“It is what it is...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Sachse, Texas, United States
“It is what it is...”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Worn carpet and dated units are one thing but the guests that frequent this resort are the real problem. We had just arrived at our unit and walked out onto the second floor balcony to take in the view when we were startled by two strange men on the first floor patio of our condo smoking dope. I am glad we didn't open the sliding door down stairs as we would have come face to face with them. They ran around to the side of the building and started hacking away at their pipe again in plain view of us. That night/early next morning at 2:00am the party outside got so loud my niece had to go outside and ask for some peace and quiet. A large group of adults were setting off fireworks from midnight until 3am. They ignored her and went back to their fireworks as soon as she shut the door. The parking lot was littered with beer cans when we got up the next morning. I am guessing they appeal to the rough crowd from Philly and this keeps them in business. We won't be back but if this is the worst RCI can do I am pleased with my swap. They have many other great properties and we stayed with them in the Smoky Mountains the week before and it was great.

2 Thank Dan N
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I would like to begin by stating how sorry I am for your stay being sub par. I wish that you had notified an employee at the resort about the noise violation and blatant disrespect for our rules. Our public safety department would have addressed the issues immediately. They are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We take pride in being a family resort and I am appalled to hear how a few of our guests were behaving. I assure you that these are not our normal standards.

I apologize again and thank you for reviewing our resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
.Nyc
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

The decor is quite rustic, however, improvements could be made, especially to the outside staircase leading to the villas. Garbage when removed from the villas is left outside in the open where animals get to the thrash. There should be containers to place the trash in. The lobby of the main building needs å restaurant. Despite all this the resort is pleasurable to stay at. Some night activities exist ånd the staff dø their best to accomodate their guests.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Tnt-people
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review of our resort. I was glad to read that you noticed how hard our staff works to accommodate each guest. We strive to achieve excellent guest service, so when I hear that we have accomplished our goal it makes me proud. I would like to inform you that there is a restaurant located in the main lobby. It is called “Bleachers Sports Bar and Grill.” In regards to the trash removal system, guests are encouraged to put their trash on the curb in the morning hours and then our Grounds Crew comes to pick up the trash in the afternoon from each villa. We hope to see you in the future.
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was the worst timeshare exchange we have ever had. It was dirty with worn carpeting . The units are not for senior citizens or the handicap because of the many stairs. The outside of the building was in need of attention also.. We stayed at Tree Tops , cannot speak for Fairway.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Timesharelongtimer
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I would like to apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway does offer handicapped accessible accommodations.

Our handicapped accessible is equipped with:

Outside ramp from parking to villa
Villa can sleep up to 4 with a queen size bed and a pull out sofa
The villa offers a kitchenette with sink, electric stovetop, mini refrigerator and a microwave, which is above the stove and is not wheelchair accessible.
Bathroom is equipped with a handicapped accessible sink and a toilet with grab bars
The shower is equipped with shower bench seat and grab bars
This villa is being used in conjunction with a one- bedroom villa as a lock out. The one bedroom villa sleeps 4 and does not have a handicap or wheelchair accessibility

We also offer minimal step access to enter the villas. Whenever a request is received for a handicapped villa we try our absolute best to accommodate each guest. We do not take this lightly and we realize how important it is to have these lodging options on our property so that we can provide a relaxing and enjoyable vacation to everyone

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My partner has been an owner of this resort for five years and it's safe to assume that it was a pleasant surprise back then. However, Tree Tops needs to update the villas for the older owners. They've built a new section with updated houses to attract new buyers but the older owners are getting the s***** end of the stick it seems.

The televisions are old as heck, the dishwashers leak at times, the couches are stained and the staff doesn't do a good job at "cleaning" (owners have to pay $40 for cleaning before checking in).

Two weeks ago, we came here to take advantage of the pool. Now, as an owner, this is a luxury and a huge step up from public pools and beaches. While there were plenty of pools in the resort to accomodate the owners. the type of people, who are now owners, doesn't make the older owners feel ...special. On our visit, there was a family of 20 visiting the pool. They brought beer, pets and food - I'm surprised they didn't bring a damn grill and DJ equipment. As an owner, when you leave your neighborhood for a quick getaway, you don't expect to run into the same element in which you fled from as a child (speaking of a person who grew up in a very poor area).

This suggests that Tree Tops have either: lowered their prices and standards just to make a sale or put out a promotion that lasted entirely too damn long.

My view on this place has definitely changed. It's not all that bad but not that good - for my taste anyway but to each its own.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at the resort. I wish that you had called the front desk to rectify any inconveniences. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway are continuously improving the villas as will as different areas of the resort. This improvement program does include providing each of our accommodations with flat screen televisions. In regards to the partial week fee that you referred to, that is a fee that was acquired by booking through the RCI Points Program. They are a separate company and that charge is due to booking less than 7 nights.

Our resort is a family oriented establishment. We proudly accommodate a very diverse range of guests and make no effort to focus on any one particular group, culture or ethnicity. I apologize again and hope that your next stay is more relaxing.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2013

i love it here, don't get me wrong......... but Fairways needs to do an over haul/ make over/ update. Its a great get away from home and i'm not complaining but i can see why some people would complain. I've stayed in cheaper hotels that are swankier. Fairways need new TVs (even tho your not there for TV its just nice to be able to watch something on a decent TV if needed), need to check rooms for working lights (porch light was out, lights in 2 of the rooms weren't working), doors (master bedroom didn't lock), make sure everything is stocked, make sure everything isn't broken , etc and maybe light some tiki things to keep all those flying creatures from coming around the entrance of property and inside the house. never really cared but the furniture is outdated. Usually we stay in the 4 bedrooms but they were all booked so we stayed in the 3 bedrooms. Master suite Jacuzzi was LOUD and the placement of the TV was dumb, you'd have to lay at the end of the bed horizontally to see the TV. TV was at the side of the bed as opposed to the front of the bed. I only stayed for the weekend this time, my family stayed for the whole week. Suggestion for fairways, hire a new decorator/ designer and before each guest checks in, check the rooms.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom & 4 bedrooms are better than the 2 bedrooms. anything is better than the 1 bedrooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to return to The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway! I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I have notified our maintenance department in regards to the issues with the villa. They have assured me that everything would be taken care of. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced on your stay. Thank you for giving our resort a review and we hope to see you again!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Sofa pull out bed was broken so guest had to sleep on floor
Stain on the toilet second floor ( unit 1235 B0
Carpet was dirty
Jet tub was nice
Kitchen was nice had everything you need
Pools were not as clean as I like
Property was nice in the outside grounds
Nice location
People were loud ( Other guests screaming and making excessive noise)

I exchange my Hilton Points I dont think is worth it. However better than loosing them I guess one can settle for this. Dont really know how to say this. I try to make the best of any situation and enjoyed the Poconos but from being used to Hiltong Propert and guests it was a bit bothersome for me. If you have a budget and are used to average places then this would be a nice value I guess, location is nice and is not too bad.

Room Tip: Stay at the Fairway, I took my kids to that pool and even people seem more decent there.
1 Thank ghernandez1
Thank you very much for writing a review of our resort. In your review you mentioned a couple housekeeping issues. I would like to assure you that I have spoken with the housekeeping department. I would like to apologize on their behalf and advise you that these inconveniences have been addressed.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed your whirlpool tub and kitchen in your accommodations. The kitchen is very useful especially when traveling with a family. I have also passed on your compliment to our Grounds crew. They take pride in keeping the 440 acre property well manicured. Thank you again for giving our resort a review.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our 6 day stay at the villas on fairway. With so much traveling to do this summer, and some extra time share points, we decided on an RCI exchange to the poconos because it was close to where we live and it wouldn't break the bank. I decided on this resort because of the 4 bedroom option, so we invited our best friends along and in total we were 4 adults and 4 kids ages ranging 1.5 - 6 years old. With so many negative reviews, I was really bracing for the worst, but we were so impressed with our villa that I would definitely return for an easy getaway. Maybe we just got lucky but we didn't experience any of the negative issues others have. Before we left, I called with some questions and the customer service rep was so helpful, answered my questions and even emailed me a floor plan of the villa. We did have a little trouble navigating to the resort because the GPS address on the website directed us to a state park building about a mile away, but once we found it's location, check in was a breeze and off we went.
The property is immense and since our villas were on the opposite end of their property, it did take some time to drive to it. I was told that the 4 bedroom villas are the newest on the resort and pulling up to it, you can tell the construction is more current than other villas...the villa itself was clean, extremely spacious (2 master suites, 3.5 baths, 2 saunas?!...) well stocked, and nicely furnished....of course a picky person can find something wrong with anything, but I wasn't expecting the four seasons...this is the poconos after all...the minor issues we did have (burned bulb, broken toilet paper holder, needed more garbage bags, etc.) was resolved within the 2 hours we were at the pool. I thought the resort property was well manicured ( almost always ran into maintenance crews moving lawns, trimming landscaping, picking up trash left outside villas, etc). We didn't take advantage of all the amenities and activities, but the kids loved the extreme bounce zone (the lady that runs it is super sweet), the game zone was great for our rainy afternoon, and the pools by fairway and the main pool (I did find the main pool to be a little too littered with critters for my taste).
As for the area, there isn't a whole lot going on( camel beach and the outlets are pretty close) and better restaurants are a good 20min away...with kids, friendly's and Perkins were the most convenient..we did go to the big a grille but for the prices, the food was just ok...fortunately, there was a large foodtown a couple of miles away and we stocked up on some groceries to save the local dining establishments too many trips from our crazy clan...
All in all, we had a great time with good company...i can't speak about how the other villas are, but we were pleased.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank PShui1378
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I am always thrilled to hear positive feedback from our guests. I was glad to hear that our Four Bedroom accommodations suited your needs. As you mentioned, they are our newest and largest accommodations on the property. I was very proud to hear that our customer service, maintenance, grounds, and recreation staff were helpful and accommodating. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway aim to provide each guest with excellent customer service and attention to detail. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities on the resort and explored a bit of the Pocono Mountains as well. We hope to see you again soon to make your next vacation as enjoyable as the last!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,998 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!