“Honeymoon from Hell” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Brooklyn, New York
“Honeymoon from Hell”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My new husband and I went to the Tree Top Villas as a short getaway after our wedding. We check-in 8/22/2014 - 8/24/2014. Upon arrival @ 8:30pm, we were greeted by a friendly but uninformative front desk representative who did not ask for ID or Credit card. We were given room 4049B; once there we were greeted by several large spiders and other insects chilling on webs on the outside of the front door...once inside. The smell was horrible, the bed sheets was stained, the couch was broken and the smoke detector was literally hanging off the ceiling. I immediately call the front desk and was given room 1233B......smelled better but had mold all over the shower and the tub was filthy...needless to say we back to the front desk and was asked to see ID and Credit card and was told by one of the front desk people, that they have spiders and cobwebs over their house door and why are we worried. After two hours, we finally received room 4065B and was told just call from the front desk if we like the room... no need to come down and fill out new paper work, that room was ok..... cabinets was falling apart and we went to sleep to the sound of a self flushing toilet all night. We check out at 9am because we were told that was our check out, when we got to the front desk we were told that our check out was 12pm because were demonstration was at 12:30pm. All and all, we had all our own fun.....but never again.. will we visit this resort or what ever it was. Now I got a honeymoon horror story to tell.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Leona B
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay at our resort especially during your honeymoon.

I have shared you review with the Housekeeping Company that services our Resort, so that they may address the housekeeping staff on your observations and to stress that this is unacceptable service.

I have also contacted our Quality Assurance Team so that a thorough inspection can be done with regard to the items you listed. Their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS DISGUSTING DIRTY PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The carpets were all stained and everything was so old. There were BLOOD STAINS ON MY SHEETS and the girl who came to change it said the SUPERVISOR CLEANED MY ROOM........ I was totally disgusted and could not wait the entire two long nights to leave!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Thank Danaman85
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay at our resort.

I have shared you review with the Housekeeping Company that services our Resort, so that they may address the housekeeping staff on your observations. Their inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

We are continuously working hard to improve our resort. We hope to see you in the near future for a much better stay here the Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Bellingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just returned from "The Fairway Villas" units. We started in units 1673 & 1677, those rooms were unlivable, I went back to check in and was given 1646 & 1647 those were not much better. At least the smell was not in these rooms . I had my family of 10 with 3 Grandchildren.
Never again. Horrible, dirty, broken down.
Could not allow my grandchildren to stay in the filthy rooms. We left Wednesday, instead of Friday just could not continue with the conditions.
Example: Broken porches walking in to the rooms, broken refrigerator leaking on the floor, socks and shoes left under the bed from the previous tenants, bathroom had stains that were disgusting.
Tried to talk with management "General Manager". No where to be found. Communication at the location was horrible.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Michael M
White Plains
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This place should NOT even be consider a RESORT. It is FILTY, smelly, you can smell the mold, beds are so old that the mattresses sink in the middle, sheets are nasty, smelly, bathroom jet tub dirty and mildew all over and the bathroom a joke. The sofa bed had stains all over it and the mattress a yoga mat is thicker than the mattress. The springs pop out of the mattress. The STAFF at the front desk need and attitude adjustment. They should NOT be working the front desk. They are beyond rude!!! If you have a problem, good luck because a manager in NO where to be found. This place should be CLOSE for renovation and people should not be wasting there money at this awful place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Diana A
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
First and foremost I would like to apologize for the disappointments you encountered during your stay with us. I have forwarded your review to our Director of Guest Services regarding the level of customer care that you received, so that he may addressed the staff to ensure this experience is not repeated.

I have contacted the Housekeeping Company that services our Resort in regards to your experiences. I have also asked them to try and identify the villa in which you stayed so that a thorough inspection can be done and to also investigate why the items you listed were not completed prior to the villa being released for check-in.

The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway realize that feedback is an essential tool in helping the company to continuously improve.

We appreciate the time you took to write this review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Tree Top Villas with 2 boys and must say it was a very relaxing get away. The atmosphere is very relaxing. There were a few issues such as several lights not working in villa, running toilet in villa next door that woke me up throughout the nite, ice make in fridge not working, carpet and furniture cod be freshers, long wait for shuttle, activites very expensive, hard beds,flimsy and pillows and air conditioner not regulated. Freezing lower level and hot upper level. Overall though Villa has nice layout. The biggest complaint I have is that there is no Tmobile service out here so you have to pay $10 per day, per device for internet. Since I need my phone access, I had no choice but to pay this ridiculous fee thats was very pricey at $70 for my stay. They should offer free internet to guess, knowing service is a problem out here or at least some sort of discount. Although a few minor issues, we enjoyed our stay.

2 Thank Lisa B
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I have been owners of timeshare at Resorts USA for a long time. My husband and I started up at Timothy Lake then moved down the hill and became owners at Treetops. We upgraded several times and we have a two bedroom, one red week villa. We brought these before we even had kids, and now we have 3 kids. It has been years since we used our own timeshare. My parents are also owners. They own a 4 bedroom, with weeks and points so the last few times that I have been up I used my parents villa. I will never ever stay again in those two bedroom villas. The conditions were horrible. Where do I start?
Villa 1631 was the first villa the young lady put me in. This villa should never be offered to people. I called down to the front desk and was given 1682. It was slightly better than the first, but still horrible. The kitchen - old and dated. My daughter opened the kitchen drawer and it fell apart. Cabinets were dirty on the front.
Living Room - carpets badly stained and worn. I made sure everyone kept on shoes at all times. Curtain
hanging no pins to hold it up. Bathroom -vent hanging, lights flickering. My kids would not use it. This is not the type of place that I spent Thousands of Dollars to stay as a vacation spot years ago. It seems that you have to have a 3 or 4 bedroom in FAIRWAYS in order to have a decent villa. I am highly disappointed. We checked in on Saturday instead of Friday because my husband had to work Friday night. We were so tired Saturday when we got there we all sleep in our clothes. We checked out Sunday. The owners need to really find and spend the money to fixed up the two bedrooms. The young lady at the front desk never even smiled, she needs a class in remarkable customer service. If you are selling garbage at least you should have someone nice trying to sell it.

7 Thank Antoinette A
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I sincerely apologize for the disappointments you encountered during your stay with us. I can understand your concerns in having a clean unit and having the vacation you deserve. I have forwarded your review to the Housekeeping Company that services our resort, so that they may discuss your findings with their staff.

As for the level of Customer Service you received, I have spoken to our Guest Services Director so that he may address the staff to ensure this experience is not repeated. Our guests and our owners are a great value to our resort

Thank you for your time and review. We hope to see in the near future for a better experience here at The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

It was our second time at The Tree Tops. We brought some friends with us in hopes to interest them in becoming owners. Our Villa was very dirty. Used tea bags under the bed, ketchup smeared on the walls. Carpet so filthy our feet turned black. We took an extra 20 minutes checking out.... The front desk called to say it would be a full day charge and very rudely hung the phone up on me. I go to the front desk to ask to speak to a manager. I was told there was none available. The lady eventually put a manager on the phone. They apologized and were to call me back but they never have. I left 4 different messages. I am so disappointed. 4 different messages and 4 days later I still haven't heard from anyone!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamiemohi
First and foremost, please allow me to apologize for all of the frustrations encountered with your villa accommodations. Guest feedback is very important to us.

I have shared your review with the Housekeeping Company that services our Resort, so that they may discuss your review with their staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I would also like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. All of our staff are trained in customer care skills at initial employment. Recently, the management team attended a new and exciting program regarding Customer Care. Our entire resort staff will be required to complete this informative, customer-oriented course. I believe that all can benefit from this and it is a wonderful reminder that our guests are indeed visiting us by choice.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,975 reviews

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!