“Basic hotel, clean, nice desk staff.”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good location for visiting Lehigh University. This is a basic hotel. It seemed clean, but could use some updating. The sheets were wrinkled and the furnishings a bit outdated. We were expecting basic and that's what it is, which was fine for a one night stay. The breakfast was pretty minimal and basic too.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay here while visiting Lehigh University. We are going through a major renovation and expect that some of the shortcomings you pointed out will be addressed.

We do hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Bethlehem area.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites University

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night since we were celebrating a friends birthday at Sands Casino. Its a quick ride down the block from the casino and they have shuttle vans if you need them. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Nothing special. They are doing renovations so the lobby was 'under construction', looks like it will be nice when its all done. Only downside was we felt the curtains didn't really keep the sunlight out as much as we'd like :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are currently updating not only the lobby but all rooms including the curtains. Furniture and lighting will aslo be replaced as well.

We look forward to the next time you come to the Bethlehem area.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This Comfort Inn (Suites) was ok, nothing special to write home about. The usual treats, nice lobby, friendly staff, clean room with the usual amenities. I did rest very comfortable while there. There's a bar located on the property, and the breakfast was alright, there was plenty of breakfast items to choose from. Situated close enough to walk just about anywhere there was to go in Bethlehem, I'd probably stay there again if I'm ever back in Bethlehem, because the rates were reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you for writing this review. We are glad your stay was comfortable and positive. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed for a night. Didn't try the breakfast , but another person in our party said it wasn't that great. I had a heater issue with the room and called the front desk. They never came around to fix it. The beds and bathrooms were clean and the personnel was nice though.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for writing this review. I'm happy that your stay was good. I am concerned that no one came to fix your heater though. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I just wanted to thank the staff of this Hotel for going above and beyond with regard to customer service.

My "visit" was on Feb 5th 2014, and the first interaction I had with the night clerk I did not get his name but lets just say it could have went either way, as I presented him with some unique challenges, he very quickly made the decision to help, for that I cannot thank him enough.

The following morning I met a young lady named Tara, where again I presented her with some unique challenges, well this young lady made the whole thing so easy that I must say I would not have been able to it with out her.

She arranged a shuttle to the bus station for me at no charge, and everything went so easily because of Tara going the extra mile.

I just wanted to personally thank the two people I spoke with at this Hotel they were great, especially Tara.

Thank you very much, I'm sure karma has been good to you.
Mike A. Zegilla

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our staff is always willing to help when they can. I will share these comments with my staff. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were late for the scheduled van to the airport. Jack, the van driver was extremely helpful. He volunteered to make an additional run to the airport to accommodate us and got us there for an on time departure. He turned a potentially bad situation into a pleasant experience. Thanks.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Timothy,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad we were able to assist you in you time of need. Jack along with the rest of the staff are always willing to go the extra mile for our guests. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

The only thing is if you decide to write another review 5 is the highest and 1 is the lowest score.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Augustine the General Manager is extremely nice and helpful, making the experience that much better. He was quick to solve problems and had a smile on his face through the process. Good place to stay if visiting Lehigh - walking distance from all activities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and location. I will share this with Augustine and the rest of the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.