“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here on the way to New York City and it was wonderful! Our room was really clean, nice, and quiet. The beds were pretty comfy. The staff was extremely nice as well. We will totally stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a high floor, they're really quiet, our room was on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CourtyardBethlehem, Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
It is absolutely our pleasure to have you visit with us on your way to New York. I hope the remainder of your trip was also pleasant and hope we will have the opportunity to see you again.
Happy holidays and safe travels.
Denise Maiatico
Area Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Stayed for 1 night and would stay again if in the area. 1 major problem is house keeping - specifically the volume level and topics for gossip in the hallway. Heard everything from who was stealing shampoos, to the #s of beds being made to finally who passed gas in the elevator. This went on for at least an hour early in the morning and literally right outside my door.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bjm1271
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback and recent experience at our hotel. Your comments provided a perfect opportunity to re-visit some training with our service team. I sincerely apologize for the unprofessional nature of the conversations and that you had to hear them at all and I am pleased to report that this has been addressed. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and wish you a happy holiday season.
Denise Maiatico
Area Manager
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Visited this hotel this past weekend for a wedding. I was in the wedding so we had to get a room for two nights. The wedding rate was pretty good I think it was $120 a night. Room was clean, bed was pretty good (had much better at other courtyards) and overall I was pretty happy. My friend said that dealing with sales people was not the best experience but the actual hotel staff was awesome. Front desk people were friendly and helped out in anyway that they could. The front desk had an area that you could get snacks and small supplies. Cold drinks were also available along with beers if you wanted one. The area next to the hotel had a few places to eat which is always a good thing. We did have the breakfast (bc it was included) sunday morning and to be honest it was pretty good.

The only complaint I had was the bar closed at 11 pm. When I asked why they said because of the noise. Now I could understand during the week sure, but the hotel had 3 weddings that Saturday night so extending the hours for Friday and Saturday night is something they should look into. I know Friday night it was closed at 11 and we had at least 30-40 people in the bar area. I dont know what time it closed Saturday but we had at least 75 people in the bar area so I hope they stayed open later.

Last but not least, I have to give a shout out to the night time maintenance man. Not sure what his name was but each night we ordered pizza and he was quick to get us plates and even assisted in removing the pizza boxes.

TIP: If you want good pizza order from Antonios in Hellertown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
CourtyardBethlehem, General Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your coments and sugestions especially about the bar times, Our staff here reallly takes pride in their work and wants to make sure every guests stay is a special one. We hope the next time your in the area you think of us again.

Marcus Smith General Manager
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost 2 weeks. It's is clean, relative new and very close to the Saint Luke's Anderson Cancer Center. The shower and A/C worked fine. Breakfast is not included, but for 10 dollars you can have one with eggs and bacon included. Parking lot is free, internet worked and there is complimentary coffee. Laundry if available also.
Rube Thursday restaurant if very close (walking distance) and there is also a relative close shopping with some stores like Best Buy and restaurants. (got to use a car)
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Don't try to use public transportation in this area, it won't work. Rent a car, they have a Hertz kiosk inside the hotel.

Ah, there isn't safe deposit in the rooms, only in the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hugo-Hemato
CourtyardBethlehem, Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
It was such a pleasure having you stay at our hotel - I'm pleased you took advantage of the Hertz rental car location in our hotel. The best way to explore our area is by car.
We hope you will visit with us again soon.
With hospitality, Denise Maiatico Area Manager
Ft Lauderdale
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've been staying here a few nights out of a 11 night stay and I'm pretty happy. The breakfast is good and not too crowded (which translates to attentive wait staff). When I arrived to my room, everything looked clean with the exception of two areas, which I always check. The couch wasn't as clean as I would have liked and the pictures were a bit dusty. Not a deal breaker, I just wish more hotel staff paid attention to the details.
The highway noise could be an issue for some light sleepers (if so ask for a low number - away from the road)

Room Tip: Low numbers are further away from highway
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback - I have shared your comments with our service team in an effort to assure we are paying attention to details like those you have mentioned. We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit with us again soon.
Travel safely. With hospitality, Denise Maiatico Area Manager
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've stayed in many Courtyards and this one wasn't really up to par in comparison to most. Our room was fine but I noticed the furnishings in the lobby were dirty and worn. They could use replacing. Housekeeping never made up our room. We ventured out to Musikfest and when we returned (late at night) the room was exactly as we'd left it. And I know this isn't the hotel's fault but the people above us were incredibly loud. Stomping on the floor at all hours of the day and night - loud enough to wake me up. We called the front desk to ask them to keep it down but I don't think it did any good. Overall it was an ok stay but I've stayed in better Courtyards!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jen N
I sincerely apologize for the disruptions during your stay and wish we could have done more to assure you had a great night's sleep. I do hope you will consider giving us another try if your travels bring you to Bethlehem again.
Denise Maiatico Area Manager
North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Nice location. Hotel is 5 years old, but still looks new. Very comfortable foam mattresses. We had 3 parties, in 3 rooms, on 2 credit cards, arriving at different times, and the staff kept it all straight! Close to restaurants. We recommend Williams Restaurant in Easton. Note: Breakfast was not included.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abw50
Thank you for sharing your comments - We are blessed to be surrounded by great restaurants. I'm glad you were able to seek out some unique local favorites and experience them during your time in Bethlehem. We hope you will visit with us again soon.
Denise Maiatico Area Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#1 of 7 in Easton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport

Been to Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78? Share your experiences!