“You don't have a lot of options...”

Wrangler Steakhouse at the Furnace Creek Ranch
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Because we stayed at the Furnace Creek Ranch, dining options are very limited. The setting is nice and cool, yay! There is a salad bar that came with our steak, which was ok. I mean, you are in the middle of nowhere so to expect an epic meal would be foolish. It was good for what it was but you do pay for it. The wine list was nice and prices not too bad. Death Valley is definitely worth visiting and we didn't mind paying for our meal.

2  Thank BabsSC

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We visited last night as we liked the idea of a buffet, wrong - what they mean is an all you can eat salad bar!

My husband had a nice steak, he was happy!
I went for the chicken special-looked ok till I cut it open and it was still raw! I sent it back and about 15 minutes later the server came to my husband and asked to take his plate as he had finished his meal and asked if he wanted dessert! he of course said why would he want dessert when I haven't eaten my meal yet!!
Anyway my good came out shortly after at which point I wasn't really that hungry! Was ok though - the jidori sauce was a bit too tangy!
Due to their error my meal and our desserts were on the house! A fair trade off for us both eating alone I suppose!

Still probably the best option for food on the ranch though!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were staying at the ranch and weren’t too pleased with our dinner at the Forty-Niner Café the night before, so decided to try the Wrangler breakfast buffet. We thought we’d have more choice with a buffet. We were wrong.

Everything was poor quality and poorly prepared. I started at the fruit and yoghurt section of the buffet (which I noticed a number of other diners missed completely) and had a choice of canned peaches, canned pears, pineapple, sliced melons and extra-sweet yoghurt.

After touring the hot breakfast buffet and noticing the sad state of the scrambled eggs (which looked like they’d been sitting out for quite some time) I asked one of the cooks if he could scramble me up a couple of eggs. "Sure, sure…" he said, and pulled out a batch of pre-made eggs to warm up for me. They weren’t worth waiting for. I tried a piece of bacon and sausage (both extra greasy) as well as some hash browns and a biscuit, which weren’t as bad as the rest of the offerings. I gave a pass to the French toast and gravy-like mixtures that I couldn’t identify. The coffee was mediocre and the whole experience depressing.

Although we were staying onsite another night and would need breakfast again, we decided to eat the fruit and snacks we’d brought with us and give all of the Furnace Creeks Ranch restaurants a wide pass.

3  Thank shessopicky
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The steaks, salad bar, and service were EXCELLENT. Definitely a treat and rivals good steak houses in the city.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I like that the waiter was so helpful, he suggested that most people "share" the steaks as they are huge, then buy veggies etc separate.