“Great getaway family weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
New York City, New York
“Great getaway family weekend!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was a great value and I highly recommend it, I know we will definitely stay there again when we are in that area.
First impression was quite a surprise.
My family and I had a terrific time there.
The villa was enormously comfortable.
Everything we needed it was there, and it was super clean.
We were a party of 12 and we accommodate very easily.
The villa had:
1 king size bed, 3 queens size bed, 2 twin beds and a sofa bed
2 fireplaces, huge living room and 2 dinner tables.
Incredible spacious! Really nice villa design layout!
I would like to thank Diana Caruso who made our reservation and made sure we had a great time!
We will be back pretty soon!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank CarolinaCardona
Lherman2012, Customer Service Manager at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our 3 and 4 bedroom villas can sleep up to 10-12 people, which is great for large families or friends to come together for a vacation.

With our activities and amenities at the resort, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Our location is also a great asset, as we are close to fine dining and great local activities.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 January 2012

First let me start off by saying that we bought this timeshare on ebay for $64 last year. That being said we didn't expect too much. Last year we switched condos three times when checking in before being satisfied with the unit: found a dead bug in the bed of the first, horrrible cigarette smell in the next one, the third one was ok. I am terrified of bedbugs and will literally rip a room apart before moving my things inside. This year the first unit we got was very clean, so they must be paying better attention to details. The units are dated and only the "master" bedroom has a tv. ( The living room does too) The other bedroom and loft area do not. There is also no free wifi. The resort has several indoor pools, one with a game room (which was closed at 8:15 earlier than the stated time of 9pm). We just simply drove to another indoor pool further in the development but were disappointed because the kids wanted to play ping pong. Since it was a holiday weekend (MLK), the price of snowtubing on their hill was tripled. We didn't eat in any of the restaurants on site. The kids enjoyed the crafts at the Activities Center and the staff there was really nice. They recommended a day trip to Stroudsburg to an Irish Pib called Saimess ( I think that's how you spell it) it's on the corner of Main St. The food there was really good and then we went to Kitchen Chemistry right down the street which is a gourmet cupcake bakery. Near Tree Tops, we had lunch at Pub570 down the road which was good, but freezing inside, turn up the heat!!!! If you don't expect the Ritz this is an Ok place to stay. I would just check out the unit before you bring your stuff inside.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RoomServiceMe
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed 14 January 2012

First let me preface by saying this was a family member's timeshare. We were invited to stay for a night. Thank goodness it was only one night.
We were there 12/25/11 overnight. I know next to nothing about construction and even I could tell these are very cheaply constructed units. We took a drive thru the property and saw wood rotting on some of the little balconies on units that weren't too far from where we stayed. I expected a resort in the Poconos to be a little more plush than what we found but I guess we expected too much.
Very dated deco in the unit-the wallpaper in the bathrooms really need to be replaced. Two of the cabinets in the kitchen had doors that were not fitted properly and crooked-it was very obvious when we walked in.
The temp control in the place was pure awful. We were in a 2 bedroom with a 2 bed loft-3 floors........all in one zone. So it ends up being hot as blazes in the loft and freezing cold in the bedrooms on the ground level. Hate to break it to the owners as stated in a previous review, this is not a maintenance issue, it's a building issue!
The mattresses on the beds are really, really, really bad. It had a sag in the middle so bad my husband and I barely slept. It was awful. Also, I think the bedding is at least 20 yrs old and the lowest thread count known to man. Tired out, old and scratchy.
The couch in the main living area was not comfortable at all, it hardly had any arms, very strange! Fake fireplace in the middle of the wall with the tv off to the right. Not a good set up in my opinion.
The one positive thing I can say is that it was clean.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank lantz4

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here the past weekend. It was a present for my birthday so I didn't pick it. I was really worried when I read previous reviews but I figured I wouldn't judge it til I got there. The front fesk was very friendly and helpful. We had asked for a newly remodeled room. When I walked in first thought was this place hasn't been touched since the 80s. I inspected everything. It seemed clean. The remote had no batteries, I called maintenance and they gave us some. It was fine. Wasn't great, but we were there to ski. It is close to Shawnee mountain and the have snow tubing right next door. My suggestion to the owners is get new comforters and drapes, replace the furniture cause they have lost all shape and replace the carpets . That should be done immediately. Then they should go in and clean up the paint and strip the wallpaper in the bathroom as well as replace old fixtures. It needs a total remodel but if you don't really care about the room you're fine. They have alot of things to do on the compound and it's a good location.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank NoVacation
New York
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Don’t Stay at Tree Top…Big disappointment

We stayed at a 2Br, with 2 bed loft condo at Villas at Tree Tops for 7 nights from December 26, 2011 - January 2, 2012. We booked this as an exchange through RCI. This was our first time with RCI since we bought with them in 2010. We were given Tree Top villa # 1707. The unit was big enough for us 4 adults and 1 child. The unit definitely showed its age and needs to be updated, but the living/kitchen area was not bad. That was the only good thing about the villa.
We arrived on Monday unpacked and went driving around. Later that night, I notice that there was mold in the master bathroom shower. I called to inform the resort and was told to call housekeeping and I left a message informing them – did not hear a response. I went out and brought Clorox with bleach and mold cleaner and treated the area. Now for the rest of the week

On Tuesday morning when we woke up to make breakfast, we found only 1 pot available. I called housekeeping for pots and the lady laughed and thought that I was joking or lying. I told her that we only had 1 pot and if she could please send the items needed for us to use for the week, after she laughed again, she said would and she did. After breakfast we tried to wash the dishes and the sink was stopped up. Again I called housekeeping and explained that the sink was stopped up. I was told to reset the switch on the food disposal unit. I did but it did not work. I was told someone from maintenance would come by and check the disposal unit. We went out, and upon return, someone from maintenance did come by and replaced the food disposal unit. He also left us a note instructing us “DO NOT PUT CHICKEN BONES or forks inside the disposal unit.” I was taken back since this with was my second day and we ate out so I had no idea why he would leave this message for us.

Wednesday morning and we had to call again. The unit was so cold the night before, my husband called to find out about the heating system. He was told “to close the upstairs vents, to allow more heat to go downstairs to the two bedrooms.” We also asked for extra blankets as it was cold the night before and was told by housekeeping that “no blankets are available.” We did try to close the unit off and it did not work.

Thursday morning at 1:45am, all of the fire alarms in the unit went off. We thought that we had a fire in the unit or one of the units abound us was on fire. Those who were downstairs did not smell any smoke, but thought something had happened in the kitchen; we did not see any flames or smell anything but we did leave the unit and upon return called public safety. We were told that someone would come and check our unit, they never showed up. No one ever came to check to see what the matter was and we called again, with no response.

This unit was a dump. I felt that all I did was call housekeeping every day. This is not my first time staying at any resort in the Poconos, I also own with Interval International and have never had this problem before. Housekeeping was helpful in resolving the issues we had, but I would like to know why they don’t check the units thoroughly before let guest check in? If this was done, I’m sure that I would not have had all these problems.

We did have a good time with tubing, shopping and using some of the activities that were offered.

I will not stay at this resort again. Also, I did ask for another unit, but was told that there were no available units. As I owner at Tree Top, I would like to know where my maintenance fee is going each year, not on repairs or upgrades to units.

I will be sending a copy of this review to both RCI and The Tree Top Villa Resort Management.

Room Tip: Check rooms before unpacking or you may be disappointed
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank weekendshopper15
passaic
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We went on a family vacation to treetops and were ramrodded into buying a timeshare. We have to pay every year for the time share plus an additional charge if we want to use it at any other place besides Treetops. We didn't want to pay the additional charge so we went to Treetops at the end of August. We were given a dirty room with mould and ripped sheets. This was not the same room we had stayed in orginally when we had been 'convinced' to buy the time share. I would never go back to Treetops again. This is the worst, dirtiest most disgusting place I ever went to. Don't go.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank leah K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Good times, great memories, good for families and friendly gatherings. If your nitpicky this isn't the place for you. But no timeshare is perfect but tree tops comes close to giving you a relaxing outdoor experience. Its nice to get away from the city to be in a big villa and alot of fresh air.

Room Tip: It depends on if you wanna drive closer to the entrance will leave you closer to the arcade, snow tu...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Goinplaces11
Fernwood1, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation at our resort. As you stated Fernwood Hotel and Resort offers many different activities for everyone to enjoy. Also, the Villas are a great place to sit back and relax and.

Fernwood Hotel and Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway offer a great many vacation opportunities for every one in any season.

We hope that you will take the time to come visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!