“Rushed”

Ranked #23 of 372 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I usually come here for dinner before going to the Sands because I like the town and it’s pretty good food for a nice price versus the crazy prices for restaurants in the casino. The food has always been good, but this was the first time I ever experienced what so many talk about, “the rush.”

Been there many times when it was packed and this time was definitely much less crowded than usual, but I was asked three times if I was done with my dinner when I clearly wasn’t (fork in plate with hand gives that away). And they were too happy to finally bring boxes to the table. I always enjoy dessert and coffee here but was told for the first time (after dining here for almost 2 years) that dessert was only “to go.” That was it for me. Always gave them the benefit of the doubt, but after that BS policy I won’t be returning. It’s clear an enjoyable experience is not a top priority and only the dollar is.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Been to this place 2x and they havent failed me yet! I dont think they ever will! A good friend of mine brought me here because I always wanted to try it out because my mom (rip) name is Nina. From Day 1, the staff was very cordial. Last night my friend Fran and I went again because we had no Valentines so we were celebrating Galentines Day and Dianah waited on us again. She hasnt seen us since August and the way we were greeted, you would think we were celebrities. Dianah has great personality and is very warm and sociable...so is the rest of the staff. We will def be back to this homie spot!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My husband and I try to have little get-away weekends. One of our favorite towns is Bethlehem, PA. We always have dinner at Mama Nina's, it's authentic Italian cuisine. I'm partial to anything eggplant, love their eggplant parm and rollitini. You can bring your own bottle of wine too, which is really nice. It's small and always seems crowded, but they seat you quickly and you are served fast too. I would highly recommend it. Good for couples, family or friends!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

They changed owners I recently found out... after our visit.
That explains everything as to why the food was terrible, the place was jammed and I’m not sure why??? Maybe location since it’s on a popular strip of Main Street in downtown Bethlehem .
Restrooms were disgusting.

Please someone get the old family back to show them how to properly prepare Italian meals.

2  Thank NurseBerg
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We were seated right away since there were tables available. The tables are really close together and stuck in all over the place wherever there was room. I don't eat a lot so my husband and I were going to split a pasta, and told there was a $5.95 sharing fee! FYI Melt does not charge a sharing fee and even splits it for you. We order and I notice the waitress bringing people glasses of wine. I ask and they do offer a complimentary glass, it would be nice to have that offered to you verbally. The rolls as other people said were really greasy with chopped raw garlic. Ceasar salad dressing is that dark yellowy dressing (not homemade) like Ken's or something. Baked pasta was greasy and came with ham that was like sliced lunchmeat. The busboy without asking came with to go containers and started scooping our food in! It started getting crowded and a party of 9 came in but there were no tables for them (they said they had reservations) so it started to get really crowded with them hanging around wherever they could. I was glad to get out! Would not go again.

1  Thank mitchell2009