Fairfield Inn & Suites Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
New York City, New York
“Great Value and Service”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My soccer team from NYC stayed here over Labor Day weekend and had a great experience. The rooms were large and clean and the staff was excellent. Special shout out to Peggy for arranging the block of rooms and providing the finest service. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
PeggyGodfrey, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Jeremy,
It is a pleasure to work with groups to accommodate their lodging needs. Thank you for staying with us. Our staff and I always take pride in providing the best service in Allentown, PA.
Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott for your lodging needs and we look forward to hosting your group again next year.
Peggy
PS. Thank you for the shout out!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Truth here guys, well the latest trip took me to Allentown in PA
As usual a Marriott hotel, upon entry nice reception, welcoming & friendly staff.
Room very nice & clean, a little small actually but we were only there for 1 night any longer I think I would have asked if they ad bigger rooms.
Free breakfast not so good they ran out of food :-(
Pool area nice outdoor pool but Jaccuzzi broken.
Good location, I would stay again but there are so many right next day I might try another sorry Marriott.
Still you got a good review but not the best Marriott I have stayed at

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear TruthRUS;
Thank you for staying with us. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. Our guests come to expect us to give them the best complimentary HOT breakfast, outdoor pool & whirlpool and the many other ameniteis. Unfortunately, we had several large groups in town for a soccer tournament and the demand to refill our breakfast items were very overwhelming to our Breakfast Ambassador. Our whirlpool was broke during the week and we are waiting on a replacement part. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further at 610-867-8681.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope when back in Allentown, PA you will give us another try.
Safe travels,
New York
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here one night, booked through Priceline and got a pretty good price. I read the reviews and they were for the most part favorable. So I was not too concerned that I would be disappointed. But I was. The place was clean, the staff was friendly, got my bottle of water at check in....more about check in later. The room was clean, no real complaints except maybe the paper thin walls that allowed one to hear what was going on upstairs, next door, by the elevator..etc. I decided to go out to the pool, here is where my difficulties lay. The pool is outside as is the hot tub, I didn't have a problem with that, although if it were enclosed I think customers would like that a bit more. There is obviously no lifeguard on duty, however I think the staff should at least monitor just what goes on out there. Two families commandeered the entire area, along with their cooler full of beer, in glass bottles. Everyone knows the rule of no glass by the pool. Their kids were like animals, outside of a classroom I have never seen such ill behaved children. Seriously. Very unpleasant. I figured I would try to fit a swim in later, after dinner I went to the pool, this time it was a bunch of men who were actually grilling on a tabletop grill. It would seem to be that there would be a fire code violation in there somewhere. But there they were grilling away, along with their beer BOTTLES. Needless to say I never did get to use the pool or hot tub. Breakfast the next morning was nice, the scrambled eggs were quite good. Everything was warm, clean and nicely laid out. However, when I got home I decided to check by bank statement. Please be aware that they DO charge you twenty dollars at check in for incidentals. Apparently there is a sign, I did not see it on my four trips to the front desk. Because of the charge for incidentals(which you do get back) I had two overdrafts with my account. I called my bank, then the Fairfield. I was pretty angry, the woman who answered transferred me to the general manager, Jeff I believe. With a conference call the matter was resolved. However, one note, the lady at the desk told me the charge would be off within 3-5 business days, the general manager claimed it should have been off as soon as I checked out. Hmmm. But, the matter was resolved favorably. If she had told me that they were charging for incidentals I would have not gone hog wild shopping the next day, but she never mentioned it at all. Alls well that ends well. On the whole its an all right place, the pool area was a disappointment, but it did have the bonus of a hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 220, you'll have a view of the stucco wall and right next to the elevator...
Dear Lisa B;
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for not providing your stay with confident service. We agree that since there is no lifeguard on duty we should be checking the pool area hourly. We are reviewing where our systems have failed you and are proactively looking for resolutions to ensure that our guests get the best value & service for their stay with us.
Please fee free to contact me if you would like to discuss things further. Thank you again for your candid comments.
Travel Safe,
610-867-0479
Central Mass
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Tennessee and boy, did we pick the right place. We thought it would be a quick little jaunt from CMass to Bethlehem. We did not count on a 30 mile traffic jam on I-78. Our 4 hour drive stretched to 6 and we were cranky and exhausted. Ana to the rescue! We were lucky enough to have Ana check us in and she was great. She gave us some bottled water and upgraded our room after hearing our travel story.The room she gave us was clean and huge! The area with the couch was very, very spacious. The king bed was decent. The breakfast was typical. But special thanks to Ana for making us very happy!

Dear Al A:
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have passed your comments to our management team so we can recognize Ana for her great service. The Allentown/Bethlehem Fairfield Inn & Suites will continue to do everything possible to make sure stay a great one.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel is wonderful. Very clean. No carpet stains. Staff is thoughtful and caring. Room is large Nd quiet real fast included scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon plus the normal breakfast foods. Also there is a bowl of fresh food, water,leon, cantaloupe, grapes, etc. this hotel is close to the Leigh valley airport and offers a free shuttle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
PeggyGodfrey, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear lubert;
We are thrilled that you find our hotel upgrades pleasurable. We work very hard to ensure every guests get the best service and amenties for their lodging dollar. With the addition of our fresh fruit, new designed, HOT breakfast and much more we will continue to do everything possible to earn your goodwill and trust.
Thank you again for staying with us. Safe travels.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hotel was recently renovated (June 2013) Clean, easy to find. We stayed for a family reunion and did not explore are, but the hotel was clean, comfortable beds, free breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially Allia at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank flammer
Dear flammer;
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with valuable feedback. I have passed your comments on to the management staff, as well as Alia. It is always nice to hear that our staff's hardwork is appreciated. Please visit again soon.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently to go to Dorney Park they had good prices and the front desk staff was excellent! It was a good location for Dorney Park about a ten minute drive. They have a free shuttle available for places within 5 miles. The rooms were updated, clean and very comfortable. I ended up extending for a second night and the were very nice and accommodating. They gave me a late check-out of 2pm without any problem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R0adtripping
Dear R0adtripping;
Thank you for staying with us. Our new redesign, HOT breakfast, & great staff always welcomes our guests. New this year is our 8 passenger shuttle and it gets our guests where they need to be on time.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!