The Londoner Bed & Breakfast
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsb bhomemade sconesgreat restaurant recommendationswrap around porchhost and hostessthree blocksbottled waterbreakfast tableother guestsbreakfast was deliciousfarmers marketroom was cleanmini fridgewonderful stayjanebathrobeskeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The house is lovely. The service was adequate. The food was acceptable. I have found that establishments serving tea usually have more choices and better tasting food. The property was clean and, as I said, everything was OK. I enjoyed the time with my friends. I would choose to go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Dorothy G
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I'm still on a high from my one night stay there. I had to return to Bradenton for my divorce and wanted to treat myself to something special so decided against the typical hotel stay. I searched B&B's in Bradenton & read about the Londoner & another property in Palmetto. After comparing everything, I chose the Londoner and am so happy I did. "John", the owner, was like my own personal concierge. He anticipated my every need before I even asked. He knew my situation and gave me a complimentary suite upgrade. Everything, from the wrap around porch to all the little English details (little salt & pepper shakers that looked like red English phone booths) were so charming. I felt like I was in another place, which was very therapeutic. The complimentary breakfast blew me away. I'm one person and the spread John made for me was fit for a king/queen! Coffee, yogurt, fresh cut up fruit, scones, bacon and eggs made to order, fresh orange juice, jams and jellies, etc. John felt like family and knew I felt like talking and obliged. What a fascinating life he has had! I can't wait to bring my daughter back and have a relaxing "girls getaway", walking the River Walk, eating again at FAV's restaurant, maybe catch a show by the Manatee Players theater group (instead of seeing the judge ;).

Room Tip: I stayed in the Victoria suite. Four poster bed, beautiful dark hardwood floors, love seat, refrigerator, flat screen tv.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Celeste G
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This B&B is very clean and nicely furnished, however, a little sparse in decor. Its in a nice location, where you can easily walk downtown or to the marina. Not all of the rooms have private baths within the room, so make sure you ask about this...some rooms have bathrooms that are assigned to your room, but are located across the hall and not in the room. The usual amenities that are typically associated with B&Bs, such as snacks or refreshments in the afternoon or bottled water or soda in your room, were not present. However, the breakfast well made up for any shortcomings with an amazing quiche made by the owner, lovely scones hot out of the oven, assorted fresh fruits, yogurt, and granola.

Room Tip: Antonia Suite was pretty with a private bathroom and large shower.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neneRN
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We wanted to like this place, but would not recommend it. Location in downtown Bradenton is near the water, but the immediate surroundings are bleak. We stayed two nights in the Victoria Suite. Greeted at the door, shown the code for the locks, our room, and were informed that they owners lived "off site". We think they should be "on site" a bit more because attention to details is what's missing here.

The door to our suite had a three-inch gap at the bottom, a shaky knob, with a large drilled open hole below that. Our 'suite' was large, but the sitting room was nearly bare, with two uncomfortable chairs on one wall and a large chest on the other. Instead of an armoir, a metal contraption similar to a clothes drying rack in one corner. The bathroom had one small towel bar only, so there was no place to hang a towel for the sink or shower. The sink faced one direction; the mirror was on a different wall. A bare light bulb for illumination. Rough-cut two by fours served as woodwork. Even the painting of the walls was badly, hastily done. Artwork? Two magazine photos of England scenes in plastic frames.
Breakfast? I can compliment the coffee and fresh fruit. Only.
There is a lot of bare wood flooring in the halls and rooms above, so there's a lot of noise.The bathrooms for other guest rooms, in the hall outside our door, had paper labels just scotch taped onto the doors.
Did I mention the empty flower pots with cigarette butts on the front porch steps? Never cleaned our whole stay.
The hosts were friendly enough - the husband especially - but gosh! Go to Home Depot and get a couple towel hooks for the bathroom and a cheap light shade, at least. Not that difficult!
We had one night with not much to do, and were actually reluctant to go back to the 'suite' to spend the evening. Don't expect the level of comfort, taste and attention to detail one expects in a really nice B&B at the Londoner.

Room Tip: Beware! Everyone bangs their heads on the low ceiling going up the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights in the Kensington room. It was just right for two people that want a comfortable, clean, cozy room. It was a great value also because they serve a fantastic breakfast! The inn is also very close to downtown and the waterfront. Both are nice places to look around and enjoy this quaint town. Although it was 8 miles from the attraction we came to see, getting around is easy and required little time. Why stay in an average hotel when for the same price you can stay in a wonderful b&b? We will come back to the Londoner next time and recommend to our friends. Only one small recommendation.... The private bathroom is Very manageable but on small side.

• Stayed: April 2013