“Paved paradise put up a parking lot”

Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bushkill
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had the unfortunate experience of staying here June 11th and 12. We checked in and the place was dead and all closed up. We found out only 3 accommodations were being used. We went to the rear parking area to get to the 3rd floor. The entry was worn and dirty cigarette butts filled the containers but no one was there. We arrived at our suite and it was very nice and clean. It appeared to have been redone. TV in the bathroom mirror, Kurig coffee pot, large bar with 2 fridges. Nothing was open, only one bar where you could get drinks and food. We did neither. We were told it was the "mud" season and that was why they had no guests. I could go on and on. my question why would they take reservations when there was nothing to enjoy or take part. There were just paved parking lots everywhere. Not my idea of enjoyable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tkwitha

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I go to fancy hotels very often. Rarely do u have a full staff of nice kind people from checking in to room service. From game room addendent to GM. The rooms are out of this world from the massive beds to the massive TV and heated floors with fridge and keurig machine with all k cups u need. The cleanliness is super I wud compare to the OMNI or Waldorf in a flash. The food is unreal I met the chamber of commerce in that were he told me its the best steakhouse in PA. The elegance and ambiance of a resort to be found in that area is not at all common except for the Bushkill inn I advise all to go there try it out ull be amazed with wat u see I myself have been. there around ten times from the king suite to cabins and all in between enjoy Ur stay

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Jj G
Reviewed 8 June 2014

you have to go to the third floor to get to your first floor room.. Or walk quite a distance outside. This has been the worst layout I have seen

Also, when I arrived at the room I was assigned, the chambermaid was using the toilet for an extended time and there was a sickening odor in the whole room

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank S2kman
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's a great place to take your family. The kids were busy in the pool or playing basketball or tennis. The only downside is that most of the staff had no knowledge of anything. They were of little help but we were able to manage on our own. Only one of the vending machines worked which was inconvenient but overall it was clean and the junior suite was the perfect size for a family of five.

Room Tip: The junior suite was great because it was spacious and just perfect for 5.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margarita B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Tried to use the "ADA" shower in a king suite...shower seat would not open up as I stood ready to use the shower--it took the force of a fully able bodied person to push the seat down. When brought to the manager's attention, they showed little care of concern as to why this would be a safety hazard and a potential violation of ADA. No room service in spite of an on premise restaurant. Layout of hotel difficult to navigate and has poor signage. Restaurant servers told us of being berated by the chef for returning poorly prepared food items. Overall a very disappointing experience and will not return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank recruitsvc
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great place, check it out if you are in the Poconos. Pool was great, cute bar with an awesome guitar player. Plenty of courteous staff, will go again soon, bring the kids, or go alone, glad someone re-opened this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaNY845
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went to the inn for a conference. I made the room reservation 4 months in advance and was sharing a room with a friend, told the reservationist this. When I went to check in, they had given my friend both keys. I had to wait 15 minuted while they made me an actual new key, out of metal. Was told by front desk when I checked in that I was in rm 434. I went to the 4th fl and searched for my room for 20 minutes before someone told me my room was a cabin outside because the staff never bothered to tell me. At the beginning of the first cocktail hour the bar was out of gingerale and sprite and the the bartender actually glared at me when I asked for an empty glass and said I would fill it with water in the bathroom - if you cant stock your bar dont get mad at me when I go and get my own drink. The worst was yet to come, at dinner, in the banquet room, we had speakers - but the wait staff and kitchen staff were HORRIBLE! They were horrifically noisy in the kitchen yelling, banging dishes- and there was no door to shut between the dining room and kitchen so we could hear everything- but we could not hear our speakers over the din. 4 times folks went back to ask them to be quiet - they ignored us. That was the first dinner. They were a litttle better at breakfast but back at it again by lunch and the following dinner - and it was the same staff- we should get money back from the hotel - they ruined every speach. The worst was yet to come. After my roommate took her shower - I filled up the beautiful jetted tub for a long hot bath - I only used the hot water - I could not wait to get in. Unfortunately it was ice cold. I didnt bother calling the staff. If they cant stock their bar or train their staff I figured there was no hope of fixing the hot water in any reasonable time. Would never EVER go back here. Would never ever go to another conference here again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Fernwood- down the road- friends stayed there and said it was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Sue B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Bushkill Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!