“Could do much better!”

Forty-Niner Cafe at the Furnace Creek Ranch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Could do much better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

After a long day exporing DV and before we retired for the evening it was dinner time and with what looked like very little 'good' choices we settled for the 49er restaurant for ease.

The wait for larger groups was long - however, as there was just 2 of us we were seated within 5 minutes of arriving.

Service was a liitle fraught and felt quite unfriendly as they were so busy and the food wasn't much better.

I had caesar salad which arrived about 10 minutes before my partners meal of fish & chips. The salad lacked croutons, as descibed on the menu - however, as the cafe was so busy we did not feel we could speak to the server about this as they seemed stressed as it was.

Portions were a good size and tasted OK - nothing better, I'm sorry to say

• Visited April 2014

Lake Forest, California
“Short stack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The short stack of pancakes is huge. I was only able to get half of my consumed before I ran out of room. Great taste.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Michelle G
Clemson, South Carolina
“Great place after a long day,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've eaten in many National Park restaurants where I usually don't expect good food, but do expect high prices. I was pleasantly surprised at the food and service. The food was good, we had the steak and salad. The service was great and timely. Traditionally, volunteer service is used and is poor, but all of the service staff was working hard and efficient.

Visited January 2014
Death Valley National Park, California
“Great food and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Because of my Type II diabetes, I have special dietary needs. I found the staff here very accommodating. And I really loved their garlic spinach. It was also great to get good salmon in the middle of Death Valley.

This restaurant is at Furnace Creek Ranch, which is really not very close to Death Valley Junction. There is a good basic cafe type restaurant at Death Valley Junction - but only one, and no gas.

• Visited January 2014
on the road
“good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

great breakfast- prices for food not to bad .. coffee a tad over priced.
We were able to split one breakfast as the portion size is large.

Visited April 2014