“Filled with Kindness”

Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
“Filled with Kindness”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just want to take a moment to thank the staff at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem for their kindness. We were staying here for my son's 5th birthday for a trip to Dorney Park. One of the managers Caitlin reached out via email before our visit to see if there's was anything that could be done to make our stay special. That was a lovely gesture that I really appreciated. I let her know that it was my son's birthday and asked if it was possible that they put in a couple balloons and maybe some chocolate chip cookies. Amazingly, the request was granted. To me this exemplifies customer service, how to make the consumer feel special and best practices for ensuring that I will return to this property. Thank you all very much for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Erika E
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Erika,

On behalf of the entire Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley team Happy 5th Birthday to your son!

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. Creating memorable experiences so that our guests tell stories about it is what Residence Inn by Marriott brand thrives on! On your next trip to the Lehigh Valley area book our Crayola Experience package; a colorful treat that he is sure to enjoy! We hope to see you again soon!

Tyran Woolridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I tend to stay at various hotels via my corporate booking. I stayed there (7/17 - 7/22/14) and it was horrible! The staff was very cranky in comparison to other Marriott hotels. The food was less than par (considering they ran out of food most days and when there was food, it was cold). The servers have a sour puss on their faces and clearly do not enjoy their jobs! No warm feeling of hospitality there! When I told the Manager, he could care less if there was enough food and he stated that he ordered enough. Example- "Taco Night" was last night and they ran out of cheese, salsa, and re-fried beans. Unacceptable! Housekeeping did not do a very good job and seemed to get annoyed if I asked for extra towels or dish soap. There was a dog in Room 205 howling all day and night as well as another dog in 221 barking non stop! I again alerted management and they didn't seem to care that it was happening. The noise from the highway was unbearable so if you need rest, rest assured you will NOT get it at this hotel! I will NEVER stay at this location again!

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Miriam C
Dear Miriam,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience during your recent stay and I appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at Tyran.Woolridge@marriott.com if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the Lehigh Valley area that you will re-visit our hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed at this location several times over the years. The staff have always been friendly and the accommodations are comfortable. The property was remodeled a couple of years ago and it still feels fresh and clean. The location is conveniently close to the airport (and a MUCH better offering than the hotels that are directly across from the airport entrance) and easy access to the highway. Their free breakfast has a larger selection than most hotels. This is one of the best hotels in the Lehigh Valley.

Also - for a little local flavor, try Yocco's hot dog restaurant located in the shopping center just across the way. A very unique style of hot dog and a local institution. The Beef Baron, located in another small shopping center adjacent to the hotel has also been around forever and is a solid, low-key, locals pub with a small menu of simply good food and they typically stay open very late.

Room Tip: Building "B" is a little farther away from the highway and the pool area. However, I have...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Spiderquadrifoglio
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Spiderquadrifoglio,

Your review was so meaningful to our team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! From reading your review it seems that you love the local flare! If you are looking for a spot to see great music and an amazing local event of Bethlehem; come back to see some great artist perform at Musikfest on the Steel Stacks Stage!

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Marriott hotels can be hit or miss, but this one is on its A game. Excellent friendly staff. Clean, well kept room, and decent breakfast. Although, stayed during replacing roof (going on through the month of June), the hotel provided noticed and not an issue unless you expect to sleep in past 8AM during week or 9AM on weekend. Asked for late check-out and despite a busy day was accommodating and only asked that I let them know if i left earlier then planned which i did. Breakfast was fine (free breakfasts are never excellent, but can be awful). A nice variety of fruit, cereal, yogurt, juices and yes eggs and sausage. Location is excellent as it is off the main highway and near convenient stores such as CVS and Dunkin Donuts. Yes, as others have mentioned, it is 3 separate buildings, but not a real issue as you can park nearer to a convenient entrance and not a large hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Evon H
Evon H,

I really appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts about your stay at the Residence Inn. You are absolutely right; our location is quite amazing and surrounded by many convenient restaurants; parks, shopping and the Lehigh Valley Airport. Thank you for noticing our efforts of effective communication in regards to our roofing project. 80% of the work is completed and we are on schedule to be completed sooner than estimated. I am happy to hear that the employees you interacted with met your level of expectations when it comes to service and you truly enjoyed our breakfast although of course there is always area for opportunity. We hope that you visit us again. Thank you!

Ama, Japan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We found the Residence Inn to be in a great location in a very clean and safe environment. The staff was exceptional and very accommodating and the price to value was excellent. We look forward to returning in the near future.

Room Tip: All rooms were great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John S
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
John S,

Your details will help some many other guests make an informed decision about visiting us when their travels find them in the Lehigh Valley area! I appreciate you feedback and certainly look forward to serving you on your next visit. If your travels find you back in Allentown/Bethlehem you don't want to miss Musikfest in August with performances such as Jason Derulo, The All American Rejects and Weezer on the Sands Steel Stage!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed recently with my family. First let me say this hotel was designed in an odd way. There is a building with rooms on the left, a building with rooms on the right, and a building in the front center where the lobby and breakfast area is located. None of these buildings are connected with one another. During a non rainy summer, there is no problem. However when it is raining or freezing, you have to go outside in said weather in order to get your breakfast. Also, there is no portico in front of the lobby which is bad if it is raining when you want to check in. Let me also state that the pool is located outside which is a great location in Florida, but in Pennsylvania that means it is only open during the warmer part of the year.

I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast selection. I haven't before been to a hotel that offered vegetarian sausage patties so a definite thumbs up for that. Finally vegetarians have a protein option for breakfast, although not for the light dinner they provide. On the negative side, the weekday breakfast serving hours are quite short, 6:30-9:00. Having just stayed at a hotel with 6:00-10:00 breakfast hours, that was quite disappointing. The first morning we were dead tired and didn't get up until 9:00 expecting the buffet to still be open (our fault for not checking). Another morning I had to leave early for a meeting and the buffet wasn't open yet.

In conclusion, the individuals working there are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, the breakfast food is good, but bad breakfast hours and a strange hotel layout with an outdoor pool keep it from getting higher marks.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bostonian_Tom
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Bostonian_Tom,

Thank you for sharing your experience! In reading your review it sounds like an overall enjoyable trip with the family!

I noticed that you shared a few concerns with the property layout. Residence Inn is an Extended Stay option under the Marriott umbrella. The detached buildings are part of the designed to give room to spread out and enjoy all the comforts of a home away from home feeling. Yes, during times where the weather may be a factor the layout can indeed become something to think about. Our guests have the convenience of driving right up to the door front of their rooms which allows easier access.

Thank you for noticing our efforts to provide vegetarian options during our meal times. We try to offer vegetarian options at Breakfast as well as our Evening Social Experience. It has been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you ever want to sleep in late don't hesitate to contact one of our veteran team members and we can pack you up a breakfast to pick up at your leisure! Please remember as Service Experts, it is our pleasure to serve you and your satisfaction and faith that we can make life easier while on the road is what helps us THRIVE!

We hope to see you again when traveling to the Lehigh Valley area!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My team has been meeting at the Residence Inn conference room on a monthly basis for more than a year. The staff is always friendly and willing to accommodate specific meeting needs. The breakfast area is a great place to 'break out' for individual or small group discussions. Out of town attendees also stay here and I hear good feedback from them. If you have need for 'off site' meetings, I'd urge you to consider this venue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Steven C
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Steven C,

Thank you for your review! I will be sure to share your kind words with our Events Specialist! With all those meetings scheduled it may be tight but I would love to meet you in person one day so feel free to come by as my door is always open!

Small Meetings. No Small Matter