“Really great all around”

Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have now stayed at this Hyatt Place a few of times--twice on a ski visit to the Poconos and second on a college tour of Lehigh. Our visits have been five years apart and the hotel is in great shape still. The staff are friendly, the rooms are awesome and the breakfast is great. One note--you park in a parking garage across the street but it's not a big deal. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardBethlehem, General Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your return visits and congratulations on having a child considering Lehigh University - you must be very proud. If all goes well, perhaps we will see you for the next four years or so .....

Have a wonderful Summer.
with hospitality,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

we stayed here for one night while doing a weekend in PA. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk all over the place in town. Parking is across the street for around 6 bucks. We had a king sized room with a sitting area and it was great. The rooms were clean and big. No bathtub though.

They do include a free hot breakfast in the morning which was a nice perk. My only complaint is that they take away the coffee urns when breakfast ends at 9am. You can also buy snacks and drinks at the check-in area during the day. They also have the USA today available when i was there on the weekend.

Another bad thing was that I could hear the tv late at night in the room next door or above me. It wasn't super loud but if you are a light sleeper it would be bothersome.

Also it was like, $180 for the night. its a hyatt so you'll pay more, but still, this seemed a little steep. There is a cool inn at the end of the street for $20 more a night, but i was trying to be budget conscious.

All in all i would stay at the hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, I am so pleased to hear that you had some time to explore Downtown Bethlehem as part of your visit. We are blessed to be surrounded by such great shops and restaurants.

Wishing you a Summer filled with more travel explorations.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here before and enjoyed it and were not disappointed this time either. The only complaint is that the heated pool was in need of a part, so it was quite cold. The continental breakfast is pretty good, a selection of hot and cold foods. Much better than the standard. However, other guests might need a sign posted about proper clothing for a public breakfast! I am not a fan of pajamas, stocking feet, and bare feet where everyone is gathered to eat. It is very offensive. Overall the staff is great and I loved the free shuttle service that was provided.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for returning to our hotel - we love welcoming back repeat guests and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. I agree that we have seen some interesting breakfast wear, and we will address your comments regarding proper footwear. I think we will both continue to marvel at the colorful pajama pants that occasionally make an appearance at the breakfast buffet.

Travel safely,
with hospitality,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I want to start of by thanking the women working the front desk. Her name was Joy, she was very friendly, and had the answers to all my questions. She took the time to make sure my accommodations were just right. We were in town to see a comedy show at the local casino. I stayed here for a fraction of the price. They offered a free shuttle to the casino. In the morning the free breakfast was very good (variety), and they validated my parking for the garage across the street. Also, my Room was spotless, with modern decor. I would stay here again.
-Sean, Trenton NJ

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about Joy and our property. We will celebrate your feedback with our team.

Wishing you a Summer full of safe and fun travel,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to stay in a hotel for Valentine's Day weekend. When we arrived, we were very pleased. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was spacious and clean. It had a sitting area, flat screen TV and a refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable. They offered a free hot breakfast which was really good. Our TV wasn't working when we got there, but one of the staff members were very prompt in fixing it. The hotel is in a good area. There are places nearby if you want to order in. I didn't get a chance to eat any other food at the hotel, but next time I probably will. Overall, we had a great stay. Staff was wonderful, Most likely, we will return there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardBethlehem, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your Valentine's Day stay and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I don't understand the last few reviews...we had a great stay!

This hotel was fantastic and we would stay again in a heartbeat. The rooms were big and very clean. Customer service at the front desk was exceptional. Both nights we chatted with the gentlemen at the desk while we ordered a snack (the food was very good). They were not just professional but very personable. We have to say that Front Desk Warden Matt was an absolute pleasure to talk with but...why did we see him when we were returning from our night out and yet again first thing in the morning?? Give this awesome guy a break!! ;)

Hey, there's some wall poster fodder for you guys! hehe

All joking aside, he was honestly a great guy and we commend management on their staff. A great hotel all around.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you ! We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I'm staying here right now and it's fantastic! The rooms are huge and we'll equipped. The TV is a nice flat screen and a good size. The shower is a bit odd not having a shower curtain or door that closes all the way, but no water got on the floor. The bed was comfy and the room was really warm even though it was below freezing last night. The fitness room is good enough for a short stay as is the pool. I'm actually sitting next to the pool right now and they have a handicap lift which is great if you need it. Breakfast was ok. Not a huge selection though. No big deal. The shuttle driver is awesome! Super friendly and funny. The neighborhood the hotel is in is a typical Pennsylvania neighborhood. Not bad at all. I would feel safer walking around here at night than my neighborhood!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and your kind comments about Jack, our shuttle driver. We are looking forward to your next visit.