“Bring your own bed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
New York City, New York
“Bring your own bed!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed for night and let me tell you we could not sleep. The bed and sofabed were old and you could feel the wires(springs). If we come back we will bring airbed instead.
My husband usually nap but he could not do it. Beds are too cheap. Never seen something like this on a resort.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank FELICIA S
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us. I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had made mention of.

I have passed your review along to our Quality Assurance Team so that they may determine the villa in which you stayed so that the bed and sofa bed can be inspected and replaced.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and use it to our advantage. We are striving daily to improve our guests overall vacationing experience.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Laingsburg, Michigan
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at Villas at Fairway Sept 27 to Oct 4. We were very leary due to reading so many negative reviews so upon arrival we went in to check out our unit before taking in any bags. To our delight we had a wonderful unit 2B 2B #3416. There were some definite things that could be better cleaned and updated but it was very pleasant and we enjoyed our stay without any issues or complaints. As far as things to do in the area, we really enjoyed the Tree Ventures on property, I really suggest taking the trolley tour of Delaware Water Gap and visit Bushkill Falls. We also took the Martz bus to NYC and then drove to Philadelphia. Philly has some excellent sightseeing and tours. A lot of free tours as well, unfortunately we didn't get to do a lot of them due to gov't shut down but we still had a great time! As far as the property, it is really large and spread out with a lot of activities. We were offered a timeshare presentation but were not pressured to attend at all. We already own through Wyndham/RCI so we didn't attend. We did have to leave our trash outside but it was picked up daily. The bed was small for a master ( I think a full) and somewhat uncomfortable. The area is absolutely beautiful with a lot of things to do. The fall colors were absolutely amazing!! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda R
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a review! I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed our resort. As you mentioned in your review, The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway has a variety of amenities to keep each member of the family occupied. Pocono TreeVentures is one of our newest amenities this year and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time there.

Fernwood Resort and the Pocono area has much to offer everyone all within a short drive, or day trips. Also, the Villas are a great place to sit back and relax. It is one of our goals that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoys themselves to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Despite some negative reviews on the accommodations, we were quite satisfied with our unit (#6007). We had an initial problem with a toilet within the first hour of moving into the unit. A toilet had a broken handle on the flush mechanism and immediately after reporting it to the 'admin office', the maintenance staff arrived and replaced the handle. Considering this was on a Sunday after 5:00PM, we were pleasantly surprised and pleased with the response. "Cudos" to the two maintenance chaps. Also, the staff at the Pro Shop were a fun and a friendly group. The golf course is very well kept; particularly the tee boxes, where we often saw a gentleman reseeding the divots. Although the greens are in good shape, they do not reward a good approach shot resulting in many 3-putts due to the sharp contours.

Room Tip: I understand that the 6000 series units are newer and many offer great views of the golf course. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

I have shared your review with our Senior Operations Manager as we1l as our General Manager so that they may share your comments with the staff that you spoke of.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns. We have made significant improvements property wide and will continue to do so that we can accommodate our guests to the fullest.
BEAVER
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My sister and her husband and my husband and I went to Villa at Tree Tops for a week. The area was ok around there and we did get to see some neat places - but the Villa itself left a lot to be desired. The unit we were given was an older one (we later figured out) and it MUCH need of updating and cleaning. The rugs were very dirty, the place had a very musty smell and was rather neglected overall. We were in the 1100 grouping. If you get assigned there - ask for a new place.

Room Tip: check in the 6000 group area they looked to have fewer steps, better view and appeared much newer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
First, please allow me to apologize for your dissatisfaction during your recent stay. We are continuously working on improving the resort from not only our own observations but also the valuable feedback we obtain from our guests. Our goal is to provide total guest satisfaction.

I have contacted our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa in which you stayed so that a through inspection can be done with regard to the problems you listed. These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the unit being released for check-in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfall in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Bryans Road
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Wife and I stayed Sept. 8-15th. We were a bit concerned due to other reviews. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our unit (in the 6000 group). It appeared that all of the appliances had been upgraded. The bed was comfortable. The A/C and gas fireplace worked well. The carpet was clean, but a bit worn. There was some mildew/mold in the master tub jets. There were dents in both doors to the unit. The entry was on grade, no steps! Parking was adjacent to the unit. There was nothing to cook in the oven with. I'm sure we could have called for something, but it wasn't a big deal. The resort golf course was pretty decent. As a long time timeshare owner I think that management needs to make sure that users are held accountable for any damages to the units. There should be periodic focused cleaning and maintenance. I'm convinced that a lot of negative comments from reviewers are due to user abuse! I would stay here again if I could get a unit in similar condition we got for this stay.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DLPinMD
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a good one.

I have asked our Manger of Housekeeping to try and determine which villa you stayed in, so that she can replenish the pots and pans. I do apologize for the inconvience of the kitchen not being properly stocked.

Our resort offers many different activities for every one of all ages to enjoy, as well as many different villa accommodations to offer families and friends of all sizes.

We have started an aggressive refurbishment program that will encompass all of the villas at both Tree Tops and Fairway. This plan of action will continue to be an ongoing project.

It is always our pleasure to serve our guests by welcoming them into a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. We pride ourselves in offering the ultimate vacation experience, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Fairway Villas this Monday from Sept 2,2013 to Thursday Sept 5th. As we walked up to and through the entry way to get to our villa we were in shock as to how MANAGEMENT would allow the outside to become so dilapidated! So we finally entered our first villa (1614) we were disgusted. The back of the couch was torn and ripped and just hanging, as if the maid is not reporting it to her housekeeper, or the housekeeper is just not concerned with fixing it. The decor was and is dated. It smells like mildew, the couches were uninviting, dead insects on top of the fluorescent kitchen light, the two twin beds in the loft area looked as if the were ready to collapse, the mattresses were flat and the pillows were flat etc. Needless to say we grab those room keys and headed back to the front desk, because the only option from here is to receive a better room or head back to NYC all on the first vacation day. At this point my wife and I both proceed to the front desk to ask for a new room. They were accommodating, but they did not have much to change us to due to the fact that they are booked up at this time. WE received a new villa (1514), this was better but after the bitter taste in our mouth from the first room it was hard not to be critical, but it was much better than the first one! In the bedroom closet the rods that you hang your clothes on is rusted and they have all these bent out out of shape wire hangers. Come on wire hangers, talk about penny pinching. The faucet in the jacuzzi bathtub can do a complete 360 spin all the way around. The screen doors are broken and they even covered the three holes on a screen door with duct tape. You have to see that one for yourself! The next day we decided to go to the game room and it was not inviting. We are big kids at heart but we just lost that fizzle during that experience. If they could brighten the place up it just seems dark in there, the carpet smells old and of mildew, and the worst part is that some of the games did not work. We did enjoy ourselves at the restaurant where they have trivia Wednesdays. That was fun and everyone there was warm and inviting. We checked in on Mon and we were scheduled to depart on Thursday morning. We just left a day early. Thank you for the complimentary extra day but no thank you. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 16 years. I cannot comprehend how you are presenting your property as a investment and you would like for me to spend my money and purchase a timeshare. That you would show give me a presentation and a experience as such. So when it comes time for the tour what do you expect me to say. I can only give you what you've given me! All of the touches that are needed to repair and update the property are cosmetic touches. Not trying to tell you how to spend your money but the only way I would return is if i'm just driving by. I do not want to totally bash you guys, I want to give credit were credit is do. The front desk staff is wonderful and they are willing to help you. You guys have a ton of activities to partake in. Ohh and wifi, from what I understand.When we called the front desk they said you have to have AT&T's home bundle package in order to receive wifi. That is bonkers!. We live in a wifi age. I would recommend a busines center where the guest can go to use your computers or have them pay for wifi per day etc. Sorry, it was just hard for me to stay here again being that I work in the hotel business and I see what needs to be done and its not being done. I wanted to call Anthony from Hotel Impossible. We went on the tour for the time share and I saw the more modern up to date villas. All I could think about are the villas that we had and I packed my bags mentally and gas up the car physically. I wish you guys much more success in your future endeavors with this property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Qlifeisgood
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. The items you listed should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the rooms being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

I have forwarded your review to our Maintenance Department so they can try and determine the rooms in which you and your family were in to confirm that the items you listed have been repaired.

The Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. I will certainly pass along your observations regarding the game room to their management.

The Resort’s Wi-Fi is provided by AT&T. The charge per day is $9.95, however if a guest is a current customer of AT&T, there would be no additional charges to connect while at the Resort. The Resort does offer free access at the Front Desk. I do apologize that you were not given the correct information when you inquired.

I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and our activities plentiful.

The Fernwood Resort strives to offer every guest the best experience possible. Again, I apologize that we were not able to do so in your case.
WEST HEMPSTEAD
Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you ever go to Treetops you have GOT to go to TreeVentures. It is one of the best acivities there. You can use your points or you can pay a moderate fee. It is a park of obstacle courses combines with Zip Lining. The staff is friendly, helpful, fun, supportive and above all encouraging. The rooms are great it is walking distance to one of the many pools and game rooms. If you don't feel like driving there is a resort bus that takes you anywhere on the resort you want to go. Our kids (teens) took advantage of all of the activities that was on the itinerary while my husband and I relaxed. If you ever have a 3-4 day weekend coming up, I suggest you come here for fun and relaxation. The only downside is that we had 4 children and we had to cook but the supermarket is 5 minutes up the road and Turkey Hill is at the bottom of the hill from the resort. So have a great vacation!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank WINONAM_12
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a review! I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed our resort. As you mentioned in your review, The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway has a variety of amenities to keep each member of the family occupied. Pocono TreeVentures is one of our newest amenities this year. I so glad you and your family enjoyed your time there.

Fernwood Resort and the Pocono area has much to offer everyone all within a short drive. Also, the Villas are a great place to sit back and relax. It is one of our goals that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoy themselves to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!