“worn but clean,staff very nice” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
“worn but clean,staff very nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was a little concerned going to The Villas at Tree Tops,by the reviews . I exchanged my timeshare that is first class for a two bedroom here. I called a week before my stay and requested a renovated unit and was told that I would be placed in one, that didn't happen. We decided to stay in the unit, it was worn but clean.The staff was very friendly and the tree tops had a good location for various attractions.We did Bushkill Falls about 10/15 mins away- plan on a lot of steep steps and hills-we did most of the red trail (longest). The Falls were very nice.We also rode to Jim Thorpe, about an hour away,took the train and walked the town very nice day trip.Also rode the horses at Sugar Mountain Trails had a new rider with us, Eileen the owner and trail guide was just wonderful, about 10/15 mins from the Tops.We found a restaurant right up the road from our stay. Petrizzo's, the food is very good, large portions,prices were good. Ask for Sonny. Also in Tannersville we found a great Brewery- Barley Creek- good food cold beer. We really enjoyed the golf course at Fernwood, the price was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, i might get one. The two bedrooms were on the bottom floor with the bathro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 2Piehole
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay.

As you mentioned, Fernwood Resort and the surrounding area have many different activities for children and adults. I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy the many different attractions that the Pocono Mountains have to offer.

I would like to take this moment to reassure you that the current direction of The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway is a positive one. The owners continue to make improvements property wide and this plan of action will continue as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
North Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was literally the worst attempted getaway of my life. My girlfriend's family had a week left on their time share they offered to us. So my girlfriend was researching the few available places to go. Upon talking to this "resort", she decided it sounded good from everything the "resorts" representatives had told her.

The room hadnt been updates since the 80's. Which is fine, I can write that off as rustic charm. But when there are gaping holes in your couches and you can immediately see paint and wall paper peeling off the walls...that's not rustic charm. That's cheap neglect. We arrived late at night so we were really too tired to completely assess the situation. We didnt even want to fight the fact that the heat did not work. All we wanted to do after a long drive was shower and sleep.

The next morning we awoke and went out to find adventure in the surrounding areas. the place was DEAD. 90% of the surrounding area was closed. A nice fact the representative we spoke to failed to mention while telling us all the things you could do in the area. All of those things were CLOSED.

We did our best to make a day of it and drove all over the place searching for random things to do. We stopped at some tiny little "zoo". We stopped at a candy store. We did our best to find activities. Upon returning to our room in daylight...we got a real good look at our "villa". It was disgusting how run down and neglected it was. It was basically a total waste of money and time. We called the front desk to complain and they promised to move us to a "newer" villa.

A nasty police officer came by to escort us to our newer villa. Not a hotel representative. An actual police officer. He let us into the other villa and we immediately found the same problems. Paint and wall paper peeling from the walls. huge cracks and chunks missing from counters and cabinets. Holes in the furniture. We refused the room and drove down to the front desk. The only sentence they heard was that the heat didnt work. The only reason they moved us was because the heat was not working.

We spent the next several hours arguing with the front desk and demanding management. Of course they claimed no management was on site. We forced him to wake the manager up. These are people that once we complained they lied to us about things to do that they admitted the area was closed for the season and suggested we visit a bar or go bowling or rollerskating. I had to walk away. I can go to a bar, bowling, or roller skating in my own town. I dont spend money on a "resort" and drive hours out of my way to do the same ol' garbage. Our villa didnt even have working smoke detectors. They were hanging from the cieling from their wires.

The BBQ restaurant IN the resort...they had advertisements literally hanging on the walls with their hours of operation and days of the week. The signs hanging up, the pamphlets sitting on end tables and in wracks all claiming the place is supposed to be open and even that was closed.

I immediately drove back to our villa and took pictures of EVERYTHING. Which I will happily supply for anyone considering wasting their time visiting this horrible place.

Well into 5 AM we're on the phone with management threatening to contact the local authorities and fire department if they dont refund us and compensate our losses in gas and tolls which they absolutely had refused to do. Unfortunately for them, we do not easily quit. We were sent a check fully reimbursing us of the cost of the "resort" as well as an extra $150 in travel expenses. Of course that check came about six months later but we did eventually receive it and cash it.

We were literally so disgusted we stayed 1 night out of our planned week and we left at 5AM to get out of there it wasnt even worth taking a few hours nap before driving home it was so insanely disgusting, dirty, rundown, and horrible. How they even call it a "resort" is beyond my comprehension. They're just old hunting shacks that were "upgraded" 30 years ago.

The entire place was useless from the rooms to the staff. If I was not refunded and reimbursed my travel expenses I was literally prepared to sue and report them to all authorities possible. Due yourselves a favor and unless you like sleeping in filth and dealing with useless people all day...Stay as far away from this "resort" as possible. You'd be better off sleeping in the back seat of your car in a random parking lot.

Room Tip: We tried two rooms in terrible place. They were both equally as run down and disgusting. Just dont s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sonofbaldo
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us. As I read your review I grew increasingly disappointed. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard, and I have already passed your comments along to our General Manager so that he can discuss your comments with the Department Heads.

The Pocono Mountains is a vacation destination for all season’s and never closes. There are many different activities for all ages that would keep anyone busy all day all within a short drive from the Resort.

Since your stay in March, we have done many improvements and upgrades all throughout the Resort including our two new amenities Blue Lighting summer tubing and Pocono TreeVentures rope course with dual racing zip lines.

The Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center, which is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway also, own the BBQ restaurant that you referred to in your review. While I can not speak on their behalf, I will certainly pass along your disappointment to them on the restaurant not being open during your stay.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and concerns.

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Okay...My friend and I just returned from a two day stay at Fairway. I have to admit that I was terrified at some of the reviews I read. I even called the resort to ask why they thought they were getting so many bad reviews. Well, I was so relieved to walk into one of the most beautiful villas I have stayed at in a long time. This was my friends first resort. When I told her the AFVC rated the villas a 2 key, she said she could not imagine what a 5 key would be. We did have two wasps in the masterbedroom, but one phone call and 30 minutes later the wasps were gone. I wish we could have stayed longer...there was so much to do. I plan to return with my whole family to really enjoy all the ammenities and activities the resort has to offer. Please give this great resort a try before you are scared off by the reviews...I almost cancelled! Thanks for a great couple of days!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer units
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachelle P
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our villa accommodations, TreeTops and Fairway are designed for all to enjoy families, couples and singles alike.

We pride ourselves in offering many varied activities right on property so that families can enjoy quality time together or separately should you choose to do so.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in one of the beautiful newer units. Upon check in we found a safety hazard in the room, however I was impressed with the housekeeping supervisor and how she handled the situation. I did request to speak with the general manager, however he never contacted me during our week long stay. The children enjoyed the specialized kids activities and liked the staff. We will be returning again in March.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vacationmommie
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your November 2012 stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation and our location.

I do apologize for the issue you had in the villa upon check in, but am glad the Housekeeping Supervisor was able to assist you. I am unsure whom you left a message for asking to speak to the General Manager, and I apologize if a member of the management team failed to return your call. We are all very attentive and prompt in responding to guest phone calls.

We look forward to your next visit in March.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed for night and let me tell you we could not sleep. The bed and sofabed were old and you could feel the wires(springs). If we come back we will bring airbed instead.
My husband usually nap but he could not do it. Beds are too cheap. Never seen something like this on a resort.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FELICIA S
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us. I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had made mention of.

I have passed your review along to our Quality Assurance Team so that they may determine the villa in which you stayed so that the bed and sofa bed can be inspected and replaced.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and use it to our advantage. We are striving daily to improve our guests overall vacationing experience.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.
Laingsburg, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at Villas at Fairway Sept 27 to Oct 4. We were very leary due to reading so many negative reviews so upon arrival we went in to check out our unit before taking in any bags. To our delight we had a wonderful unit 2B 2B #3416. There were some definite things that could be better cleaned and updated but it was very pleasant and we enjoyed our stay without any issues or complaints. As far as things to do in the area, we really enjoyed the Tree Ventures on property, I really suggest taking the trolley tour of Delaware Water Gap and visit Bushkill Falls. We also took the Martz bus to NYC and then drove to Philadelphia. Philly has some excellent sightseeing and tours. A lot of free tours as well, unfortunately we didn't get to do a lot of them due to gov't shut down but we still had a great time! As far as the property, it is really large and spread out with a lot of activities. We were offered a timeshare presentation but were not pressured to attend at all. We already own through Wyndham/RCI so we didn't attend. We did have to leave our trash outside but it was picked up daily. The bed was small for a master ( I think a full) and somewhat uncomfortable. The area is absolutely beautiful with a lot of things to do. The fall colors were absolutely amazing!! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda R
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a review! I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed our resort. As you mentioned in your review, The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway has a variety of amenities to keep each member of the family occupied. Pocono TreeVentures is one of our newest amenities this year and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time there.

Fernwood Resort and the Pocono area has much to offer everyone all within a short drive, or day trips. Also, the Villas are a great place to sit back and relax. It is one of our goals that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoys themselves to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.
Saint Thomas, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Despite some negative reviews on the accommodations, we were quite satisfied with our unit (#6007). We had an initial problem with a toilet within the first hour of moving into the unit. A toilet had a broken handle on the flush mechanism and immediately after reporting it to the 'admin office', the maintenance staff arrived and replaced the handle. Considering this was on a Sunday after 5:00PM, we were pleasantly surprised and pleased with the response. "Cudos" to the two maintenance chaps. Also, the staff at the Pro Shop were a fun and a friendly group. The golf course is very well kept; particularly the tee boxes, where we often saw a gentleman reseeding the divots. Although the greens are in good shape, they do not reward a good approach shot resulting in many 3-putts due to the sharp contours.

Room Tip: I understand that the 6000 series units are newer and many offer great views of the golf course. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

I have shared your review with our Senior Operations Manager as we1l as our General Manager so that they may share your comments with the staff that you spoke of.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns. We have made significant improvements property wide and will continue to do so that we can accommodate our guests to the fullest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,975 reviews

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!