“Fun time with family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Brooklyn, New York
“Fun time with family”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our 6 day stay at the villas on fairway. With so much traveling to do this summer, and some extra time share points, we decided on an RCI exchange to the poconos because it was close to where we live and it wouldn't break the bank. I decided on this resort because of the 4 bedroom option, so we invited our best friends along and in total we were 4 adults and 4 kids ages ranging 1.5 - 6 years old. With so many negative reviews, I was really bracing for the worst, but we were so impressed with our villa that I would definitely return for an easy getaway. Maybe we just got lucky but we didn't experience any of the negative issues others have. Before we left, I called with some questions and the customer service rep was so helpful, answered my questions and even emailed me a floor plan of the villa. We did have a little trouble navigating to the resort because the GPS address on the website directed us to a state park building about a mile away, but once we found it's location, check in was a breeze and off we went.
The property is immense and since our villas were on the opposite end of their property, it did take some time to drive to it. I was told that the 4 bedroom villas are the newest on the resort and pulling up to it, you can tell the construction is more current than other villas...the villa itself was clean, extremely spacious (2 master suites, 3.5 baths, 2 saunas?!...) well stocked, and nicely furnished....of course a picky person can find something wrong with anything, but I wasn't expecting the four seasons...this is the poconos after all...the minor issues we did have (burned bulb, broken toilet paper holder, needed more garbage bags, etc.) was resolved within the 2 hours we were at the pool. I thought the resort property was well manicured ( almost always ran into maintenance crews moving lawns, trimming landscaping, picking up trash left outside villas, etc). We didn't take advantage of all the amenities and activities, but the kids loved the extreme bounce zone (the lady that runs it is super sweet), the game zone was great for our rainy afternoon, and the pools by fairway and the main pool (I did find the main pool to be a little too littered with critters for my taste).
As for the area, there isn't a whole lot going on( camel beach and the outlets are pretty close) and better restaurants are a good 20min away...with kids, friendly's and Perkins were the most convenient..we did go to the big a grille but for the prices, the food was just ok...fortunately, there was a large foodtown a couple of miles away and we stocked up on some groceries to save the local dining establishments too many trips from our crazy clan...
All in all, we had a great time with good company...i can't speak about how the other villas are, but we were pleased.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank PShui1378
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I am always thrilled to hear positive feedback from our guests. I was glad to hear that our Four Bedroom accommodations suited your needs. As you mentioned, they are our newest and largest accommodations on the property. I was very proud to hear that our customer service, maintenance, grounds, and recreation staff were helpful and accommodating. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway aim to provide each guest with excellent customer service and attention to detail. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities on the resort and explored a bit of the Pocono Mountains as well. We hope to see you again soon to make your next vacation as enjoyable as the last!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2013

read a lot of bad reviews but gave it the benenfit of the doubt. Most of the bad reviews were true to point. We did not get one of the Fairway units that looked at least nicer on the outside. But that should be besides the point - whatever you get should be NICE. We were not walking distance to anything, the steps and trim outside need paint, the entrance doors are terrible - need replaced. The furniture was outdated. I do believe housekeeping does the very best with what they are given. Carpet was OK in two of our units but the third was disgusting. Baby's feet were black just crawling on it. Bottom unit was musty - had an old green Jacuzzi tub that there was NO way I would let my grandkids in. I am usually not that harsh compared to others - our refrigerator didn't work right, hot water was lukewarm, tv remote didn't work and I really didn't care - these things are easily worked around. HATE the layout of all the steps - what a drag with little kids and babies. The Valley Station pool was nice but was closed on our last day (was dirty they said and it looked it) - the bathrooms there were ok. The bathrooms at the Tree Tops pool were horrible - gross.
There was one maintenance guy who was very friendly and helpful. BUT, the reservations lady was a huge turnoff - arrogant.
Our family had suffered a terrible tragedy right before we left - funeral of a young niece - so we were 3 days late on arriving. Tried to get days added on at the end. Two of the units we could but the third we could not. They would have to move in with us for the night (which was ok we had room) then they could get a unit but had to pay for a 2 night minimum. They could only stay one more day at that point because of our late start. Instead of accommodating that and taking our money they would rather stick to demanding a 2 night minimum so we ALL left. If they would've just thought about it they stood to make an extra $600 off our stay but got nothing :). I was happy to leave as I did not want to spend one more dime here

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jhmlgn
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I would like to thank you very much for giving our resort a review. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway realize that feedback helps us to improve. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you had during your stay with us. In your review you had mentioned not being able to walk to any of our amenities. I have looked up your reservation and it looks as though you were right near our tennis and basketball facilities. We understand that our 440-acre acre property is rather large and unfortunately no everything is within walking distance. To solve this problem we have provided our guests with a shuttle bus. This service is free of charge and will transport our guests anywhere on the property. I was glad to hear that our maintenance staff is living up to our excellent customer service expectations. I hope that they were able to rectify the troubles that you had with your villa. I would like to apologize again for any difficulties you experienced.

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Below you will find the letter I left for the management of the resort, it was totally disgusting, I was never so glad to get home to my own bed and bare feet on the floor.

COMPLAINTS
• Bath towels –
o the first towel I picked up was a hand towel primped for display, this towel was so dirty gray that it looked like a shop towel, many of the other towels had very dark and large black streaks through them
o Even with a complete change of towels we are still finding towels with black streaks through them
• Master Bathroom
o Floors very dirty
o Spiders under vanity
o Shower was dirty as was the floor next to the whirlpool tub
o There are no towel bars in either washroom so after every use there is nowhere to hang the towels to dry
o No shampoo or conditioner, not a necessity but rarely to you go to even a timeshare resort anymore and not get complimentary basic necessities
o The carpet in the master bedroom was disgusting- there was food ground into it, I honestly do not believe it had been vacuumed in weeks, when we had housekeeping come in the poor girl was actually scraping the dirt and dust up with her hands before she got the vacuum, this is where the dirty towels finally become useful as I now use them as a carpet so I can walk in the master bedroom and bathroom without shoes on
o There was some sort of a patch in the closet covering a whole in the wall in the closet and it had fallen off, we are still waiting for maintenance to show up to repair it, by the way we leave tomorrow.
o There was also food stuck to the wall in the closet?????????????
o The bedding is substandard at best, the bedspread, circa Super 8, has holes in it including but not limited to cigarette burns
o There is one very sad white cotton sheet on the bed and an ill-fitting fitted sheet, yep that’s it. No blankets, there was one in the closet of the second bedroom and eventually I did find one in the loft so I did not have to wear my house coat and slippers to bed anymore.
o The front of the vanity had well I’m not sure I thought it was toothpaste but the wipe had more brown on it than white after I wiped it down
• Kitchen
o Well let’s see, there are four pots and four lids but the lids don’t fit the pots
o When doing the inventory we found cutlery missing
o We had 3 ashtrays out of 4, by the way it is a non-smoking unit
o Our salad bowl was cracked but that’s okay because they replaced it with one with a bigger crack
o Our carving knife has ripples in it resembling speed bumped.
o Our vegetable peeler and can opener were both rusted, they were replaced with new ones, thank you
o There is still food stuck to the ceiling
o There is obvious damage to the cabinets from water as they are badly peeling beside the fridge really made evident when housekeeping cleaned between the cabinet and the fridge.
o There is still something red on the side of the fridge, I’m not touching it but I couldn’t stand the brown stuff on the front any longer.

I will say the one good thing was horseback riding, it wasn't a long trail but the horses were nice horses and the people pleasant.

Now all of these complaints we had been told were going to be recorded, it wasn't until the day before check out that we found out they hadn't been and the front desk clerk had the manager call and he was very apologetic but that doesn't fix the unit. We were told that we were in a VIP unit to which I question the meaning of the acronym.
If your have your cellular service with T-Mobile don't expect to use it as there is no service at all, as for internet it is $9.99 for 24 hours with AT&T so we just waited until we went to a restaurant and connected to their free WiFi.

Just a quick note to anyone already committed to going there, check the unit over completely before you unpack all of your gear that way a change in units won't be a big deal.

Room Tip: Check to make sure it is clean and everything works before you commit to that unit.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank ldhammer
New York
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have actually been here twice before, but it was a couple's weekend in the winter and didn't venture out except to hit the flea market and a store run.

My husband is not a huge Poconos fan at all and when he found out we were going for Father's Day Weekend..he was not please. He feels it's for lovers, not families and it's so boring because there is nothing for us to do. I think this trip changed his mind as he said he would return with his guy friends to play golf.

This time - We arrived on a Saturday and I was pleased the reservation specialist actually noted the account that my son had very bad allergies. No hassles, no returning to the front desk over and over like I have read in other reviews. We had a room near hole #10 on the golf course in Tree Tops. It was renovated and enough room for our family to spread out or be together with no issues. We were also close to the basketball courts and pool which made it easy to walk to & enjoy these amenities. My husband enjoyed the golf course on Father's Day with our boys. I was able to cook breakfast and dinner with enough in-house supplies to make it easy. I can't complain beyond wishing there were more daily activities. We did enjoy the arcade SEVERAL times... my husband thinks he's the air hockey king! The deck could be larger and the wood walkways could use a bit of paint, but the walkways to the villas are more of an eye sore than anything. They work and no splinters!

We didn't have any idea what time the shuttle came around or stopped running so we did have to drive to the amenities that were not in walking distance (i.e. golf, arcade, restaurants). This

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated villa. Villas are old and for us, when we go away from home for a weekend the a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Soulful403
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Reading this put a huge smile on my face. It always makes me happy to know when our ultimate goal of a family fun vacation has been achieved. I agree with Dad that our golf course is top notch. It sounds like you have explored our property and have taken advantage of many of the amenities on the resort. In the review you mentioned how satisfied you were with our reservations department and front desk staff. We always aim to please our guests and it is the focus on guest service and attention to detail that sets us apart from other resorts. I sincerely hope that you chose to return to the resort in the future to have another enjoyable vacation!
Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My dad and I (57 and 20) wanted to get away for a few days so we chose a studio villa with the bush kill falls package so we could go hiking the next day. Check in was easy but the place wast easy to find because they were renovating the hotel and it didn't look like a running business (but thankfully Google maps told me otherwise.) Once we got to the villa it was awesome and had a nice spacious closet, porch, Jacuzzi and shower with a view of the forest. I slept on the couch and that was definitely more comfortable than the bed. The fridge was a mini fridge and the air conditioner was noisy, but those were our only complaints. We also had to call maintenance because almost all of our light bulbs were burnt out, but they came quickly and got the job done fast, and so did house cleaning with the towels we called the front desk for. They had fun activities like tye-dye and duct tape roses but we didn't have time to partake in them unfortunately. I would recommend a studio room for someone who is looking to stay a couple nights and has 2-3 people, but not to vacation long term in.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jennilavita
I am so glad to read that our accommodations suited your needs for your vacation! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the light bulbs however, I was happy to hear that our maintenance department was able to fix your light bulbs in a quick and efficient manner. You have mentioned that our resort offers different activities and amenities and you are absolutely right! We hope that you chose to return to take part in some of the fun that we offer on property.

Thank you so much for giving our resort a review!
Indiana
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We just spent a week at this resort. We had a studio condo that was fine for the two of us. It was clean and well appointed. The pools were wonderful!

We enjoyed the information that was provided for all of the activities and places to visit. I wish there was more information about the PEEC...it is a wonderful place to hike and enjoy the countryside. We went to Child's park, Bushkill Falls and to Stroudsburg. Lots to enjoy.

We'd come back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank hill6680
Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We exchanged our time share in Maine in order to stay at this large resort in the Poconos. We checked in on a Friday for a week. We had a 3 story attached unit which was very nice and equipped with everything that we needed. The master bedroom and bath were in the basement, but they were large with a large closet and ample space for all of our belongings. We had a wonderful view as our until overlooked the woods and there was a babbling brook below. We didn't use any of the facilities or participate in any of the activities. The unit needs some maintenance with regard to upkeep. It was very clean, but it could use painting. The mattress was not comfortable and the pillows were ridiculous. The linens need replacing and the extra blankets do, too. We explored the entire area finding places to eat that were reasonable priced, but we had to drive a fair distance for them. All in all, it was a good place for R&R especially because, during the week, it was very quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hellie69
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
I appreciate your review of our resort! I was glad to hear that you got some rest and relaxation while you were here. I hope it left you feeling rejuvenated. I was also happy to read that our accommodations suited your needs. As you mentioned they are situated on our 18-hole golf course, over looking streams, wooded areas, or a pond. These views allow for an great escape from the normal hustle and bustle of the city. We hope to see you again for your next getaway!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!