We wanted to like this place, but would not recommend it. Location in downtown Bradenton is near the water, but the immediate surroundings are bleak. We stayed two nights in the Victoria Suite. Greeted at the door, shown the code for the locks, our room, and were informed that they owners lived "off site". We think they should be "on site" a bit more because attention to details is what's missing here.
The door to our suite had a three-inch gap at the bottom, a shaky knob, with a large drilled open hole below that. Our 'suite' was large, but the sitting room was nearly bare, with two uncomfortable chairs on one wall and a large chest on the other. Instead of an armoir, a metal contraption similar to a clothes drying rack in one corner. The bathroom had one small towel bar only, so there was no place to hang a towel for the sink or shower. The sink faced one direction; the mirror was on a different wall. A bare light bulb for illumination. Rough-cut two by fours served as woodwork. Even the painting of the walls was badly, hastily done. Artwork? Two magazine photos of England scenes in plastic frames.
Breakfast? I can compliment the coffee and fresh fruit. Only.
There is a lot of bare wood flooring in the halls and rooms above, so there's a lot of noise.The bathrooms for other guest rooms, in the hall outside our door, had paper labels just scotch taped onto the doors.
Did I mention the empty flower pots with cigarette butts on the front porch steps? Never cleaned our whole stay.
The hosts were friendly enough - the husband especially - but gosh! Go to Home Depot and get a couple towel hooks for the bathroom and a cheap light shade, at least. Not that difficult!
We had one night with not much to do, and were actually reluctant to go back to the 'suite' to spend the evening. Don't expect the level of comfort, taste and attention to detail one expects in a really nice B&B at the Londoner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Historic downtown Bradenton, this 3 story house has been restored and furnished to make you feel like you are at home..... in London! Each room is themed on a different area in London and has photographs and interesting articles displayed on that area, each bedroom has its own bathroom, Serta pillowtop mattresses and Wi-Fi. We serve a full breakfast every morning and afternoon teas are available by reservation only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Londoner Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Londoner Hotel Bradenton
- The Londoner Bed And Breakfast
- The Londoner Bed & Breakfast Bradenton, Florida