“Had fun in spite of our accomadations” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
BEAVER
“Had fun in spite of our accomadations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

My sister and her husband and my husband and I went to Villa at Tree Tops for a week. The area was ok around there and we did get to see some neat places - but the Villa itself left a lot to be desired. The unit we were given was an older one (we later figured out) and it MUCH need of updating and cleaning. The rugs were very dirty, the place had a very musty smell and was rather neglected overall. We were in the 1100 grouping. If you get assigned there - ask for a new place.

Room Tip: check in the 6000 group area they looked to have fewer steps, better view and appeared much newer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
First, please allow me to apologize for your dissatisfaction during your recent stay. We are continuously working on improving the resort from not only our own observations but also the valuable feedback we obtain from our guests. Our goal is to provide total guest satisfaction.

I have contacted our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa in which you stayed so that a through inspection can be done with regard to the problems you listed. These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the unit being released for check-in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfall in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Bryans Road
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Wife and I stayed Sept. 8-15th. We were a bit concerned due to other reviews. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our unit (in the 6000 group). It appeared that all of the appliances had been upgraded. The bed was comfortable. The A/C and gas fireplace worked well. The carpet was clean, but a bit worn. There was some mildew/mold in the master tub jets. There were dents in both doors to the unit. The entry was on grade, no steps! Parking was adjacent to the unit. There was nothing to cook in the oven with. I'm sure we could have called for something, but it wasn't a big deal. The resort golf course was pretty decent. As a long time timeshare owner I think that management needs to make sure that users are held accountable for any damages to the units. There should be periodic focused cleaning and maintenance. I'm convinced that a lot of negative comments from reviewers are due to user abuse! I would stay here again if I could get a unit in similar condition we got for this stay.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DLPinMD
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a good one.

I have asked our Manger of Housekeeping to try and determine which villa you stayed in, so that she can replenish the pots and pans. I do apologize for the inconvience of the kitchen not being properly stocked.

Our resort offers many different activities for every one of all ages to enjoy, as well as many different villa accommodations to offer families and friends of all sizes.

We have started an aggressive refurbishment program that will encompass all of the villas at both Tree Tops and Fairway. This plan of action will continue to be an ongoing project.

It is always our pleasure to serve our guests by welcoming them into a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. We pride ourselves in offering the ultimate vacation experience, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Fairway Villas this Monday from Sept 2,2013 to Thursday Sept 5th. As we walked up to and through the entry way to get to our villa we were in shock as to how MANAGEMENT would allow the outside to become so dilapidated! So we finally entered our first villa (1614) we were disgusted. The back of the couch was torn and ripped and just hanging, as if the maid is not reporting it to her housekeeper, or the housekeeper is just not concerned with fixing it. The decor was and is dated. It smells like mildew, the couches were uninviting, dead insects on top of the fluorescent kitchen light, the two twin beds in the loft area looked as if the were ready to collapse, the mattresses were flat and the pillows were flat etc. Needless to say we grab those room keys and headed back to the front desk, because the only option from here is to receive a better room or head back to NYC all on the first vacation day. At this point my wife and I both proceed to the front desk to ask for a new room. They were accommodating, but they did not have much to change us to due to the fact that they are booked up at this time. WE received a new villa (1514), this was better but after the bitter taste in our mouth from the first room it was hard not to be critical, but it was much better than the first one! In the bedroom closet the rods that you hang your clothes on is rusted and they have all these bent out out of shape wire hangers. Come on wire hangers, talk about penny pinching. The faucet in the jacuzzi bathtub can do a complete 360 spin all the way around. The screen doors are broken and they even covered the three holes on a screen door with duct tape. You have to see that one for yourself! The next day we decided to go to the game room and it was not inviting. We are big kids at heart but we just lost that fizzle during that experience. If they could brighten the place up it just seems dark in there, the carpet smells old and of mildew, and the worst part is that some of the games did not work. We did enjoy ourselves at the restaurant where they have trivia Wednesdays. That was fun and everyone there was warm and inviting. We checked in on Mon and we were scheduled to depart on Thursday morning. We just left a day early. Thank you for the complimentary extra day but no thank you. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 16 years. I cannot comprehend how you are presenting your property as a investment and you would like for me to spend my money and purchase a timeshare. That you would show give me a presentation and a experience as such. So when it comes time for the tour what do you expect me to say. I can only give you what you've given me! All of the touches that are needed to repair and update the property are cosmetic touches. Not trying to tell you how to spend your money but the only way I would return is if i'm just driving by. I do not want to totally bash you guys, I want to give credit were credit is do. The front desk staff is wonderful and they are willing to help you. You guys have a ton of activities to partake in. Ohh and wifi, from what I understand.When we called the front desk they said you have to have AT&T's home bundle package in order to receive wifi. That is bonkers!. We live in a wifi age. I would recommend a busines center where the guest can go to use your computers or have them pay for wifi per day etc. Sorry, it was just hard for me to stay here again being that I work in the hotel business and I see what needs to be done and its not being done. I wanted to call Anthony from Hotel Impossible. We went on the tour for the time share and I saw the more modern up to date villas. All I could think about are the villas that we had and I packed my bags mentally and gas up the car physically. I wish you guys much more success in your future endeavors with this property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Qlifeisgood
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. The items you listed should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the rooms being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

I have forwarded your review to our Maintenance Department so they can try and determine the rooms in which you and your family were in to confirm that the items you listed have been repaired.

The Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. I will certainly pass along your observations regarding the game room to their management.

The Resort’s Wi-Fi is provided by AT&T. The charge per day is $9.95, however if a guest is a current customer of AT&T, there would be no additional charges to connect while at the Resort. The Resort does offer free access at the Front Desk. I do apologize that you were not given the correct information when you inquired.

I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and our activities plentiful.

The Fernwood Resort strives to offer every guest the best experience possible. Again, I apologize that we were not able to do so in your case.

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

WEST HEMPSTEAD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you ever go to Treetops you have GOT to go to TreeVentures. It is one of the best acivities there. You can use your points or you can pay a moderate fee. It is a park of obstacle courses combines with Zip Lining. The staff is friendly, helpful, fun, supportive and above all encouraging. The rooms are great it is walking distance to one of the many pools and game rooms. If you don't feel like driving there is a resort bus that takes you anywhere on the resort you want to go. Our kids (teens) took advantage of all of the activities that was on the itinerary while my husband and I relaxed. If you ever have a 3-4 day weekend coming up, I suggest you come here for fun and relaxation. The only downside is that we had 4 children and we had to cook but the supermarket is 5 minutes up the road and Turkey Hill is at the bottom of the hill from the resort. So have a great vacation!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WINONA M
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a review! I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed our resort. As you mentioned in your review, The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway has a variety of amenities to keep each member of the family occupied. Pocono TreeVentures is one of our newest amenities this year. I so glad you and your family enjoyed your time there.

Fernwood Resort and the Pocono area has much to offer everyone all within a short drive. Also, the Villas are a great place to sit back and relax. It is one of our goals that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoy themselves to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.
south jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I really wanted to give this place an excellent review cause it has so many bad ones, but I did have some complaints. We stayed at the Fairway in a 3 bedroom. The houses were beautiful. There was wear and tear but this I expect with big families going in and out of these places. Normal size washer and dryer which was great and actually dried my clothes. Jet tub and sauna in master bedroom was nice. The bed was my biggest complaint. It was very hard. Better off sleeping on floor. The grounds need to be better maintained. the grass needed to be cut. It was cut towards the end of the week but would have been nice to have the grass short out back of our porch area the entire week. the pools need to be cleaned every day and they are not. I am a wyndham owner and I pay maintenance fees and I expect my vacation to be maintained. not too much to ask for. the activities were ok. the people working there were nice enough but not into making the crafts or explaining whats going on. organization was terrible. mini golf was nice but also needs to be fixed up. since they charge for it, it shouldn't be a problem. couple spots need fence so the balls don't shoot over. check in was easy. checked in at 7pm so I was the only one there. in and out. and no hassle with sales I guess since I am a wyndham owner? was nice there was no pressure. the trolley system was terrible. they only have one. they need at least two. was faster to walk most places. I live in jersey so its not worth me going back here. But if you like the Pocono area and all the attractions, its not a bad place to stay. Would definitely go for the 3 bedroom houses. As for bugs, its in the mountains. there are gonna be bugs. Didn't have any in the house. Just some spiderwebs outside. No big deal to brush off. As I said the bed was my biggest complaint. If I cant get a good sleep, its not worth my time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Erin0813
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for giving our resort a review.

Unfortunately, as I read through your review I noticed that your stay did not meet our standards. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. I have contacted our Grounds Department and Director of Recreation in regards to your experiences and observations.

I have also shared your review with our General Manager who will look into replacing the mattress with new pillow-tops to avoid another unpleasant experience.

We appreciate the time you took to write this review.
Valdosta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I hated it!! I seriously do not know why people pay what they do for this crap shoot! I stayed here for a Training Camp course July 7-12. The only reason I stayed there was because it was included in the price for the training. When I first pulled up, it was nice but a bit confusing as far as finding my suite. I had to check in at another hotel (the Fernwood, awesome Staff btw, very helpful), who gave me a map of the location of my suite. I get there eventually, I was in a 1 bedroom villa, so there was a door that leads into a corridor, and splits into 2 villas, one up one down. I was down. Now, I understand that this is an outdoorsy resort (right on the border of the woods), but the porch and door was not kept up. The door frame had the HUGE spider web and spider that freaked me out so bad that I nearly fell down the stairs that leads to the door. I found a stick and handled it accordingly (everyday a new spider and web). Now when I got to my villa, it was like I stepped back in time. Crappy décor, dusty curtains, spider webs in the corners of the room, and the bathroom "tile" was peeling up at the corners. The shower head sucked. And every morning I wake up to finding those pill bugs in bathroom. One night, I even found some fireflies flying about in my room, just blinking away. Also, the door to my villa and the door frame didn’t meet, so there was about an inch gap ( I could peak into the gap and see the hallway pretty clearly.

Overall, it's in dire need up an upgrade and maintenance. I'm giving this a 2 out of 5 only because the scenery was lovely and when my key didn't work for my room, even after getting a new one, the maintenance guy was already working on it by the time I got back to my villa (it’s a 5 min drive from my villa to the front desk).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Jackson Heights, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My hubby and I stayed there from august 15th to the 17th though the outside of the villa isnt 100% I thought the inside was wonderful, well kept and neat, we loved the place, we bought timeshares thats how much we loved it we're coming back next week, I surely recommend this place .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angel D
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here.

We always welcome feedback from our guests, especially when it is to let us know what a great time they had while staying here at the resort. Our staff at the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway works diligently to ensure each guest experiences exactly what they are looking for. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your vacation a great one.

We look forward to your visit next week
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,974 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!