me to my room. I stayed in the Frankfourt room, with a nice four poster bed, couch, T.V., alarm clock and dresser. The robe was a nice touch, although I didn't use it because I brought my own. I didn't mind that the bathroom was just outside my room, it reminded me of traveling in Europe where sharing a bathroom is normal, although I didn't have to share this one. The bed was comfortable, linens adequate, I was a little concerned about my little Yorky jumping off the bed and hurting his short legs. All in all I felt like a previous reviewer described, like I had been given the keys to my Oma's house. It had a warm, friendly, inviting feel. Not the museum, afraid to touch anything feel I had wrongly perceived in the pictures. I booked a second night I enjoyed it so much. I loved the authentic German breakfast with german bread, meat and cheese, and cooked to order eggs and bacon, and REAL German coffee. Served by a delightfully warm and wonderful German. The pictures do not do this place justice! On one hand it makes it look too untouchable, a place you would be afraid to bring children or pets ( which is SO NOT true). On the other hand the pictures of the Beer Garden make it look like a back yard with picnic tables ( equally UNTRUE ). When you arrive and walk around and are completely at ease with the ambiance, then drive up a second time and view from the outside you see the place in a whole new perspective. If the pictures were taken of the Beer Garden with umbrellas opened people sitting outside, the attractive lighting and colorful sign, the entire place would take on the homey European feel it justly deserves! Yes you could almost get that Octoberfest feeling. Speaking of which, they have authentic german food and beer, and yes you guessed it served by an authentic real live German!! Jorge, Thank you so much for letting me relive a little bit of my German upbringing!

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Native Floridian
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I found this B&B via Priceline and had this eye opening moment of seeing very low priced hotels tourists might not understand clearly. When booking Bradenton hotels, be very aware of those located on 41 or Tamiami Trail as it isn't infrequent that sections of them will be booked out to people running back/side lot drug drive thrus or have ladies of the night working out front -- particularly with one's closer to Sarasota. Doing a search of Bradenton or Sarasota Herald Tribune using their names would be appropriate to keep you and your family safe.

That said, we chose to stay at a B&B as we had shows to do and just needed a comfortable place to sleep, keep pug and eat.

It is NOT a place for someone who needs a large or even average TV/cable set up. Wireless is inconsistent.

IT IS a place for someone who wants to park their car and forget about it. There are several bars and restaurants in the area where this place place makes a great day trip. We met two other couples who lived under a hour away who came simply for a romantic getaway.

IT IS a well renovated old home with fluffy wonderful beds and pillows. It has an easeful color scheme and fine antique furniture.

The breakfast is excellent. It has both cold and hot components. Order your egg as you want it and bacon if desired. The bacon actually almost gets this place an excellent...and Bradenton is none for excellent breakfast places. The cold selection includes sometimes pork and meatloaf. It also has 2 selections of cakes. Coffee pots are constantly refilled.

The porch is nice and well appointed for reading, talking or just thinking. The neighborhood is safe and allows for many types of scenic walks if you stick to the bridge and river. Our pug was really happy with her vacation walks.

The beer garden is a work in progress or just not in full throttle during the outlandish heat. A nice good German beer and German beer mix is offered. We had the goulash and knoedel which was simply wondrous comfort food with identifiable, tasty vegetables.

The rooms without bathrooms included are so close it doesn't matter. Robes are provided. Bathrooms are not shared.

Towels and amenities were all very nice.

I'm having to think on value. I felt my smaller room ( Kensington ) was in a fashion, overpriced. But then I considered sometimes I spend at Days Inns down the road. It was nice that they had a pool, but I was concerned by the people looking at me and my coming and goings. It was small, but I had a large portion of a house, porch and yard to be in that was with people I felt comfortable with and in a neighborhood next to a bustling small downtown. The breakfast I felt could be priced in the $10-12 area. There was no dog fee or deposit, which was congenial.

It did have a help yourself kind of atmosphere where you felt more like someone had loaned you keys to their large, well appointed baby mansion. When I arrived I called for the code to get in and related instruction. I'm the type of traveler who is very low maintenance and comfortable finding my way around.

I appreciated my stay as it allowed me to do three shows in one weekend without a lot of stress personally, emotionally or financially.

Room Tip: Consider some of the points of value mentioned in my last paragraph above.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rhondakwrites
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We booked this as the Londoner B&B based on the great reviews about the owners Jenny and John. We were surprised to find on arrival the name change to the German Inn B&B. Having settled in we went to breakfast to be met (eventually) by a German gentleman who didn't even introduce himself or explain the change of ownership. This was a surprise as 24 hours before we were still getting emails from Jenny. Overall my wife and felt very cheated by the lack of honesty over the change. There was in our opinion a huge difference in the reviews and the reality of the new owners. Finally, the location leaves a lot to be desired for the price. It is described as "historic Bradenton" more like run down and not the type of area that warrants $ 160 per night!

• Stayed November 2011
9 Thank Bramshire
London, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We have stayed at many B & B's but always in Canada. This was going to be our first experience with a US B & B. We had a confirmation of our reservation but when we arrived at 8:00 p.m. there was a note on the door saying they would be back at 8. We waited about 30 minutes and then left a note that we had gone for super but would be back. When we got back at about 9:30 p.m. our note was still there and the sign still said back at 8. As I said we had confirmation of our reservation but apparently the operators didn't give two hoots about that. If this is the way B & B's operate in the US than we won't be booking into any of them.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Bruce F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Best Western Plus Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
#3 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to The Londoner Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!