“Unsatisfactory”
Review of Amargosa Opera House Restuarant - CLOSED

Amargosa Opera House Restuarant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Our server was nice but not efficient. I did not like my hamburger steak. It was a thin square piece of hamburger. I was hungry so I ate it, but it was not very good. Did not eat much of my soggy veggies. However, the jalapeno poppers was okay and the coconut cream pie.

1  Thank ChrisAMetcalf

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stopped here for a drink and a snack. Fantastic homemade Gouda and pepper soup, lovely pie and fabulous service. The two members of staff were exceptionally pleasant and made us very welcome.

1  Thank Pete J
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We happened into the cafe on a lark and found that it was well worth the time we spent to eat there. I had the DVJ burger and it was very tasty - my son had the biggest flapjack he'd ever seen in his life - all for a reasonable price.

I would give this place a rating of 5 except that my next visit wasn't so great. In fact, my next visit didn't occur at all because they closed the restaurant early! Apparently, they don't keep regular hours because of lack of business...but we were there on a Saturday night and you'd think they'd stay open for the weekend traffic. Don't go out of your way to eat here because you might find yourself very hungry and driving 7 miles to the north to the Longview Casino for your meal. But if you do pass through town and catch them when they're open - definitely stay for dinner...but don't stay the night! (see my review on the hotel)

2  Thank ncurry1968
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We took a guided tour of the opera house which has absolutely stunning murals on the walls all done by one amazingly talented artist/dancer. Beautiful and unexpected.

1  Thank LKotsonas
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The opera house itself was ok, interesting and all, but what I liked best was just the idea of it...the lady wanted to dance and made that happen. Simple. Inspiring in an offbeat way.

2  Thank Mom_with_Teenagers14