“Is now "The Londoner Inn" again”

The Londoner Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Bradenton B&B and Inns
Anthem, Arizona
“Is now "The Londoner Inn" again”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The original English owners have taken the management again. They are great people and fun to talk too. The Inn is beautiful and located in the heart of the historic district, walking distance to restaurants and bar's. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cferrell88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Extremely disappointing. The owners seemed to resent interacting with us and were cold and rude. Breakfast was horrible and bland. The fruit consisted of a can of mixed fruit dumped in a bowl. The place was empty except for us, I guess people have figured it out that this place is no longer what it must have been.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Pook66
jentaylor, Owner at The Londoner Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
In October 2011 (due to an emergency surgery) I rented my bed and breakfast (The Londoner) to a German couple who ran it from then Until December 2012. Unfortunately, as you can see from the reviews it was not successful, if you stayed at the house between October 2011 and December 2012, and your stay was anything less than a great time please accept my sincere apologies and if you are in the area in future please give us another try, first night free!
I have honoured all of the reservations that were paid to The German Inn for January and am now running the bed and breakfast myself as The Londoner once again. I look forward to welcoming everyone to the Bed and Breakfast personally and if you still have any concerns please call me on my cell phone 941 465 9636.
javaruke
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Delayed review due to misplaced notes about my stay in December 2011.

During my stay I overheard prior owner (British accent) training the new German owners. So many of the issues I will highlight here may have been addressed in the interim.

- New owners were uncomfortable with the B&B expectation around cordiality and conversation.
- Room cleaning was made bed, but bathroom not touched.
- Mini fridge had three Dasani waters thrown in, one of which was half empty.
- TV in room is miniscule...maybe 18"
- Chairs in room showing age with frayed upholstery.
- For breakfast, obvious friends of establishment are being served bacon and eggs to order, while I have premade cold fritatta, with teenager of friends group watching video on his laptop of someone farting into a microphone.
- On Monday, hosted a boiserous womens party with about 30 people - right under my room.
- Garbage day is Tuesday, you will know by the commotion, as well as the dog barking.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank John R
Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We had some nice days in Bradenton B&B The German Inn. Great inkeepers, breakfast very good. We stayed in the Munich Suite, very clean, one tip enjoy the german beergarden. The B&B is located downtown - at a quiet place near mainstreat and golf bay. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Palmetto, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Chose this place for a birthday tea with six friends and it was delightful. Service was courteous and the food delicious. Tea was endless and made in a proper pot. We had a choice of lovely tea cups and three tiers of scrumptious goodies accompanied by lemon curd, devon cream and cherry jam. We were left to our own devices once the table was spread and we had a wonderful couple of hours of conversation. I would recommend booking a tea for a special occasion or something different to do.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2012

none of the dinners offered on web site menu was on the dinning room menu, We had reservations and ended up ordering from the dinning room menu. The only snitzle on the menu was plain and it was cold.I have never heard of cold snitzle and I have eaten at many germam restrauants and also in gernany at several cities. All we were server was cold snitzle and spatzle . Two of my party would or could not eat any of it. There was one person doing both the cooking and serving which took about 45 minutes, I don't know why as the snitzle was cold.It was my idea to go to the German inn but none of us will ever go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank robert s
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

After reading many reviews on Trip Advisor, I settled on this hotel even though I was a bit skeptical. My dog and I have rarely stayed at bed & breakfast style places due to the fact I prefer more of an insulated room in case he gets separation anxiety. Plus the photos gave it a more posh museum antique look, not my style. I am of German heritage and the price was right at $79.00 plus tax and no pet fee. I booked for one night. I was greeted by a German man ( owner I think) on arrival he showed me around then took me to my room. I stayed in the Frankfourt room, with a nice four poster bed, couch, T.V., alarm clock and dresser. The robe was a nice touch, although I didn't use it because I brought my own. I didn't mind that the bathroom was just outside my room, it reminded me of traveling in Europe where sharing a bathroom is normal, although I didn't have to share this one. The bed was comfortable, linens adequate, I was a little concerned about my little Yorky jumping off the bed and hurting his short legs. All in all I felt like a previous reviewer described, like I had been given the keys to my Oma's house. It had a warm, friendly, inviting feel. Not the museum, afraid to touch anything feel I had wrongly perceived in the pictures. I booked a second night I enjoyed it so much. I loved the authentic German breakfast with german bread, meat and cheese, and cooked to order eggs and bacon, and REAL German coffee. Served by a delightfully warm and wonderful German. The pictures do not do this place justice! On one hand it makes it look too untouchable, a place you would be afraid to bring children or pets ( which is SO NOT true). On the other hand the pictures of the Beer Garden make it look like a back yard with picnic tables ( equally UNTRUE ). When you arrive and walk around and are completely at ease with the ambiance, then drive up a second time and view from the outside you see the place in a whole new perspective. If the pictures were taken of the Beer Garden with umbrellas opened people sitting outside, the attractive lighting and colorful sign, the entire place would take on the homey European feel it justly deserves! Yes you could almost get that Octoberfest feeling. Speaking of which, they have authentic german food and beer, and yes you guessed it served by an authentic real live German!! Jorge, Thank you so much for letting me relive a little bit of my German upbringing!

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
#3 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
#2 of 15 in Holmes Beach

Been to The Londoner Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!