“Worst experience ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I got married at the Meadows in hellertown and we used this hotel to reserve a block of rooms for my hotel guests because they referred them. The night of the wedding me and my husband went to check in and they told us they didn't have a room for us and we were told to stay in another hotel. The front desk employees were so ignorant and rude and were no help with anything. They squeezed us in a room that was smoky and stunk of ciggerettes. Two days before the wedding we dropped off 7 hotel bags for the front desk to give to our guests when they checked in. The next morning we woke up and found out that only 3 of our guests received hotel Bags and the other 4 were missing. I was furious to find this out because I paid about $15.00 a bag and filled it with goodies that not even half of my guests got to enjoy. When we talked to the front desks we were told they disappeared and there was nothing they could do about it. Well I didn't take that to well. We dealt with nothing but rude and ignorant people there. Save your money and go someplace else. And future brides that look at using this hotel for your wedding night. Save yourself the time and look at the other hotels in the area. This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel and it was terrible to have to deal with this all on my wedding night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I do apologize for the mishandling of the gift bags. We did refund money to you for the missing gift bags.

David Urban

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I wrote a glowing review in 2010. This year, thank goodness I was only booked for one night. We were placed in a room downstairs by an emergency exit. All night the door opened & closed with people leaving & coming back from the bars. Thank goodness I had earplugs, but my dog? He was miserable. I would have asked for a new room, but the hotel seemed booked, and by that time it was after 11pm. Too late to pack up & move. There was also an ashtray outside the exit. People kept opening the door to smoke. Guess what the room smelled like? Did I mention the restaurant was closed? The receptionist didn't. The worst part? The heat was not on when we entered the room. It worked. The front desk apologized, but it was freezing when we entered. It was an awful experience.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello Shelly,
I apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I hope this stay will not affect your decision to stay with us again the next time you are in the area. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly.

610-882-9700
Manheim, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

being a Vendor for an Expo at the Sands Hotel, I was looking for a nice and clean place to stay at a less expensive price. Augustine Solivan was more than helpful in getting me what I needed. The Rooms were very clean and large. I have been to many Hotels and always look at the Bathroom floor to see how clean the room is. Well They were very clean. The Bar and Rest. food was very good and large portions of food as well. The next time I go up that way, I will book a room with Comfort Suites again. Every Staff Member was very friendly and I give them all a Thumbs Up!!! Thank you all for making my stay more relaxing.
Chris T.

Room Tip: It is Non- Smoking so if you do smoke stay on the first floor so you can go outside anytime.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello Chris,
Thank you for the positive review. We do have great staff members that really care. I will share your comments with them . We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Bethlehem. Also, great room tip.

CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very clean downtown hotel adjacent to Lehigh University. Convenient parking, lighted lot. Well-kept older building. Room was very clean, bed was new and terrific, AC was very quiet, and Internet was fast and easy. Breakfast was average.
I stayed during the week and paid a very fair price - I'm sure it is far more expensive on a football weekend...

Room Tip: suggest upper floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this positive response. The staff and myself look forward to your next visit and hope that one will be even better than this stay. Please contact me directly if would like to discuss anything further.

Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was in town with friends for a concert at the Sands Event Center. The location of the hotel was pretty good. It was easy to find, near grocery stores/fast food/pharmacy/anything you need or want(even a record store). On a nice evening you could walk to the Sands Event Center, but it was raining that night so a cab was a better choice. The hotel is also right in front of the University campus which is a beautiful place to walk through during the day. The guy at the front desk was excellent, very helpful. Our room was thoroughly clean. Although the bathroom was a little small, I didn't mind because that makes the rest of the room even bigger. I would definitely stay here again, hotels like this seem to be getting difficult to find.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such a great response about your stay. I will share this response with all the staff as we take pride in the facility and services we offer. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Bethlehem area.

Tomkins Cove, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I was a little nervous when booking this hotel because of the reviews, but was very pleased to find that it was an excellent hotel. I have been to the area before so I was expecting the rough industrial look of the area. I didn't feel unsafe at all, I think people just wrote about safety concerns because of the industrial warehouse look of the town. Overall it was safe. The hotel offered a shuttle service to the casino which was 1.7 miles down the road. They left whenever we wanted to. The driver was a local man who had so much knowledge about the history of the steel and the casino. We enjoyed listening to him as we drove there. For pick up, the shuttle came quick and it was a easy ride back to the hotel. The bed was super comfy. There were pillow choices of firm or soft :) and the shower head was great pressure! The breakfast was nice and free. The staff was very friendly. Great stay!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you writing such a positive review obout the hotel but also the area. As it does have the "industrial warehouse" look about it, Bethlehem is quite a charming town. I am glad that you were made to feel welcome by the staff.

We hope your next stay is as great as the last one.

central Pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This hotel offers nice rooms and a pleasant and helpful staff at the front desk. We stayed here during the Christmas season last year and we were pleased with the accomodations during that visit as well. Tara took care of our special resquest for a quiet room and answered questions we had about the area. The breakfast is typical and is served in the bar area. The hotel property is clean and well maintained. Plenty of parking spaces available. Perkins restaurant is across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We take pride in our hotel and the amenities we offer. We hope your next visit will be even better than the previous two times you stayed.