“Perfect except some of the guests behaviour”

Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Brooklyn, New York
“Perfect except some of the guests behaviour”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night arriving Saturday October 12, 13.Great hotel! Very nice modern spacious room, very large TV, walk in shower, great location, very courteous staff, refrigerator and a breakfast (was included) with everything you could have asked for. There was only one problem: the hotel guests. There was a large family group ranging from kids to seniors who were extremely loud. They did not care about anybody but them. We wished that somebody from the hotel would have asked them to be more considerate to the other hotel guests. Also a young men thought is was all right to put his feet/shoes on the table in the public area while making a telephone call. Hmmm. These days you cannot do that yourself you might get ....
Two big thumbs up for the hotel. Thank you

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heiderose W
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you so much for your understanding and patience in regards to guests staying with us that may have had a little too much fun. Our hotel is here for relaxation and a great getaway to the Bethlehem area! We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay in regards to noise, and hope that you come back to stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for your kind words in regards to the rest of your stay and our staff. We truly appreciate it!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here for a week on business. My first impression of the hotel was good: clean lobby, really great desk staff, etc. My good impression evaporated when I pulled back the bedspread and discovered that the sheets had obviously not been changed from the previous occupant. About a dozen short black curly hairs - I'm going to assume they are some dude's chest and leg hair. GROSS! I complained to the front desk. When I got back to my room that evening, I found a long black hair in the bed sheets - not mine - must be the housekeepers. More weird and unacceptable things during the stay. The roll of toilet paper was changed, but the paper was half way torn off and still half way around the roll. See photo! My water glasses are not being replaced with fresh ones. I can see my chap stick residue on the rim. Nice. Must mean my coffee cups are also just being rinsed out.

I'm a woman and I would not like to show up at this hotel late at night. The parking garage is right next to the bus station where lots of questionable characters hang out. My colleague was asked for a dollar one night. Also, if you don't like waking up at 6:00 in the morning by the garbage truck that arrives right next to the hotel and noisily grinds up garbage for 10 minutes, you might want to ask for a room away from this street.

Other good parts of this hotel are the breakfast buffet which was always ready to go by 6:30 which is when it is open for business. The market cafe is nice and food tasted good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for bringing all of your experience to our attention. Without your feedback we wouldn't know what to improve upon. We have shared your review with our Executive Housekeeper; as well as, the entire housekeeping team. We also shared your review with our entire team so that if they came across these similar issues, they would be fixed promptly. We truly apologize for any inconvenience you experience during your stay, but would like to commend you for taking the time to recognize the service level at the hotel. We improve upon the negative feedback, but appreciate the positive words! Thank you again for filling out this review, and we hope that if you travel to Bethlehem again, you find yourself staying at our Hyatt Place hotel.
DC
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because I was in town for a wedding and the wedding hotel had no vacancy. I was able to arrive early and was greeted with very friendly staff. Room was spacious and well kept. Only possible downside was that you have to park across the street in a parking garage. The fee is covered by the hotel but that was kind of a pain. Breakfast was fine; nice lobby.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank primpolished
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We hope the wedding you attended was a great event! Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about your hotel! We love when there is nothing you can find to complain about! We hope to see you again soon for another event in the Bethlehem area.
upstate NY
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The room we had was spacious and appeared to be recently remodeled. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. It had a small refrigerator and plenty of space on the counter for making sandwiches or drinks. There is a beautiful walk-in shower. And the location is in walking distance to great restaurants and bars in town. They have a free shuttle that will take you over to the casino and shows. Jack the shuttle driver was super nice and picked us up right away when we call him to come home. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property and your stay with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize Jack our friendly shuttle driver- he loves seeing his name on tripadvisor! Please come see us again soon.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel is in a great location to the downtown area. You can walk to many of the restaurants and shops from it.

The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating, and the room was very large (the exact as the default photo above) and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning wasn't bad, either, for continental.

I would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Our front desk team is absolutely great! They work so hard to ensure every guest has a great stay here with us at the Hyatt Place- Bethlehem. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to family and friends, and we hope to see you again soon!
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I'm 57 years old, I've been on the road for thirty plus years, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. Things haven't been perfect but I'm pretty flexible, have a good sense of humor, and limited expectations. None of this prepared me for the complete and unnecessarily cruel disrespect I experienced from Front Desk Warden Matt today at the Hyatt Place in Bethlehem. It's a shame because the hotel is very conveniently located and a pleasant and well thought out property. Give this place a chance as it appears to be highly regarded but, if you see a man with Matt on his name tag at the check in desk, be afraid...be very afraid!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Thomas G
We are glad you were able to have your priceline reservation figured out and taken care of. Thank you so much for staying with us- we hope to see you again soon!
Lewes, DE
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff was extremely friendly, couteous, and helpful. Whatever was needed they were happy to accomodate. Upon arrival we were given a tour of the lobby area and explained how the food and beverage systems worked. We were in town for a marathon and they even started breakfast early on race morning for us! when we had a small issue with the room the maintenance staff was there within 5 minutes escorted by the front desk clerk to take care of the issue. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean and fresh. I liked the availability of free parking with validation. Will definatley be back for a longer stay! Convenient to Main Street Bethlehem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
We love when runners come to stay with us! It inspires the rest of the team to live in your example. Thank you for recognizing that breakfast was out and ready for our runners early- we try our best to accommodate all requests. Our staff truly appreciates the kind words of "super staff!" Thank you again and we hope to see you running another race soon!