“not sensitive to ADA issues”

Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bushkill
Philadelphia
“not sensitive to ADA issues”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Tried to use the "ADA" shower in a king suite...shower seat would not open up as I stood ready to use the shower--it took the force of a fully able bodied person to push the seat down. When brought to the manager's attention, they showed little care of concern as to why this would be a safety hazard and a potential violation of ADA. No room service in spite of an on premise restaurant. Layout of hotel difficult to navigate and has poor signage. Restaurant servers told us of being berated by the chef for returning poorly prepared food items. Overall a very disappointing experience and will not return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank recruitsvc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Washingtonville, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great place, check it out if you are in the Poconos. Pool was great, cute bar with an awesome guitar player. Plenty of courteous staff, will go again soon, bring the kids, or go alone, glad someone re-opened this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LisaNY845
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went to the inn for a conference. I made the room reservation 4 months in advance and was sharing a room with a friend, told the reservationist this. When I went to check in, they had given my friend both keys. I had to wait 15 minuted while they made me an actual new key, out of metal. Was told by front desk when I checked in that I was in rm 434. I went to the 4th fl and searched for my room for 20 minutes before someone told me my room was a cabin outside because the staff never bothered to tell me. At the beginning of the first cocktail hour the bar was out of gingerale and sprite and the the bartender actually glared at me when I asked for an empty glass and said I would fill it with water in the bathroom - if you cant stock your bar dont get mad at me when I go and get my own drink. The worst was yet to come, at dinner, in the banquet room, we had speakers - but the wait staff and kitchen staff were HORRIBLE! They were horrifically noisy in the kitchen yelling, banging dishes- and there was no door to shut between the dining room and kitchen so we could hear everything- but we could not hear our speakers over the din. 4 times folks went back to ask them to be quiet - they ignored us. That was the first dinner. They were a litttle better at breakfast but back at it again by lunch and the following dinner - and it was the same staff- we should get money back from the hotel - they ruined every speach. The worst was yet to come. After my roommate took her shower - I filled up the beautiful jetted tub for a long hot bath - I only used the hot water - I could not wait to get in. Unfortunately it was ice cold. I didnt bother calling the staff. If they cant stock their bar or train their staff I figured there was no hope of fixing the hot water in any reasonable time. Would never EVER go back here. Would never ever go to another conference here again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Fernwood- down the road- friends stayed there and said it was great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Sue B
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Just got back and all I have to say are excellent things about this hotel. This is the 4th time we went there and every time was upgraded to a suite. The hotel is so beautiful and very well maintained done to every detail. Breakfast at the Steak House was delicious but we have had breakfast in the main dining room in the past and it to was delicious. Everything is so clean and the suites are really nice. Thanks again for always making our stay special and going that extra mile.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank AnnMarie208
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I am from the area and I cannot believe how I missed this place before!!!! It was outstanding! CLEAN, quiet and the food at "the Steakhouse" was incredible!!!! The service is outstanding! The GM actually stopped by out table to ensure everything was exceeding our expectation! What a personal touch!

A MUST IN THE POCONOS! Get the filet!!! They prepare it and serve with perfection! And don't forget the homemade dessert!

I will be a regular here, no doubt about it!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
new jersey
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place was clean and the rooms were very nice, but a little customer service would go a long way.

My husband and I stayed for 3 days with our baby. Less than a week before our trip my husband received an email saying that due to low occupancy there would be no food or drink on the premises during our stay. Since we were traveling with a baby, this was a major inconvenience and due to the late notice, we could not change our plans. When we tried to contact the manager who emailed us, we could not get in contact with her. Several phone calls, a voice mail and an email later we finally got a response. They did change their plans and had the steakhouse open for a couple nights. However, there was no breakfast or lunch offered. The tone of the email wasn't very friendly and there was never an apology for the inconvenience, instead it kind of felt like we were the inconvenience.

We purchased this as a travelzoo deal and it was supposed to come with a credit for the spa. We never got the credit.

The hotel itself is very nice. I appreciated the clean rooms and the comfortable beds. The bathrooms have heated floors and the pool is beautiful too. Since it was the winter, there wasn't much to do, but I get the feeling that in the spring or summer this is a great place for families with several activity options. At check in, we weren't given any information about the hotel. We were just handed some papers and our keys. We walked around for quite a while trying to find where things were, and luckily we ran into an employee who directed us.

Overall, this place is nice and clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sed22
new jersey
Reviewed 8 March 2014

2nd time staying at the Bushkill inn since it opened.Postives- clean spacious room,comfortable beds ,beautiful bath.Indoor pool nicely heated on cold day and hot tub was enjoyable. Negatives -pool showing cracks in siding as well as peeling on bottom. Recreation amenities slipping as well ,pool tables with ripped felt,ping pong tables with broken nets. No real on site food options for families .Overpriced steakhouse and separate bar lounge with same menu.No snack bar or family friendly options. Lots of wasted space lobby bar not used big foyer with nothing going on. Need to start upgrading there product.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank integer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Bushkill Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!