“Exceptional customer service!”

Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Courtyard Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley was one of the best hotels we stayed at in long time! The customer service was exceptional, from the moment we walked in to the moment we left. They are very kid-friendly and have awesome customer service! You can tell that each person I came in contact with genuinely enjoys their job and where they work. They function as a great team and always have a smile on! Also the courtyard is so beautifully landscaped and relaxing!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank SBonacci
CourtyardBethlehem, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear SBonacci;
WE LOVE OUR GUESTS! Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing? Our dedicated team loves creating a destination experience. Our distinctive Courtyard Easton/Bethlehem is a beautiful hotel facility, however the experience of staying at our hotel is best told through the amazing “guest” service experience and the dedicated people who work there. I have passed your kind words to them and they wanted me to express a great big "thank you". Please visit us soon.
Travel safe,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for a wedding reception. Great location right off I33, just a few minutes from downtown Bethlehem.

Staff at front desk was outstanding, very friendly, and helpful. Room had decent space with a small couch and desk and king sized bed Plenty of storage space for clothing between the dresser and closet. Good sized bathroom with tub sides low enough for those with mobility issues to get into. Plenty of towels. The room was extremely clean. There was a fridge and coffee maker in the room, but no coffee mate or anything to put into the coffee. There was free coffee in the lobby. Plenty of free parking. It was also quiet enough with the air conditioner on. There were Wounded Warrior staying the weekend we were there and I was worried about noise. We could hear a card game going on in the room across hallway from us when we returned to the room but once we were inside the room we heard nothing.

A few minor things to know - there is no room safe, so I had to take my valuables with me when we left. The air conditioner was placed directly next to the desk and it was impossible to sit at the desk when the air was on because it was freezing. The mattress in rooms 412 was also way too soft - I woke up with an awful backache that didn't work itself out until late the next afternoon. Also, limited toiletries in the bathroom, only shampoo and soap. No body lotion which I really missed. Thank goodness my husband had brought some. But these were minor.

We didn't opt to eat at the restaurant - breakfast was $11.95, too expensive and there is a Panera Bread across the highway along with a few other restaurants.

I wouldn't to hesitate to stay here again hut would hope for a better mattress.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank promal
CourtyardBethlehem, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Promal;
Thank you for staying with us and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments over to our management staff. We will collectively review each notation and see how we can create a better guest experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we will continue to do everythng possible to earn your trust and goodwill.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've used this property several times and in every case the experience was really quite good. The staff here are always most hospitable and accommodating and work to meet guest needs, without exception. The facility is clean, comfortable and well maintained, and is actually very conveniently located in suburban Bethlehem Township, for the Easton/Bethlehem area of the Lehigh Valley. It is right off PA-33, just about a mile north of I-78. If you need hotel accommodations in the Easton/Bethlehem area, this is within approx. 10-15 mins of virtually everywhere in the area. (ie; Lehigh, Lafayette, Moravian colleges.. Crayola Experience.. State Theatre.. Sands Casino.. ArtsQuest.. etc., etc..) Give these folks your business for a stay and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Liam1890;
WOW thank you for staying with us and informing our future guests, everything the Courtyard has to offer and the many attractions. I have passed your rave review onto our dedicated staff and they look forward to creating a great guest experience to our guests. Thank you again for your loyalty and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Easton/Bethlehem, Lehigh Valley area.
Travel safe,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Although room was comfortable, clean and the staff were attentive...it had been awhile since I stayed at a Courtyard that did not have a bistro or Starbucks drinks available. They did offer breakfast for a charge and had complementary coffee. The coffee was good.
One nice thing that happened regarding the staff...my flight was extremely delayed and I was very concerned about not getting a 'quiet' room. I called 4 hours before I arrived and requested a quiet room and shared my concern. When I checked in, it was after 10:30pm..I was not optimistic. To my delightful surprise, the nice young man at check said my quiet room was waiting for me! Check in was quick and I was on my way to a great stay!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room without an adjoining door if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardBethlehem, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear ChaCha1123,

Thank you for your detailed response and taking the time to review us! We are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us! Our dedicated staff looks forward to providing each guest with a great guest experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here one night for scuba lessons at Dutch Springs. This was a convenient location, clean rooms and friendly staff.

The rooms had a nice modern design to them and were very well styled. I liked that there was a small couch and coffee table to spread out on.

Breakfast didn't look too appetizing so I skipped it. Ate dinner at Ruby Tuesdays across the parking lot. I've never ever experienced a restaurant so willing and capable of serving a gluten free meal. The staff truly blew me away and I eat out often due to constant traveling for work.

I believe this hotel just got renovated, so it's a great place to stay at a decent price

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kevin_and_Morgan
CourtyardBethlehem, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff and hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay!
We look forward serving you again on your next visit. Safe travels!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

It seems like a lovely hotel but building started on the substantial plot next door at 6.30am with 3 diggers outside the window moving up and down. Stay on a weekday only if you want an early start! We arrived in the dark with our young children and reception gave us one of the rooms closest
to the site - the diggers are 50m from the window.

Stayed: June 2014
CourtyardBethlehem, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear SarahH,
Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay. Our management team is currently working on a resolution for the ongoing construction next store Please accept our sincere apology for not providing you with a great guest experience. We hope you will give us another try when traveling back to the Lehigh Valley. Please feel free to reach out to me, if I can assist you further. Thank you again.
Peggy Godfrey
610-625-9515
pgodfrey@bethlehemcourtyard.com

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel on June 7th, 2014, for a wedding reception. The rooms are spacious and clean. I had a King bed which was very comfortable. There was still enough room for a couch and coffee table. Room had a lot of outlets and light so you could see what you were doing and enough space for cellphone charger and laptop connection.

The breakfast is excellent and there is even a cook for omelet service. Bacon was fully cooked and crispy which was surprising and I liked it very much. I would stay here again but I live so close it really isn't necessary for me but since there was a shuttle service to the nearby golf course where the wedding reception was it was a perfect fit. There is a bar but only stays open till around 11m with not much to choose from but it was a good place to hang out after the reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
CourtyardBethlehem, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Humsy7,
Thank you for your rave reviews. Our breakfast, spacious rooms, and dedicated staff sets up apart from any other hotel in the Lehigh Valley. Even though, we are a stones throw from
Phillipsburg, there is always time to have a Staycation here at the Courtyard. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon in the beautiful Lehigh Valley.