“Que Delicioso!”

Francisco's Salvadoreno Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 356 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Francisco's isn't a fancy restaurant - and when the food is this good, who needs flashy decor and designer cocktails? This is the kind of restaurant I live for - authentic, ethnic food cooked with love.

This family-owned restaurant is a few blocks up from Historic Bethlehem. There's plenty of on-street parking. I went last night for dinner with my husband and brother-in-law. Here's the meal breakdown:

My husband had the "tipico" breakfast: a sausage, a wedge of mild cheese, beans, a pupusa (corn tortillas filled with meat and/or beans and cheese), fried plantains and two sunny side up eggs. My husband devoured it and loved the pupusas so much he ate one of mine.

My brother-in-law had the chicken enchilada meal and loved it. I had two pupusas with meat, cheese and beans and plate of plantains con crema. DELISH. Just what I was looking for. I also tried the rice drink. It was good but probably better with a spicier dish.

Two young men worked the counter and were sweet and nice. They answered all of our questions and did not hesitate to make menu recommendations when we asked. The owner was working, as well, and he was very nice, too.

Get the pupusas! At $1.75 each they're the best deal in Bethlehem. They come with a red sauce and spicy pickled vegetables - WONDERFUL.

We can't wait to go back to this gem of a restaurant and try more yummy Salvadoran food.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Not fancy but if you like authentic then you will enjoy this place

Reviewed 11 January 2009