“Hyatt place not good for business”

Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I have always loved the rooms, location is great, but in this day and age, you would think a hotel would figure out how to provide internet access, this was unusable. I got no work done, due to the worst internet speed, less than dial up . Not what I expect from a major hotel chain, if they skimp on that, I can only imagine where else they cut corners.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rickitude
Denise M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Wow - we certainly failed to provide what you needed and for that I apologize. We have just upgraded our wireless internet to a 50mg system and added 8 boosters throughout the property. I agree that high speed internet is a must-have for any hotel. I hope that these enhancements will correct any issues you experienced.
I will continue to seek ways to make certain ouir internet accessm at the Hyatt Place Bethlehem is uninterrupted and meets the needs of our guests.
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in August. Didn't know it was the Musikfest, so it was a little busy in the hotel and local area. There was no problem with parking (free) in the garage across the street - it's easy enough to park at the front of the hotel to drop off your luggage and park the car when you're done.

Breakfast on the Sunday morning was very busy, with lots of people trying to find somewhere to sit and eat their food. There was also a bit of a wait for breakfast items to be replenished.

The hotel staff were very pleasant and friendly and the main areas of the hotel were very clean.

The room itself was large, clean and had space to store luggage away from the sleeping area.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay - we sincerely look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to serve you again.

May your travels be safe, pleasant and productive.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very comfortable. I was in a king bed room. Conveniences include mini fridge, countertop, ample space to lounge. There's a work desk, large TV and ports on the wall for you to plug in your own display device. Convenient plugs make charging easy.

Parking is in a multilevel city lot across the street and the front desk validates the ticket.

The staff is very friendly and a hot skillet breakfast is sumptuous. Free Wifi.

Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our hotel - We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again. I am so plesed that you enjoyed our breakfast.

Happy travels.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Last year stayed at the Courtyard and had to take a shuttle. Hyatt is much more convenient, only about a block or two from Musikfest. Free parking and room especially clean (Thanks Fannie!). Big rooms w/ a couch/sitting area.

Stayed on the top floor so didn't hear anything. Very quiet and perfect sleeping conditions (bed, blinds, AC). Checkin and checkout was fast and seamless. Free breakfast had both hot (eggs/sausage/pancakes) and cold (cereal/yogurt/bagels). Would definitely stay here again next Musikfest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your Musikfest stay at our hotel - I can't wait to tell Fanny that you mentioned her by name on Trip Advisor - she is an amazing housekeeping attendant and a beautiful person. I am so pleased that she connected with you enough that you remembered her by name - that is certainly a service goal for our team. We hope to see you for next year's event, or even better in 16 weeks for the beautiful Bethlehem Christmas Season.

Happy travels.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my first time staying at this hotel and my first time in many years at a Hyatt. I stayed 2 nights with my husband and two 12-year old sons. We were in town to attend a family reunion and Musikfest. The free parking at the garage across the street is convenient and appreciated. The free breakfast in the morning served our needs. I would say it is better than the Hampton Inn breakfast I have become accustomed to. My sons used the pool and said it was small and there was no hot tub. The hotel was clean and modern. The staff was friendly and appreciated our business. We were in close proximity to Musikfest and only had a short walk back to the hotel at the end of each night. I would prefer that the Hyatt start adding recycling bins in the rooms. I recycle at home and it feels awkward not to continue that practice while on vacation. Our room was clean and my sons slept on the pull out couch and said it was comfortable (as was our king size bed). Our only complaint was that the glass shower door was partially open (a modern design) and my sons got water everywhere when they took showers.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on a higher floor and did not notice any extra noise from the bus depot or Musikf...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dawn_lyn

Thank you for your comments and your business. I am also a Mom of a 12 year old and can relate to what it is like to travel with children ( or should I say pre-teens). Our kids have a wonderful consciousness of the environment and I love the idea of more recycling options at the hotel. We are in the process of adding some recycle containers to our public areas ( I like the idea of placing them near the ice machines too) and hopefully we will get to a point where we have them in our guest rooms.
Have a wonderful Back to school Season.
with hospitality,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed two nights while attending Musikfest. It was an easy two block walk to the fest. The staff was extremely accommodating. The room was large with a sitting area/work area. The decor was a few steps above the usual hotel. Our stay came with a free breakfast. The breakfast area was well organized. They had hot and cold cereals, skillet entrees, fresh fruit and assorted breads. Our stay could not have been better.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Helen C

Thank you for visiting with us during your Musikfest experience. It is always such a fun time of year in Bethlehem. Just 16 short weeks until Christmas when Bethlehem really shines.

Have a wonderful Fall and may your travels be safe and filled with great memories.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hyatt does a nice job of accepting the challenge to become an event hotel while still serving its primary business traveler audience during Musikfest. My husband and I have stayed here every year for the past five, and apart from a few housekeeping glitches, our experience(s) has been a good one. It's location near the Liederplatz and Main Street stages make it a good home base (complete with complimentary parking in the North Street garage) for the North Side events. We never used the shuttle or ventured to the South Side, as there was always enough to keep us entertained on the side of town where the festival began. By staying so close, one can come-and-go and adjust their schedule to that of the festival programming, the weather, the crowds, etc.

Travelers who want quiet should request a high floor away from the elevators. Travelers who want in-and-out convenience should request a low floor near the elevator. Ice machines are not on every floor. The pool is small, so don't plan for laps, but it is still useful for a weightless water workout or for entertaining the kids. Get yourself out of bed during the START of the breakfast hours and you'll have a much calmer meal. Pack light as there is a limited amount of wardrobe space (three drawers per room). And communicate. If you don't leave your room until late morning or mid-afternoon, tell the front desk that you are ready to have your room serviced, otherwise you may come back to find your bed is still not made. A better tip yields better results. And be sure to smile and say hello in response to the many smiles and hellos you receive from every staff member.

And that one glitch I mentioned? It was corrected promptly and the complimentary drinks we received in return were tasty and strong.

In addition to Musikfest, take time to check out the history of the area via http://historicbethlehem.org/

A few years old now, this hotel remains convenient, clean and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MyRoadLessTraveled

I am so plesed that you continue to stay with us as part of your Musikfest experience. I love the idea of putting recycle bins in the rooms and we are experimenting with adding some to our public spaces with hopes we can migrate into a more complete recycling program - only 16 weeks until Christmas; which is when Bethlehem truly shines.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our facilities and service team.