“Always a good stay”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Matthews, North Carolina
“Always a good stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stay in Bethlehem a couple of times a year and have never had a bad experience. Tucked away in the quiet after driving through Harrisburg and Allentown it is such a nice place to relax with lots of good restaurants in the area too. We love walking across the street to Wegmans and browse or grab something for the road the next day. Staying at the Hampton in Bethlehem is not only a relaxing stay but handy to so many things.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 2-Travelers-NC
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I'm glad to hear you've always enjoyed your stays here and like our location so much. Thank you for your compliments. We promise we'll keep taking great care of you. Please keep coming back to see us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem while attending the Junior Open House for Lehigh University. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The staff member discussed the area with us and helped to suggest some restaurants for dinner. She was very knowledgeable about different cuisines and options.

Our room was lovely and extremely clean. We had a whirlpool room which my daughter's thoroughly enjoyed! We went down too the pool area and they had a blast there! They even made some new friends while swimming.

The breakfast we very yummy. It was probably one of the best Hampton Inn breakfasts that we have had in awhile. We have been visiting Hampton Inns up and down the Northeast visiting various colleges this Fall and Spring so we have stayed at a fair share.

After returning home we realized that my daughter had forgotten her new bottle of Clinque moisturizer at the hotel. I called the front desk on Tuesday morning. The staff member was very helpful and put me in touch with their housekeeping staff. They found the bottle and offered to mail it to our home. I am happy to say that it arrived over the weekend wrapped very securely. I cannot thank the staff enough! I will definitely stay in the Hampton Inn and Suites in Bethlehem again.

Room Tip: Pick a whirlpool room. They are great!
2 Thank Matecha
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
We greatly appreciate your lovely compliments about how well our staff took care of you and your family during your stay and how clean your room was. I'm glad your family enjoyed the pool and the breakfast and that we were able to help you with your dinner plans. We have recently upgraded our lobby space to make your next stay even better and look forward to seeing you all here again soon!
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I found my experience very good. The only issue I had was the front lobby is under construction. This is also the area where the breakfast would be served. The breakfast was served in a Hotel room and you then took the food into another hotel room that had 3 tables set up with a TV. It was not dirty just not a pleasant area to have breakfast. I was able to see where breakfast would have been served from the swimmng pool and it looked nice. I would wait unti the construction is complete before booking in this Hampton Inn. The Staff were very polite and helpfull. The Hotel is close to the City of Bethlehem(10 Minute drive) which is a cute little town to visit. We had a very good dinner at the Bethlehem Brewary. It is also 15 minute drive to the Sands Casino and 20 minutes to Blue Mountain.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank James M
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry our breakfast service wasn't quite as good as usual because of our lobby being redone. Now that everything is complete, we'd love to have you come back and see how nice it is. Please reach out to me directly and I'll make special arrangements for you. Thanks again!
chapel hill NC
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This Hampton Inn had the standard nice Hampton Inn Rooms. The Service was helpful and freindly. The Property is under rennovation and this detracts from the expereince and value of the stay. The entire lobby, food service area, and lounge were all wrapped in plastic going two floors up. The alternate eating area and lounge were tiny and not inviting. There was no warning that the hotel was under renovation.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if renovations on hotel are complete.
1 Thank Jeanne T
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Thank you for your compliments about our service and your high ratings for service and cleanliness. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay because of the lobby being upgraded. We did have an alert on the website and sent emails to all arriving guests letting everyone know that we were renovating our space. I apologize if this did not come to you. Please reach out to me directly. I'd like to work with you to set this right and earn your future business.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Had a great experience at this hotel during my stay. Even though the main lobby was under construction, the only thing i saw was a black tarp over the construction. There was no mess scattered about. The staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. There was a customer lounge stocked w/ free water, soda and snacks. Hotel was super quiet. Pool was nice and clean. The room was very clean and was very modern. I meant to check out the wi-fi, but forgot to. The free continental breakfast in the morning was well stocked and great to start out the day. Check out was super fast and I couldn't have had a better experience. I will surely stay there again on my next visit. Great Job! Super Satisfied! A+

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Brian,

Thank you very much for writing this great review about your stay with us and how much you enjoyed the clean room, friendly staff, pool and breakfast offerings. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much even while the lobby was unavailable. We are very proud of how nicely the lobby upgrades turned out and would love to have you come back and check them out. It is an honor and a privilege to have guests like you tell us how much you appreciate our work. Please visit us again very soon!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Super location and an absolutely ship-shape hotel. The front desk manager (Dawn) could not have been more welcoming - thank you! My room had a Jacuzzi, fireplace and kitchen. Everything was in perfect working order - which was great because I had a long night of work ahead. I was surprised to see more than the basic tv channels available, too. This location is ideal for getting on and off the interstate, while still offering a really quiet setting. There's a Wegmans just across the street, which offers an economical dinner option (handy for the rooms with kitchens). One thing to be aware of, though - the gas prices at the off brand station right aside of the hotel are astronomical, so get gas there only if you are driving on fumes.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MelBeSe S
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for your five star review of our hotel and for your compliments about our location and service. We are lucky to have guests like you and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay. I will be sure to let Dawn know much you appreciated the warm welcome - she is a joy to work with and makes our guests feel at home. Our new Perfect Mix Lobby has more warmth and comforts to make your next stay even better and we hope to see you again here very soon!
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The A/B/E area is where I stop when I travel to New England. There are many choices for rooms in the upper quality motel chains in the area. I gravitate to Hampton Inns because I have yet to have a bad experience with any of them. While this is one is on US 22, rather than I-78, it made absolutely no difference in travel time. I was pleased to find the usual Hampton amenities, i.e. the free breakfast, free high speed internet and ample parking, together with clean, bright bathrooms, comfortable beds and friendly staff. The Hilton booking system makes reservations, check-in and check-out a breeze.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank threenewfies
Thank you for telling us about your excellent stay here. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit and feel at home with Hampton and with our staff here in Bethlehem. We've recently upgraded our lobby and would love for you to come back soon and see everything we've done to make the place extra special.