“Quaint and Charming”

Ranked #1 of 3 Bradenton B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“Quaint and Charming”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We have stayed at B&Bs all over the country and must say that this is certainly one of the top 5! Cute, clean, charming, and quiet!! We loved it! It was close to the river and there is plenty to do nearby, but not overwhelmingly so.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
RI
Reviewed 6 May 2009

During a particularly stressful visit to Bradenton, on business, it was my pleasure to stay at this lovely B&B.
I was warmly greeted by the lovely Jill and her assistant-Miss Frankie, who settled me into my room at the top of this neat as a pin house. My room was CLEAN, quiet and extemely comfortable.

Jenny is a top notch innkeeper with an eye for the details that matter. The linens and my bed were dreamy and I drifted off with the face of Bob Hope smiling at me from the dresser and to the lulling sound of the ceiling fans. The house also has central air, both quiet and cool. Breakfast was exactly what I needed, a lovely pot of tea and a granola, fruit and yogurt parfait. There was also a lovely vegetarian quiche available.

Both Jill and Jenny were aware of my stress, and had me laughing in spite of this dreaded business trip. Miss Frankie gave me a special gift, the memory of which I will always treasure.

If your business or pleasure brings you to downtown Bradenton, this is a most convenient location. It took me 5 minutes to walk to my appointment the next morning. A n equally short walk in the opposite direction brings you to the waterfront and a nice restaurant called Mattison's where I enjoyed a nice dinner.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Pack4me11
Miami, Fl
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Don't tell anyone, but this place is truly amazing. The place is kept extremely tidy and cozy. Jenny and Jill will treat you as family and will provide excellent food, great service and will go out of their way to accomodate your needs and wants. I loved it, my girlfriend loved it (which is really important) ....so don't spread the word around or I won't be able to go again.

• Liked — The place is very pretty and extremely well maintained.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Acuarama
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 1 August 2008

We loved this place! I called the inn keeper Julie personaly to make reservations for the next night. She went out of her way to grab a bottle of wine and have a setup in the room for us when we got there and made a catered the breakfast to our diet needs. (vegetarian) Her shortbread cookies are the best I have ever tasted but she wouldn't give me the recipe...lol! The inn is in a great location which is close to the docks and just a block away from local shopping and eats. The rooms are all so wonderful...better than some 5 star hotels I have stayed at. We met with Jennifer, the owner before we left and she was just as warm as Julie. The experience was unforgettable as well as Julie's enticing cooking skills. We will be back!

• Liked — Everything was updated but yet kept the bed & breakfast charm
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jen_josh_orlando
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed 19 July 2008

I was in Bradenton to visit my uncle who was in the local hospital. While looking for something convenient and more personal than a large or "brand" hotel, I came upon the Londoner, and I felt as though I had hit the jackpot.. I had to return to Bradenton twice more within the month and I stayed there both times. I felt so at home and welcome; the breakfast was wonderful, the bedrooms and baths were clean and quiet and comfortable, and the London theme was fun, as well. Julie was amazingly thoughtful and helpful and accommodating, not to mention a great cook/chef! It'll be my only choice when I go back--

• Liked — feeling comfortable with the phsical surroundings and the special consideration shown by the proprietor
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank cicadafromatlanta
Chicago
Reviewed 9 July 2008

The Londoner is the best bed and breakfast ever. Julie (the innkeeper) has just the right combination of cheerful, caring, over-the-top accommodation and still not hovering too much. Breakfast was a feast. Everything is sparkling clean and in top notch condition. Plenty of room; quiet at night. It's the only place I'll ever stay in Bradenton!

• Liked — Outstanding Service
  • Disliked — Parking area
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank RedbudChicago
Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2008

The Londoner is in a relatively quiet neighborhood, very near the water, just down the street from a library as well as a handful of bars and eateries on Main Street. The house is pretty and clean. The owner, Jenny Taylor, is absolutely adorable. The breakfasts are delicious.

One caveat: not all the rooms have attached bathrooms. While you will indeed have a private bath, you might have to go down the hall to get to it. If this would bother you, be sure to ask about it when you book your room.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — the unattached bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple