“A fantastic treat for foodies!”

Bolete Restaurant and Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolete Restaurant and Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Emmaus Ave
Pennsylvania
“A fantastic treat for foodies!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Simply the freshest and highest quality ingredients skillfully prepared and cooked at Bolete. The menu is not large, but the chef will customize and also take excellent care of vegetarians. I have never been disappointed by a wine suggestion either. On Fridays and Saturdays they are very busy and service can be on the slow side but you will get what you want and the staff is well informed and friendly. It is also possible to eat on the casual side at the bar and it can be fun to meet other people as you watch the bartender. This is a restaurant that a food snob from Manhattan could go to and enjoy. It is seriously worth a visit!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SCUBA-warm-water

Germansville, Pennsylvania
“Tried for the first time... excellent!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My hubby and I have heard nothing but rave reviews and FINALLY decided to try Bolete for their Sunday Brunch. The service was excellent. My husband loved his spicy Bloody Mary. As a huge fan of oysters, my husband was floored by the quality of the oysters. Very clean, cold and great flavor. My tuna tartare was the best I have had in the Lehigh Valley. Our brunch entrees were equally good. My Lobster Eggs Benedict had just the right blend of lobster, hollandaise sauce, and the poached eggs were perfect. My husband chose the Chef's specialty Eggs Chizmar, featuring fried oysters with poached eggs. He loved it!! He even went on to have another order of oysters for "dessert." So happy we finally made the journey to try this place. We are on deck next to try their dinner menu. Obviously, we loved it.

• Visited January 2014
Media, Pennsylvania
“What a treat”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Who knew tucked away in Bethlehem was such a great restaurant! My husband found Bolete via Google and a chef we know confirmed we should go. It was excellent. The wine deal you get as an early diner is excellent and they introduced us to a lovely new wine (for us). Everything from the bread through to dessert was terrific. The butterscotch pudding was to die for! Leave plenty of time--it is a slow dining experience but not too slow. Going back in a few months when we are in that area again and can't wait.

• Visited November 2013
New York
“Super Food and Service”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I was a bit worried when we our coats weren't taken, we were seated by the kitchen door and I noted a burned out lightbulb. But the rest was terrific if a bit noisy. The menu is printed and dated daily. The wine list is interesting - although the markups are more than 3x for the wines I know. We enjoyed 2 veal dishes, a salad, a fish dish and some fresh bread. Oh yes, butterscotch pudding and two cups of coffee. With a bottle of mineral water and a good tip, the damage was about $120. We are pretty critical eaters - eating well occasionally in New York, Europe, etc. Bolete offers thoughtful, complex (not fussy) dishes seerved well in a nice, if bustling atmosphere.

Visited January 2014
New Jersey Countryside
“Ba ba bam!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Wow! What a breath of fresh air this place is. I've read several great reviews here about Bolete but was skeptical based on the quality of the other places in the area that didn't live up to the hype. We "only" went for brunch but I can judge from my experience that this is a very top notch establishment. The setting is warm and cozy in an old stagecoach stop. The neighborhood is not much to talk about. We were welcomed cheerily and seated in a nice table near the fireplace. The menu was anything but routine. We had a perfectly made Bloody Mary and started with some of the finest oysters I've ever had. The foie gras with quail egg on top was perfect with a bit of dessert wine. We had a very fresh lobster roll and eggs with duck confit hash and eggs Chizmar. All three were just perfect. The butterscotch pudding for dessert was simple but so yummy. I can't say enough about the food here but was just as impressed, or more, by the world class service. I've been to 3 star Michelins in NYC and Paris, etc. and at Bolete the service stacks up down to the tiny details like delivering a straw I asked for on a pewter plate. When I couldn't decide between two entrees the waitress (Michelle, I believe) said she would ask the chef to give me a half order of each. Done. She, when asked, told us where the oysters were procured and where the chef trained. She was passionate about his passion. All of this with no pretense like the aforementioned 3 star places. I only wish I lived closer to this very special gem. I place it in the top ten places I've dined in the world. Bravo chef Chizmar and your great team.

• Visited January 2014