“Fun...fun...fun!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Connecticut
“Fun...fun...fun!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Our group of 7 just spent an amazing week at the villas. Our villa was clean, well appointed and came stocked with everything we needed. We were happy to find the corkscrew as we were traveling with 5 children. The potato masher came in handy as well. My only recommendation is to bring a non-stick pan with you if you are cooking pancakes or eggs. The cookware in the unit is not non-stick. The master bedroom was amazing with its whirlpool tub and sauna. The whole unit was spacious and had a great open floor plan. The maintenance staff was top notch. Kudos to Aaron who was at our unit 3 minutes after we called. He then replaced the garbage disposal that was leaking with a brand new one in 8 minutes. We were very impressed. The kids always had things to do. There was horseback riding( even though some of the kids had never ridden they were fine and loved it), snow tubing (the adults even had fun on the super fast hill), and the zip line and tree adventure was a nice new addition. We used the indoor heated pool daily and there were always plenty of fresh towels even on the busy weekend. The kids also loved activity central where they went to the ice cream social, made crafts, and played candy bingo. We were pleasantly surprised with the food at wintergreens. Everything we ordered was great. The kids dried their boots by the fireplace while they ate, then headed back for more tubing. We had a great vacation. On this trip we stayed in one of the newer units, however we have also stayed in the older units as well. While some of the furnishings in the older units may be outdated, we have always found the unit itself to be clean and in good repair. We are so glad we took a chance and ignored the negative reviews. We will return again in the fall!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank vacationmommie
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your wonderful experiences here at The Fernwood Resort. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one. Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns. We have been making significant improvements to the property and will be continuing to do so, so that we can accommodate our guests to the fullest and beyond. As you mentioned our location offers our guests the luxury of many different day trips, as well as many attractions located close to the resort. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the fall.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I am an owner there and have had more issues than I would like to mention. My fiancé and I had an issue when they booked someone else to our room and a man walked in on her naked..(well in a towel).. Also more recently we went to visit with friends and it was cold and snowing, we were sent to a villa that had a broken lock, instead of giving us another villa, we had to stand outside for 2 hours while several employees attempted to break into the door. after taking apart the door jam and after being near frost bitten they manage to brake the lock. They had no luck fixing the lock and gave us an option, either sleep with the door unlocked (no way) or lock us in. so we decided to be locked in. needless to say we were stuck in our villa until 1pm when they finally decided to send a pro to replace the lock. So word to the wise, before you unpack your luggage make sure you can get in your room..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Cartier1202
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here.

I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had made mention of. These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the room being released for check-in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion. I have passed along your concerns to our Senior Operations Manager as well as our Director of Guest Services to investigate.

I do hope that this experience will not influence your decision to stay with us again in the future. We at the Fernwood Resort expect all to enjoy the ultimate in vacationing experiences, and I am truly regretful that we were not able to provide this for you and your family this trip.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here along w/ my boyfriend for the weekend and I must say we had a good time here, however the room we stayed in needed a few upgrades as far as decór and that ugly dirty couch. I think this place has a lot of potential if they changed the interior. Those flower curtains and sheets are ugly, the rug needs to go & the pillows suck way too flat. I think if money was invested in the inside it would be much better. The guy who checked us in needs more customer service training due to not being very informative an just rushed the whole check in, but there was no one else on line, so we didn't understand why he didn't take the time to go over things with us.

• Stayed March 2014
7 Thank FlyAway1985
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are pleased to hear that you did have a good time.

We are currently working hard to improve our resort and have an aggressive villa improvement program in place and we are working hard to have the décor updated.

I would also like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. I have shared your comments with our Director of Guest Services, so that he may address all of the staff.

Thank you for your time sharing your thoughts
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have no words to describe how awful out overall experience with this resort has been.
Just stay away, steer away from the possibility of having the worst stay of your life!

The worst customer service (rude and very unattentive)
Amenities are terrible (pools, activities)
Let's not talk about the food they offer in their so called restaurants located in the resort.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank wendell v
We thank you for your feedback and apologize for your displeasure during your stay.

I would also like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. I have shared your comments with our Director of Guest Services, as well as our Director of Recreation so that they may address all of the staff.

Again we thank you for taking your time to give us your experience on your recent stay.

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Have been coming up for about 14 years... This year is the worst! Totally run down villas, holes in ceiling, cabinets peeling and burn marks. The owners of the property must not realize that it's 2014 not 1970. Major updates are needed! The restaurants and game room are closed. Heaters in pool broken, and the staff...they don't care about your complaints they just transfer you from line to line. Also Very icy they didn't shovel well. It's a shame!!! We used to love coming here!

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Dena L
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us.

I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. The items you listed should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the Villa being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I apologize for any shortfalls.

I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa in which you stayed, so that a thorough inspection can be completed. I can assure you that their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.

The restaurants and game room located at the Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center are separately owned and operated from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. Fernwood Resort’s restaurant, Wintergreens is located by our White Lighting Snowtubing Park and our game room is located at Valley Station in Tree Tops. I do apologize that you were not aware of their locations.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and concerns.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We did not participate in any activities while here, so this is strictly based on the accommodations.
Despite having walked past trash bags next to our walkway just outside the door. Unit 1083.. Our first impression of the condo was "not bad!" when we walked in the front door, but then we started to unpack. The kitchen cabinets were dirty inside and some of the doors were falling off the hinges. Cooking units worked well and were clean. The windowsill had major water damage that had been covered over with wallpaper which was peeling up due to the continued water damage.
The bathrooms were useable and had nice flooring, but tubs had hair in them and my son was grossed out. The. caulking was dirty and terrible and just made the overall appearance worse. The shower spigots were difficult to adjust for the right temp - too cool or too hot, but never just right.
Bedrooms were nice sized and the furniture was useable, but again, dirty inside the drawers...didn't want to put my clean clothes in a gritty drawer. Closet space was good, but no hangers! The walls were very thin and when we had neighbors move in we could hear their bedroom activities (yikes!) and music playing.
The common area was nice, but the small flat screen had a horrible grainy picture with a "ghosting" effect which made watching the Olympics annoying...imagine the ice skaters with trails behind them in the ice.
We had been asked if we were interested in viewing a timeshare presentation...after staying there there is no way I would want to buy into it! This worked for this trip, but I wouldn't plan to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Lpoust
Let me first offer my apologies for the frustrations you encountered while with us, as we make every effort to maintain our villas and Resort property in a clean and presentable fashion, your experiences were very upsetting to me.

After reading your review I asked our Housekeeping Manager to confirm the issues you listed have been cleaned properly. I am happy to report that this has been completed. I have also asked our Preventive Maintenance Team to inspect the windowsill and to make any necessary repairs.

Management is currently working on plans to address the continued growth and success of our resort. It is my sincere hope that in the future you will have the opportunity to experience the difference their efforts will surely make.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This us to be a great property, Staying here last weeks was Horrible from checking in finding room was just cleaned to pass the eye test.. I found juice containers and fruit snacks behind the dresser and night stands....Nothing was done till next day they offered to change my room and that room was in same condition.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 609jerome
Thank you for giving our resort a review. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. I have contacted the housekeeping department in regards to your experiences. I have reemphasized the imperative significance of customer service and attention to detail. I have been assured that these types of incidents would not occur again. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway realize that feedback is an essential tool in helping the company to continuously improve. We appreciate the time you took to write this review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,003 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!