All reviews lehigh university choice hotels steel stacks sands casino front desk staff walking distance ample free parking fridge and microwave free breakfast breakfast area first floor event center easy access shuttle campus lounge proximity
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a motel so you can't come in expecting your going to be staying at the Ritz. But the staff very friendly. They even let me check out at 3 PM because I had an interview during the day. Complimentary coffee in the main area and a very decent complimentary breakfast too.

I had a single room with a king bed. Great pillows (both soft and hard) and bed was very comfortable. Shower was pretty solid too. This place is great for what it is. Also near a great breakfast/lunch place just around the corner (blue sky cafe) and sandwich shop (Goosey Gander Caterer & Deli)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dshogi
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for writing this positive review of the hotel. We do have a great staff and the rooms have some great things. We will be enhancing them within the next year and hope that we will see you again when returning to the Bethlehem area.

David M. Urban

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were in town over a very busy weekend for the Runner's World Festival. There were other events going on throughout town at the same time, so there was a lot of people in the area. The hotel was quiet (even though the AC/heater in the room was loud).

Overall, nothing really stood out about this place. It was handy and close to where we needed to be for the festival. A lot of the town was within walking distance for us; even the historic district. The staff at the hotel were polite and nice, but we didn't have any issues for them to deal with. The hotel itself was pretty antiquated. We seriously thought, as we were walking the hallway to our room, that we'd turn around and see a pair of creepy twins or a river of blood coming after us (ala "The Shining") ...And there were a lot of stains...everywhere... in our room. The sheets, the lamp shades, the floor, and even a large, questionable yellow stain on the wall behind the toilet... It was just, uh, odd. The room smelled clean though.

Breakfast was like other breakfasts at all other hotels - bland, boring, and barely "hot". The coffee here, however, was pretty darn good.

In all, I would stay here again.

Room tip: Ask to be on an "upper" level floor, not the first floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay in Bethlehem. We appreciate the possitive comments about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. With regard to the dated facilities you will be happy to know we about to start a major renovation which includes all walls, lighting, artwork, drapes and furniture in all rooms and lobby area.

We do hope to see you again the next time you visit the Bethlehem area.

David M. Urban

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel located between Lehigh University and the town. Perfect spot to stay when visiting the school or the Sands casino which is less than five min. away. Clean rooms and nice staff. I would recommend this hotel to to anyone planning a trip to Bethlehem.

Date of stay: October 2013
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for writing such a positive review and recommending our hotel. Our location does serve well for the places you had noted. We appreciate you choosing to stay here and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding, and while the room was no frills, it was very difficult to sleep at night with all the noise from neighboring guests, slamming doors and shouting at 2am. The bathroom is a but cramped and the shower head was too short for my husband 5'11, but was fine for me and I loved the strong water pressure. (definitely a plus)The
beds were old (too soft) and need updating. Kids will like the lobby shop for snacks so bring some extra cash for that. Overall I gave them an average rating as the room was clean and the service was good. Breakfast was good with your standard assortments of breads, pastries , cereals, hot food, and waffle making station. If you need a place to stay near the SteelStacks / Sands it's a good option. Just remember you might not get a good's night rest.

Date of stay: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review. As there is not a lot we can do about the shower head height, it is nice to hear that the pressure was good. I am not sure why people were yelling at that time of night, but do apologize. We hope to see you again when you are traveling to the Bethlehem area.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I got married at the Meadows in hellertown and we used this hotel to reserve a block of rooms for my hotel guests because they referred them. The night of the wedding me and my husband went to check in and they told us they didn't have a room for us and we were told to stay in another hotel. The front desk employees were so ignorant and rude and were no help with anything. They squeezed us in a room that was smoky and stunk of ciggerettes. Two days before the wedding we dropped off 7 hotel bags for the front desk to give to our guests when they checked in. The next morning we woke up and found out that only 3 of our guests received hotel Bags and the other 4 were missing. I was furious to find this out because I paid about $15.00 a bag and filled it with goodies that not even half of my guests got to enjoy. When we talked to the front desks we were told they disappeared and there was nothing they could do about it. Well I didn't take that to well. We dealt with nothing but rude and ignorant people there. Save your money and go someplace else. And future brides that look at using this hotel for your wedding night. Save yourself the time and look at the other hotels in the area. This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel and it was terrible to have to deal with this all on my wedding night.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Kalani4191

I do apologize for the mishandling of the gift bags. We did refund money to you for the missing gift bags.