“Reral Bummer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The security lock on front door broken. Mattresses as hard as concrete. The blankets were thin and ragged. The extra pillows were lumpy and unusable. Carpets dirty/stained/snagged. The couches were stained. Heat vents downstairs filthy. Jacuzzi water ran brown and left a ring in the tub. The stove drawer was hanging loose and when we went to fix it we found two dead mice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucille B
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected. I have shared your review with our Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments. In researching your reservation history I see that you only reported the hard mattresses. I can assure you that had you notified the Front Desk or our Villa Services Department they would have been more than happy to assist you with the other issues that you experienced.

We realize that normal wear and tear occurs over time and that it is necessary to update the units and we do have an aggressive refurbishment program to keep our Villas up to date.

I apologize again for any inconveniences that you encountered on your stay. Thank you for reviewing our resort.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been coming here for about 5 years. This resort is not that bad, but of course it can be better. We were 8 people and stayed over the Columbus Day weekend. Check in was OK, no line. I had to switch villas because the first one i was assigned to wasn't conducive to our sleeping arrangments. We were given a villa that was comparable to the assigned villa and slightly updated. Better TV in living room, wasn't dirty, stove had backsplash. Some things i didn't like was there weren't sufficient towel racks to hang our towels. This would be helpful since the villa can have maximum 8 people and we are sharing 2 bathrooms. I also didn't like the bed, it was very soft. And they could provide nicer hangers, We had wire hangers. The villas i saw this year have improved. They also have improved by having the year round tubing and the treeventures. Needed some extra supplies from housekeeping and received them in a timely manner. Didn't eat at the restaurants since we cooked most meals from the villa. Check out was fine too, no line. This isn't a 5 star resort, but i do like coming back here because the location is convenient, staff is nice and helpful. They do try to make you feel comfortable.

Room Tip: when you check in you can ask if the room you are assigned to has been updated.
1  Thank travelalot5229
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a good one.

We have started an aggressive refurbishment program that will encompass all of the villas at both Tree Tops and Fairway. This plan of action will continue to be an ongoing project.

I have also passed along your comments regarding the towel racks to our General Manager, so that he may look into adding more to the bathrooms.

It is always our pleasure to serve our guests by welcoming them into a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. We pride ourselves in offering the ultimate vacation experience, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The vills we stayed in could have been nicer.....The master tub needed to be caulked wall paper in shower falling down.....hand rails needed paint....coffee table had so many chips in it I started to call to have them remove it...The carpet was dirty....washing machine had rust all over it.....bottom of kitchen cabinets were worn..... when we used the $25 food credit a 9% gratuity was added......but it wasnt added the next day with out it.....and she still stood there waiting for a tip.....The presentation was a high pressure due or die sale they say you cant think it over.....then show you updated clean places to impress you when your staying in a ghetto unit ....I was like really?....dont wast your time unless your budget is tight .......i would have had a better time at home

Room Tip: dont go here!
2  Thank kevin l
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us.

I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. The items you listed should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the Villa being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I apologize for any shortfalls.

I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to do a thorough inspection on Villa #1117. I can assure you that their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.

I have passed on your review to our Sales Managers, so they may discuss your comments with the Sales Team.

We are consistently working to maintain and upgrade our resort. Our staff work diligently to ensure our guests are given the experience they deserve. I hope that you will take time in the future to visit us again and see the improvements we have made.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was a little concerned going to The Villas at Tree Tops,by the reviews . I exchanged my timeshare that is first class for a two bedroom here. I called a week before my stay and requested a renovated unit and was told that I would be placed in one, that didn't happen. We decided to stay in the unit, it was worn but clean.The staff was very friendly and the tree tops had a good location for various attractions.We did Bushkill Falls about 10/15 mins away- plan on a lot of steep steps and hills-we did most of the red trail (longest). The Falls were very nice.We also rode to Jim Thorpe, about an hour away,took the train and walked the town very nice day trip.Also rode the horses at Sugar Mountain Trails had a new rider with us, Eileen the owner and trail guide was just wonderful, about 10/15 mins from the Tops.We found a restaurant right up the road from our stay. Petrizzo's, the food is very good, large portions,prices were good. Ask for Sonny. Also in Tannersville we found a great Brewery- Barley Creek- good food cold beer. We really enjoyed the golf course at Fernwood, the price was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, i might get one. The two bedrooms were on the bottom floor with the bathro...
1  Thank 2Piehole
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay.

As you mentioned, Fernwood Resort and the surrounding area have many different activities for children and adults. I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy the many different attractions that the Pocono Mountains have to offer.

I would like to take this moment to reassure you that the current direction of The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway is a positive one. The owners continue to make improvements property wide and this plan of action will continue as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was literally the worst attempted getaway of my life. My girlfriend's family had a week left on their time share they offered to us. So my girlfriend was researching the few available places to go. Upon talking to this "resort", she decided it sounded good from everything the "resorts" representatives had told her.

The room hadnt been updates since the 80's. Which is fine, I can write that off as rustic charm. But when there are gaping holes in your couches and you can immediately see paint and wall paper peeling off the walls...that's not rustic charm. That's cheap neglect. We arrived late at night so we were really too tired to completely assess the situation. We didnt even want to fight the fact that the heat did not work. All we wanted to do after a long drive was shower and sleep.

The next morning we awoke and went out to find adventure in the surrounding areas. the place was DEAD. 90% of the surrounding area was closed. A nice fact the representative we spoke to failed to mention while telling us all the things you could do in the area. All of those things were CLOSED.

We did our best to make a day of it and drove all over the place searching for random things to do. We stopped at some tiny little "zoo". We stopped at a candy store. We did our best to find activities. Upon returning to our room in daylight...we got a real good look at our "villa". It was disgusting how run down and neglected it was. It was basically a total waste of money and time. We called the front desk to complain and they promised to move us to a "newer" villa.

A nasty police officer came by to escort us to our newer villa. Not a hotel representative. An actual police officer. He let us into the other villa and we immediately found the same problems. Paint and wall paper peeling from the walls. huge cracks and chunks missing from counters and cabinets. Holes in the furniture. We refused the room and drove down to the front desk. The only sentence they heard was that the heat didnt work. The only reason they moved us was because the heat was not working.

We spent the next several hours arguing with the front desk and demanding management. Of course they claimed no management was on site. We forced him to wake the manager up. These are people that once we complained they lied to us about things to do that they admitted the area was closed for the season and suggested we visit a bar or go bowling or rollerskating. I had to walk away. I can go to a bar, bowling, or roller skating in my own town. I dont spend money on a "resort" and drive hours out of my way to do the same ol' garbage. Our villa didnt even have working smoke detectors. They were hanging from the cieling from their wires.

The BBQ restaurant IN the resort...they had advertisements literally hanging on the walls with their hours of operation and days of the week. The signs hanging up, the pamphlets sitting on end tables and in wracks all claiming the place is supposed to be open and even that was closed.

I immediately drove back to our villa and took pictures of EVERYTHING. Which I will happily supply for anyone considering wasting their time visiting this horrible place.

Well into 5 AM we're on the phone with management threatening to contact the local authorities and fire department if they dont refund us and compensate our losses in gas and tolls which they absolutely had refused to do. Unfortunately for them, we do not easily quit. We were sent a check fully reimbursing us of the cost of the "resort" as well as an extra $150 in travel expenses. Of course that check came about six months later but we did eventually receive it and cash it.

We were literally so disgusted we stayed 1 night out of our planned week and we left at 5AM to get out of there it wasnt even worth taking a few hours nap before driving home it was so insanely disgusting, dirty, rundown, and horrible. How they even call it a "resort" is beyond my comprehension. They're just old hunting shacks that were "upgraded" 30 years ago.

The entire place was useless from the rooms to the staff. If I was not refunded and reimbursed my travel expenses I was literally prepared to sue and report them to all authorities possible. Due yourselves a favor and unless you like sleeping in filth and dealing with useless people all day...Stay as far away from this "resort" as possible. You'd be better off sleeping in the back seat of your car in a random parking lot.

Room Tip: We tried two rooms in terrible place. They were both equally as run down and disgusting. Just dont s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sonofbaldo
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us. As I read your review I grew increasingly disappointed. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard, and I have already passed your comments along to our General Manager so that he can discuss your comments with the Department Heads.

The Pocono Mountains is a vacation destination for all season’s and never closes. There are many different activities for all ages that would keep anyone busy all day all within a short drive from the Resort.

Since your stay in March, we have done many improvements and upgrades all throughout the Resort including our two new amenities Blue Lighting summer tubing and Pocono TreeVentures rope course with dual racing zip lines.

The Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center, which is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway also, own the BBQ restaurant that you referred to in your review. While I can not speak on their behalf, I will certainly pass along your disappointment to them on the restaurant not being open during your stay.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and concerns.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Okay...My friend and I just returned from a two day stay at Fairway. I have to admit that I was terrified at some of the reviews I read. I even called the resort to ask why they thought they were getting so many bad reviews. Well, I was so relieved to walk into one of the most beautiful villas I have stayed at in a long time. This was my friends first resort. When I told her the AFVC rated the villas a 2 key, she said she could not imagine what a 5 key would be. We did have two wasps in the masterbedroom, but one phone call and 30 minutes later the wasps were gone. I wish we could have stayed longer...there was so much to do. I plan to return with my whole family to really enjoy all the ammenities and activities the resort has to offer. Please give this great resort a try before you are scared off by the reviews...I almost cancelled! Thanks for a great couple of days!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer units
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachelle P
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our villa accommodations, TreeTops and Fairway are designed for all to enjoy families, couples and singles alike.

We pride ourselves in offering many varied activities right on property so that families can enjoy quality time together or separately should you choose to do so.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in one of the beautiful newer units. Upon check in we found a safety hazard in the room, however I was impressed with the housekeeping supervisor and how she handled the situation. I did request to speak with the general manager, however he never contacted me during our week long stay. The children enjoyed the specialized kids activities and liked the staff. We will be returning again in March.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationmommie
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your November 2012 stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation and our location.

I do apologize for the issue you had in the villa upon check in, but am glad the Housekeeping Supervisor was able to assist you. I am unsure whom you left a message for asking to speak to the General Manager, and I apologize if a member of the management team failed to return your call. We are all very attentive and prompt in responding to guest phone calls.

We look forward to your next visit in March.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!