“Poconose Bleed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Granby, Connecticut
“Poconose Bleed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2009

We called the day before and were told of our accomidations at the Tree Tops, but we were put into the Fairway Villas when we got there. You had to wait an hour or more for check-in (on a Sunday). The rooms there were damp and moldy and kicked up my wife's and son's allergies big time. We had to drive to anything within the resort. The pools were always full and the mini-golf has bolders as the border which made for some unual bounces and off-course running. The A/C was not balanced properly as the basement would freeze unless you put the thermostat at 80. Their "fine" restaurant, Mama Bella, was high priced, but not as advertised. They couldn't even make angel hair pasta correctly. When asking to correct the problem, we were told it would take 30 minutes to make new pasta(???). One of the worst things is that they have people put their garbage outside of their unit which sometimes blocks the walking area and doesn't help the atmosphere. They drive trucks around the sidewalks to pick this garbage up. How about more trash containers and let people throw out their own trash!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Granby-Gobbler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

I arrived at the Tree Top Villa on Sunday, February 22, 2009. When I walked into my assigned villa, I couldn't believe my eyes. Everything about that villa was a disaster. The highest powerful dynamite would have been the correct thing to do to get them started on refurbishing, and I'm serious. I immediately called the front desk and requested a cleaner/updated model. The front desk clerk told me to come back to the service desk and she will assign me another room. Well, the second villa was livable. However, the bedroom furniture was not updated. The mattress on that bed had to be at least 20 years old. Everything in that bedroom and I mean everything needs to be thrown out, including the bed spread. The bathroom blinds needed to be cleaned or replaced, but replaced with me the better word to use. The pipes need some type of installation because when you turn the water on or flush the toilet all you here is knocking noises. The bottom line is that Tree Top Villa is in need for a major overhaul before they invite anybody else for a visit. I know I wouldn't recommend anyone to that resort until after the overhaul, and then that needs to be inspected after the overhaul. Oh, villa 1169-A does not need to be assigned to anybody until they upgrade everything in that villa. I hope nobody else have to experience a disaster such as that villa. Tree Top management needs to do a walk thru and shut down all the old villas.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cadillac05

Travellers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2009

We visited The Villas at Tree Tops & Fairway for Thanksgiving in November 2008. We are a family of 6 and were looking forward to a relaxing weekend stay. We stayed on a referral from a friend and were put in the Villas accomodations. When we entered the Villa it was like we stepped into the Twilight Zone. The place was full of outdated furniture from the 60's, everything was old and the place had a stale odor in the air. The dresser in the bedroom had mismatched knobs on it and the so called jacuzzi had chipped paint. The appliances were another monstrosity. The toaster only toasted on one side, the dishwasher looked like an animal had crawled up and died in it. Additionally, there was really no place nice on the property to grab a quick bite. They have a so called "food court" with a walk up Pizza Hut and Carvel etc. Not even a nice Deli to speak of. If we hadnt given a deposit which required our attendance at a timeshare presentation the next day, we would have left the very same evening we arrived. The fake fireplace looked like someone bled on it. The fake flowers looked like they hadn't been dusted in years. The sad part about it was that our whole family slept in our clothes and covered the pillows with our own shirts so as not to have our bodies touch any of the bedding. Not to mention that one of the hand towels in the bathroom had a stain on it and they still twisted it into a fun fan shape...what nerve.

This place was absolutely, positively in such poor taste that to be called an actual Villa should have been a crime! We complained to the timeshare staff about the accomodations and advised them that if they wanted to sell something, they might want to put people in much better accomodations. I wouldn't let my dog stay in that place and that is the truth! We checked out the very next day even though we had another night's stay.

The positive part about the whole experience was that when we arrived home, the entire family was so thankful to be sleeping in a clean, comfortable, beautiful home that it really helped us appreciate how blessed we are to have such a beautiful home. We left our home to go stay in the equivalent of a bad motel!!!

Shame on The Villas at Treetop for the audacity to even offer those accomodations up to anyone, no matter if they were free. The expectation that someone would buy anything from them after an experience like that is absurd!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
7 Thank playhard4life
Coral1068
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

After reading these scary reviews AFTER I booked my timeshare I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at Fernwood. We traveled all the way from FLorida and arrived on one of the coldest nights PA has had in 30 years!!! Check in was awesome...I had requested to get a unit that had been remodeld knowing they were in the process after reading reviews. We stayed at TreeTops in a 1 bedroom. Well the unti I would not call remodeled but there was new carpeting and new furniture and you could tell they tiled the bathrooms. Overall, was fine, I am really anal about cleaning rooms so a quick wipedown with Lysol did the trick.
My kids had never seen snow so this was the perfect weekend to come up to the Poconos!! They were sledding in the backyard!!! We also went tubing..The only real downfall was that after all is said and done there is NOTHING to do..my hubby and I hung out at the Trolley Loung (which has GREAT chicken wings!!) while the kids were in the gameroom but other than that and playing outside,skiing,etc, there is no nightlife and NOTHING available during the day. We even took a ride to the outlet shops one day..This of course is not the resorts fault and there is probably more to do when it is not snowing and freezing!!!
Overall we were happy we stayed there but would probably pick another area next time due to lack of activities.

• Disliked — Located in Bushkill where there is nothing to do !!!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Coral1068
Milton, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2009

Here is the deal. This is not a 5 star or 4 star resort, but neither are the prices. You pretty much get what you pay for here.

We rented the 2 bedroom villa. I loved the lay out of condo. Plenty of room. Especially liked having a washer and dryer to handle all snowy/wet clothes/outerwear. The villa was a little bit dated but clean.

My biggest complaint was check in, I waited almost 45 minutes in line to do the same.

We had a great time at the tubing hill and my son and his friend loved sledding in the backyard of our villa.

We will go back again. It was an economical getaway for us.

• Liked — Plenty of room.
  • Disliked — Decor a little bit dated.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jmom99
Marlton,NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

To tell you the truth, I was so worried about staying at Fernwood after reading numerous reviews. I planned a week-end with 15 friends and some stayed at the hotel while others rented a villa. I was one that stayed at the villa and we had a blast. The villa was in pretty good shape.(ask for a villa in the 3400's) You can never expect much from a Pocono Resort but Fernwood held its own.
We had breakfast at the Jukebox Diner and it was good and cheap. I am a germ freak, I brought my own Lysol wipes and wiped everything down but it was pretty clean. The food court was small but clean. The hotel rooms were a little old but the furniture has been updated. Overall, we had a really nice time.
You just need to remind yourself that it's the Poconos not some Aspen resort. We will be going back!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christine68
Brooklyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2008

I don't know where to start and I am trying to be fair and maybe not think that I expected too much, but here goes. We got to check in about 7PM. I was with my wife and four girls and we were all looking forward to a great time there. From what we were told by Tree Tops on the phone and by what we saw on their website we thought we were going to have a great weekend getaway. Check in was quick, but after check in is when I started feeling like I was in a movie by M. Night Shyamalan. The hotel was dingy and the food at the hotel was not good at all. After eating the food all i could do was pray that we wouldn't get sick. Also the hotel was very crowded. There were a lot of groups of people in vans and im not too sure exactly why they were there. It just felt weird.

After we ate we went to the game room which made my M. Night Shyamalan feeling even worse. It was dark and the games were old and broken. We stayed in a loft type spot and didn't do anything else but watch TV. There was nothing else to do. The next morning I had to sit in on a presentation to see if i wanted to purchase a timeshare. I went there thinking I would give it a chance and listen to the presentation. I had to sit and listen to a sales pitch for two hours and things just didn't make sense to me. I felt pressured into having to buy something and it just didnt feel right. After the presentation I was not too happy. I packed everything and took my girls back home. Needless to say we were all very disappointed.

Not for me.

• Disliked — There seemed to be a hidden cost for everything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank thecheckwriter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,984 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!