“Great Italian Restaurant - Don't Forget the Wine.”
Review of Mama Nina's

Mama Nina's
Ranked #23 of 372 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We ate in a number very good restaurants during out Blast Furnace Blues Festival weekend in Bethlehem but this was the best. It was crowded, busy and the tables are close together but the experience was wonderful. The food was delicious, with generous portions. Service was very good; efficient and friendly. It is a BYOB restaurant and we forgot to bring a bottle. Luckily they offer a complimentary glass with dinner, which saved the day. Italian food without wine is missing something. We come to Bethlehem for the Blue Festival each year (we are from Southern Delaware), and always try different restaurants but will make an exception on a future visit and dine at Mama Nina's again.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I popped in here on a whim after walking past it the night before. It felt a bit strange at first - everyone in the place looked at me like I was party crashing. But I got a nice table, tucked into a corner by the window.

The waitress was very good. Not super chatty or warm, but she quickly brought me a glass of complimentary wine and garlic rolls. I ordered the macaroni, and it was really good. The macaroni was perfectly cooked, the gravy was really flavorful, and the bits of eggplant were yummy. I could barely make a dent in it and really wished I could’ve taken it home. It was a great value.

I felt super awkward when I tried to order a second glass of wine. I didn’t realize that they didn’t sell it there. So I decided to skip the cannoli and head back to my hotel. I didn’t really look for a drink menu or I might’ve found out. And honestly, I might have gone elsewhere had I known.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I usually come here for dinner before going to the Sands because I like the town and it’s pretty good food for a nice price versus the crazy prices for restaurants in the casino. The food has always been good, but this was the first time I ever experienced what so many talk about, “the rush.”

Been there many times when it was packed and this time was definitely much less crowded than usual, but I was asked three times if I was done with my dinner when I clearly wasn’t (fork in plate with hand gives that away). And they were too happy to finally bring boxes to the table. I always enjoy dessert and coffee here but was told for the first time (after dining here for almost 2 years) that dessert was only “to go.” That was it for me. Always gave them the benefit of the doubt, but after that BS policy I won’t be returning. It’s clear an enjoyable experience is not a top priority and only the dollar is.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Been to this place 2x and they havent failed me yet! I dont think they ever will! A good friend of mine brought me here because I always wanted to try it out because my mom (rip) name is Nina. From Day 1, the staff was very cordial. Last night my friend Fran and I went again because we had no Valentines so we were celebrating Galentines Day and Dianah waited on us again. She hasnt seen us since August and the way we were greeted, you would think we were celebrities. Dianah has great personality and is very warm and sociable...so is the rest of the staff. We will def be back to this homie spot!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My husband and I try to have little get-away weekends. One of our favorite towns is Bethlehem, PA. We always have dinner at Mama Nina's, it's authentic Italian cuisine. I'm partial to anything eggplant, love their eggplant parm and rollitini. You can bring your own bottle of wine too, which is really nice. It's small and always seems crowded, but they seat you quickly and you are served fast too. I would highly recommend it. Good for couples, family or friends!