“Everything I Need”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Comfort Suites University was recommended to me by my coworker, and I'm so glad I decided to stay here. I found a great deal online, and booked a room for 5 nights - the most I've ever stayed in a hotel in my life! I came up for a conference, and the hotel is perfectly situated to everything I need - restaurants, bars, places to run (the towpath), and cool cultural stuff (the Steel Stacks).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for such a positive review. Our location does lend well to multiple night stays. I hope the conference was a success for you. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Bethlehem.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a great hotel in an excellent location. The rooms were clean and large - a great value for the price. The staff was very attentive, the free wi-fi was blazing fast, and the free breakfast every morning was incredible. Can't believe that we received all of that for such a low rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. Our staff service is what we pride ourselves on. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We have stayed at this property many, many times. Each and every time it has been great. I cannot say that we had a good experience on this trip. When we were checking in, there was all sorts of commotion, unrelated to our check-in going on behind the counter. It had to do with another guest, and everyone behind the counter had become involved in whatever the issue was. We stood there unattended throughout this commotion. One of the main reasons that we come here is to take the shuttle to the Sands casino and to relax back in the bar at the hotel. We were told that the shuttle runs every hour upon request. Then when we got on the shuttle to go to the casino, we were told that the shuttle would not be running between 9pm and 11pm. At 10:00 pm we were ready to go back to the hotel and phoned for the 11 pm shuttle. When the shuttle arrived we began walking towards it, and this whole mob of people rushed the van. We could not get on, so we had to wait in the freezing cold for the shuttle to come and go to the hotel, this took 30 minutes. When the shuttle came back, although we were in line....again a whole group began rushing the van and crowding in to the van in a very dangerous way. I must give credit to the shuttle driver, as she took control of the situation and put people off the shuttle. When I got back to the hotel, I did complain to management and they gave us a 20 buck credit to the room. Don't think I will be going back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

I would like to apologize for the way you were treated at check-in. We will discuss this as this is not our policy. All guests should be greeted upon approaching the desk. I am sorry about the shuttle and the overcrowding. We do hope that you will come back and stay again. Please contact David Urban to book your next stay.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I am usually please with Comfort Suites but not this time. We arrived very late and very weary. The lobby smelled bad, the room was old and small and cold. The hot food servers were empty in the morning. Coffee was empty...no more batter for the waffle iron. I guess there was a rush on breakfast but they could not keep up. The room was cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for but this was an unusual experience for Comfort Suites. Would not choose this again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

I am sorry you viewed our hotel so poorly. I want you to be aware that we are planning major renovations and they will be done in stages throughout the next couple of years. I will address the service issue related to our breakfast. We would like for you to give us another try. Please contact me directly to make your reservation.

David Urban

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel is very pleasant and affordable. The staff are friendly, professional, and helpful. The Continental Breakfast is awesome. In addition, the location is very convenient. If you plan to stay for a period of time, it is more afforable to book through Expedia. Parking is no cost. Although, I am a pet lover, I do not like the idea that they do allow pets in the rooms. But, the exceptional service and cleanliness of the hotel outweighs my personal view in this area. Again, we do plan to stay at the Comfort Suites University, again.

Room Tip: Front of the building gets the morning sun.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thank you for the positive response. We do pride ourselves on our cleanliness and have an outstanding housekeeping department. Gotta love "Your Morning Breakfast". We do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Customer Service was excellent, Sharon took our reservation; she was a total gem. She gave us excellent directions to get to the hotel and was very accommodating when we arrived.

The room was immaculate, the bed was ex-streamly comfortable and loaded with fluffy pillows. The show head was awesome. Nice clean environment and friendly people.

They provide a shuttle that runs every hour to the and from the Casino. It is only 1 mile from the Casino as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and hotel. Our staff is outstanding but it is nice of you take the time to write these positive comments. We hope to see you back and good luck at the casino.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

The stay at the Comfort Suites University was great. I found that the staff fully accommodated my needs like late checkout, upgraded room, multiple shuttle services and had a great breakfast while being very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the Comfort Suites University.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business