“Taking a Break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Jersey
“Taking a Break”
Reviewed 15 November 2007

After reading some of reviews for this resort I thought it would be horrible. To my surpise to was very nice. I came prepared to pick this place apart packed with my Lysol, bug spray, air freshners and a clean set of sheets. Happy to say that I only had to use the Lysol and that because I disinfect everything. The biggest complaint that I could think of was that the shower had low water pressure and the pool is closed- big deal. I'm sitting here now -still in my villa- looking at a beautiful view planning my next trip here. Next time it will be in the summer! It is getting COLD!
Don't let the reviews fool you this is a beautiful place!

• Liked — The space, the view, the quiet
  • Disliked — The hard water- but hey that's what you get in the mountains
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ExhalingItAll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Nebraska
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We just got back from a week at Villas At Tree Tops and Fairway...I was also very concerned after reading some of the reviews, but found the place quite pleasant. It isn't luxury, but it's nice. It isn't pristine, but was as clean as most hotel rooms you have encountered, and I'm fairly particular. When we got there, I did a quick clean up of tubs, sinks and toilets with a cleaner...just to make sure I wasn't getting someone elses germs. We stayed in one of the newer (still at least 15 yrs old) units. I did encounter an occasional bug that would fly in when I opened the door, or a tiny spider in the bathroom...but certainly not a problem. The units could use a little updating as far as style, but it certainly was not something the average person couldn't deal with.
We did not have our children with us, so didn't participate in many of the activities the resort had, but it looked to me they had several that kids would enjoy. The resort had bus tours scheduled for New York City and Philiadelphia. We took the bus tour to New York City and I highly recommend it...well worth it to not have to worry about driving there yourself!
The golf course was beautiful, most of the amenities were well kept. Again, it's not super luxury, but overall it's pretty nice.

• Liked — Lots of space
  • Disliked — No strong dislikes
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tlj050
Effort, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 October 2007

Our Group: 3 Adults, 1 Child (11 yrs.)

We booked through our timeshare, unfortunatly it seems every resort in the Poconos is about the same. Going by all of the reviews they could all use some updating. We choose the Fairway Villas, the pictures looked nice, however the reviews were iffy. When we got there we were thankful that it wasn't as bad as some people made it sound. The place was clean, the kitchen had all the essentials, full washer and dryer. The layout is cute. When you walk in there is a powder room to the side, you can then go up apprx. 6 steps or down. Going up brings you to the living room, dining room, kitchen. Living room was small but cute with a fireplace, dining room was roomy and so was the kitchen. From this level you than can go up to the 2nd floor were there is a bedroom with its own bath. They say it is a queen size bed, but it seemed like a full. The bathroom was clean and a standard size. If you went down stairs instead of up you come to a Master bedroom suite with sitting area and T.V. and the bathroom has a world pool tub. There is also a balcony off of this bedroom as well as off of the living room. The community has some activities for the kids and family, but nothing real exciting. We really only went to relax so we didn't go out of our way to look for activities. You need to drive everywhere, however they do have a shuttle. We never used the shuttle so I can't really comment any further on it. They had a couple of pools, the nicest one is at the Fernwood hotel. We didn't use any of them so I can't really comment on that either. There are 3 restaurants at the Fernwood hotel. The Pub which had the most variety to choose from and the food was good, the diner which was good for breakfast and a more expensive fancier restaurant, which I can not remember the name of. I personally thought the food was good and had no problems. prices were average. The staff was friendly and helpful. The first day there we got in at night, the bulb for the outside light to our room was out, but I called the next day and maintance was there in 10 min. to replace it. They also had a sofa bed in the living room, which was actually pretty comfortable and also one in the Master bedroom (we didn't use that one)

Now for the bad: The place really does need updating. THe carpet, though vacuumed, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 10 years. If you have a toddler that crawls on the floor, I would NOT stay here. The coach was worn with a few tears, the vinyl floors in the kitchen and master bath need to be replaced. However the bathroom upstairs had nice tile floors. The decks looked like they could use an overhaul too. They should also get a T.V. for the 2nd floor bedroom.

So, this place is O.K. It's not a fancy resort, but it's not a dive either.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank imvicky1999
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 29 August 2007

We stayed here 15 yrs ago and it was great. But upon our return, we found that there were no improvements to the property and it had gone down hill. Bathroom was not clean, floor and bathtub had hair in it , we had to call to get a new vacuum cleaner, new coffee maker and a few other problems. The rest of the villa was okay..just the bathrooom was pretty bad at first. Pools were overcrowded, not enough chairs, towel bins were falling apart but the worst part of all was the whirlpool at the main building was dirty!! I mean you saw dirt on the side of the walls and in the bubbles. Once we saw that were out and never getting back in that whirlpool again. Water was dirty too. We couldn't get in the door to jump in the shower. That's just nasty. The only good thing I can say is the staff was very nice. The place needs to be renovated and updated. We are timeshare owners with RCI and this was an insult to be considered for timeshare exchange. I stay at all kinds of places for personal and business reasons but this one will never see us again. In fact I am writing this review while still at the resort. I am ending my vacation early b/c we are so dissappointed.

Philadelphia, PA

• Liked — The staff were professional and nice
  • Disliked — The pool and the cleanliness of the room
4 Thank deegray

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Connecticut
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Ok people I am here as I speak at TreeTops Villas....I was one of the people who read all the reviews before coming and must say was very nervous....The bottem line is if the people who visited the Villas just cared alittle it could remain a nice plce to stay....
Im not going to say what unit Im in because I dont want everyone choosing this one....From the other reviewers I must say they were right on one thing...The carpet is worn, the couches are alittle beat but doable, the overall look and cleanliness of the unit was great.....My wife I must say cleaned everything before we used it....The jacuzzi needed to be cleaned just for a general cleaning because thats where Im planning on being...We took a blanket, covered the bed and just used a sheet to cover us because of the bed bug scare from other reviewers...I havent been bit so thats not true....oh just to let people know the fire alarms are very sensitive so be careful with cooking and smoking....
There are plenty of activitys so just plan your day and have fun...We are....
The bottom line is simple...If your the type that lives rich and looks for perfection then this is NOT your place...This place is for the everyday person...There are brand new sections for the upper class that ive been told are nice....People will get in there and mess that up in time so whats the difference....Anyway, enjoy your stay and make the best of it....Its beautiful scenery and the people are friendly....

• Liked — clean and for the most part comfie.........
  • Disliked — the beds are hard and the carpet
4 Thank jonnie_7
Bronx
Reviewed 19 August 2007

I stayed at the Tree Tops through an exchange with my timeshare and I was very disappointed. Although the staff was friendly, our rooms were not ready at check in time. The villas in the "newer model" look very dated and run down. The furniture is old and dingy looking and the beds in the bedrooms are very uncomfortable. The space has great potential, however upgrades are definitely necessary. Most resorts have a central area that houses faciities but there isn't one within walking distance at Tree Tops. You have to drive to the check in facility where there are amenities. Very inconvenient. Timeshare units are supposed to be a home away from home and I found myself just wanting to go home. I will not stay at this resort again.

• Liked — Close to NYC
  • Disliked — Accommodations need major upgrade
2 Thank Misuarez
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 25 July 2007

We stayed in the Villas at Fairway. The accomodations were clean yet rundown - wornout carpet, you had to put a shoulder into the front door to open it, Screen door not attached.

The gym at the indoor pool nearest us is a joke. There's (i think) four machines and that's it. The gym at the hotel is big and has plenty of equipment. All the benches had the vinyl peeling off. Towels weren't provided until we had been there about a half hour. There's no water fountain and the pop machine there was out of order.

The pool by the hotel smelled terrible.

And we had extraordinarily bad service at Mama Bella's. My mother ordered coffee. We waited ten minutes for it and then another ten minutes for the guy to bring the cream. Our food took nearly an hour to get to our table. (It's pasta!!! Noodles take what 12 minutes at the most?) When our food did arrive the waiter spilled sauce on my nephew and my sister. We talked to the manager and she said she'd take half off our bill. She actually only took $24 off a $77 bill. Maybe math's different in the poconos.

The miniature golf course needs to be cleaned.

All the flower beds in the villa courtyards are filled with weeds.

Look elsewhere

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Thundershark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,001 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!