“Food outstanding, service good, live entertainment too loud!”

Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 353 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: Public transit hub is 4 blocks from restaurant.
Description: Casual yet elegant, the Tap Room offers the most sought after views of Historic Main Street and its Victorian charm. Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, or lounge by the vintage mahogany bar. We also invite you to check out Jazz Night every Thursday, featuring live musical performances, and our award-winning Sunday brunch.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have eaten here numerous times. I had a piece of bass here so amazing I still talk about it. The service has always been polite, helpful and attentive. I like the decor and we find it both elegant and laid back. Great place to walk to (since we can!) and enjoy an after-work cocktail and meal. I only wish when they do offer live entertainment they perhaps encourage the entertainer to perform at a lower decibel. I like background music where I can still hear conversation. I don't care to hear someone belting it out with all their might in a small room. That's fine if you want to see music as an activity, but when we go out to dinner we like to converse. So we skipped dessert once or twice when the singer was really loud. It's just not our thing. I would assume with the crowd we saw the last time (families, kids, couples) that others might feel the same way.

Jessica P, Manager at Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Karlise13

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment so nicely on your experiences here at the Tap Room. We agree that a meal is enhanced by quality food, attentive service and a comfortable environment. I sincerely apologize that the volume of the music detracted from your evening. The Historic Hotel Bethlehem is an avid supporter of local artists but, with that said we realize that a performance should not be at the expense of our guests’ experience. It is appreciated that you brought this to our attention and we hope you will join us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Delicious breakfast! The best coffee! Friendly and wonderful wait staff! The restaurant is casual but still classy!

Dear Kay F

We are so happy that you enjoyed the menu and the service when you joined us for breakfast. Thank you taking the time to say so online. We too, are excited about the LaVazza coffee that is new to the restaurant repertoire. Come join us for a cup, anytime.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My son and I were in town to see Lehigh University, but we also met with family members for Sunday brunch. We had reservations at 1 pm for 7 people. I checked in with the hostess to confirm our reservations and also to let her know that I was waiting for family that I hadn't seen in 15 years. I told her where I was in case I didn't recognize them as there wasn't really a place to wait for them by the door. She was very understanding.

When our party arrived, we were shown to our table. I had been looking at all the tables and was excited. We, however, were seated in what looked like a ballroom. It was a very large room with tables for large groups. I guess I was a little disappointed because it wasn't the lovely setting in the other rooms.

Having said that, the food was wonderful. The selection was large. Our waiter could have been more attentive, but it was fine.

I would definitely go back to this brunch, but I would make sure not to be in the ballroom.

1  Thank Ttttraveler
Jessica P, Manager at Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2014

Dear Ttttraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Award-Winning Brunch. Due to the popularity of our brunch, we do seat the entire first floor. In the future when making a reservation, you may request to be seated else where and we do our very best to accommodate all requests. Also, we have just remodeled our Mural Ballroom. It is beautiful and bright and completely refreshed. Please know that any lack of attentiveness in our service is not the normal practice here at the Hotel and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went for a beer and ended up eating here,the server was very helpful especially with the choice of wine. The entree (main course) was nicely presented not an overfilled plate which was becoming a bit of an obsession to avoid in USA, the desserts were really good. The price was no more than other restaurants in the area and the ambiance of this old building was fantastic. Will visit this place again before we go home to UK.

Dear Widowsinwhite

Thank you for your positive comments about our Tap Room Restaurant. Our Executive Chef Michael Adams believes that a plate beautifully presented with fresh flavorful ingredients surmounts quantity any time. It is our goal to educate our staff in all elements of service and we are pleased that it was beneficial to your experience. If ever again you find yourselves in Bethlehem ,PA we would be happy to host you once more.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My Mom treated us (my wife, daughter and I) to the Sunday Brunch. We arrived at noon (Brunch ends at 1pm...but they don't start taking things away till closer to 2ish). Maris took great care of us and made sure our table was cleared of plates every time we stepped away from the table. She was a pleasure. The food was excellent and we had a nice variety. I would recommend the Brunch.

Dear Rod M

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback. It is a pleasure to know that the service and the menu items accentuated what sounded like a great day with family. We will be sure to commend Maris as well as the kitchen staff for their hard work and attention to detail. It is only through these means that the Hotel Bethlehem was voted one of the Top 100 Brunches in the country by opentable users. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.