“Garlic Bread Heaven”

Ranked #24 of 375 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

A little tight inside but on a great day try outside and you will love it. Food is good with very good service
Try it n form your own opinion

1  Thank whochip

Reviewed 26 September 2017

The family was in Bethlehem for another reason during dinnertime so we walked around and decided to try Mama Nina's yesterday. There is nice outside seating but it was really hot/stuffy outside so we opted for inside. They sat us at a booth next to the kitchen (not sure why - the inside was empty except maybe two other tables with customers). Menu is pretty large, and first thing I noticed is that all of the specials are in the $22+ range. Some are close to $30. Looking inside, I reviewed the various options and most dinners come in at $16 or up. I opted for Tour of Mama Nina (chicken, eggplant parm, one sausage and one meatball over pasta). We also got the calamari which came out pretty quickly. Calamari was supposed to have "spicy" marinara but the waiter explained that they just bring out crushed red pepper for you to add (ROFL?!). Calamari was just the rings, no tentacles and obviously from frozen. Lacking any salt whatsoever. My wife got the "mafiosa" salad which had lots of stuff on it but was almost devoid of lettuce. My son got the Margherita pizza which he said was pretty good. The garlic/olive oil covered bread they brought out looked good until you bite into it and realize that it was stale. My dinner did not come with a house salad (for $18.95... really?). The dinner itself was average, except I will say the sausage was obviously homemade and tasty. Everything else was no better then what I would order for half the price at my local Italian pizzeria. Service was fine and prompt.

So, no salad with my entree, their bread is stale, and they charge for soft drink refills ($1 - drink cost $1.95). The food was plentiful, just really nothing to write home about, especially for the premium prices.

I would not go here again as it is out of my way and there are way better options in Bethlehem.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Discovered this gem while visiting family in PA. Everything from the garlic rolls to desserts were terrific. The eggplant rollatini was amazing, as was the Mama Nina’s Seafood Gorgonzola Pasta! Yum!!!

1  Thank steveandnancyh
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Very crowded have to wait to be seated and hope they don't seat in the basement god forbid if there is a fire it would be very difficult to get out but the is very good different atmosphere since Mama Nina sold the place more of a college crowd

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely phenomenal! Authentic Italian food the best in the valley in my opinion! Get there early!

1  Thank Cherish D