“The place that time forgot”
Review of Prime Steakhouse

Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 349 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Prime Steak House features only the finest cuts of Premium Angus Beef, Prime Rib, Seafood, Chicken and more. Add on a side and our salad bar, wedge or Caesar salad and one of our tasty homemade sauces to any steak. Of course, start your dinner with a glass or bottle of wine from our extensive wine selection or a specialty drink from our fully stocked bar. Our award winning Prime Rib, seasoned and slowly roasted for six hours, has been voted Reader's Choice Best Prime Rib for three years in a row and Prime was Best Steakhouse in Lehigh Valley. We offer private rooms for your special family events or business meetings for up to 80 guests along with a variety of banquet menu choices. If you love the outdoors, enjoy lunch or dinner on our patio serving our full menu daily.
Maineville, Ohio
“The place that time forgot”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Went once. At 40 years of age I was 20 years younger than the rest of the clientele. The food was very average.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Neilbond007
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Neilbond007, thank you for stopping in to dine with us. We are disappointed to hear you felt our food was average. We take guest feedback very seriously. We'd love to learn more about your experience and find out what dishes you ordered, and what didn't impress you.

We're always looking to improve and try our best to listen to comments made by our patrons. If you have some time, we'd love to hear more about your time at our restaurant.

Thank you.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Steak and ale”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Once someone from my dinner party told me this was a former Steak and Ale, it all made sense. Had not seen one of those in awhile and certainly hadn't been in one for a couple of decades or more. This is an OK restaurant but not a great steakhouse. I bet there are better in Bethlehem. The best part of the meal was the wedge salad. The blue cheese dressing was plentiful and the lettuce was crisp. Steak was OK. Pretty tender but I have had better. Baked potato was good. The wait staff was very efficient and pleasant. Not much more I can say.

Visited April 2014
KC-four-to-travel, thank you for dining with us, and we'd also like to thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to our restaurant. We are glad to hear you enjoyed some of our dishes like our wedge salad and baked potato.

We noticed from reading over your review that you weren't entirely satisfied with your steak. We'd love to know what could have been done to your steak that would have made it more enjoyable. We're always looking to improve, and will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team.

It's great to know our waitstaff was both friendly and efficient during your experience. We've got some wonderful people working with us. We are very lucky to have them!

We hope that if you're ever in the area again you'll stop in and visit.

Thank you.
New York City, New York
“A good meal in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is a good steak house with decent food. For the prices they charge I would have expected better tasting food.

I had the Prime Rib with vegetables and asparagus. The meat was overdone and not very seasoned. The taste was kind of bland. The vegetables had little seasoning as well.

The bread is interesting along with the honey or maple butter they served.

If the prices were lower to match the level of food I would have rated this higher.

• Visited February 2014
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
gregmNY, thank you for dining with us, and we'd also like to thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to our restaurant.

We’re unhappy to hear you weren’t fully satisfied with your meal. We want to apologize for this. Had we of known you were unhappy with your food, we would have been more than happy to correct any problems during your visit.

We try to keep our pricing at a competitive level with other Lehigh Valley businesses as well as stay cost efficient for family dining. If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our restaurant, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope you'll dine with us again.
Sparta, New Jersey
“Good Surf n Turf at a Fair price”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner while away on business and the food and staff were good ! I ordered the fillet mignon skewers with the stuffed flounder and my meal was very tasty . I would have given a better rating but I asked for my steak to be cooked medium (slightly pink center) and it was cooked medium well, so that's why I am giving only 3stars. Also, the sweet butter that is served with the bread was way too sweet for me and you can ask for regular butter which I did -only to have it taste "off" (could have been old) I opted to not eat the bread -which was freshly baked (definitely a plus) and eat more of my meal instead.
The 2 sauces that come with the steak were awesome and I have to say that made the meal! The stuffed flounder was good as well. (A little on the buttery /greasy side but that's how it was prepared)
So bottom line, if you are looking for a good steak /seafood at a fair price -you got to give them a try!
The atmosphere is nice and rustic/modern with a friendly staff ! I will be back to try other specials -so stay tuned !

The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
S O, thank you for choosing to dine with during your business trip, and we'd also like to thank you for leaving a nice review. We are happy to hear that overall, you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant.

We want to apologize that your meal wasn't cooked to your desired temperature. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and our goal is to ensure you leave our restaurant feeling satisfied. We would have been happy to correct any issues you had right away, and would have absolutely wanted to make sure everything was exactly how you desired.

We hope you'll come back and visit us again. If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back soon!
Fincastle, Virginia
“Enjoyable all the way around”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

First rate service from the time I walked in the door, fast and friendly. Really good meal, and an great overall atmosphere. I had the Mahi Mahi with tomato basil sauce and asparagus. Both were prepared really well, tender and flavorful. I also had the salad bar which was well stocked with fresh choices and very clean and neat! Portion size was ample and pricing was in line with what should be expected.

I will definitely be back on my next trip to the area.

• Visited December 2013
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Bill P, thank you for writing a nice review and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to dine with us while you were visiting the area. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time while dining at our restaurant.

We believe that great service should start the moment a guest walks through the front door. We're very happy that you felt our service was exceptional. In your write-up, you mentioned how fast and friendly our staff was. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful people working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure that our patrons have a spectacular experience at Prime.

We'll make sure to pass along your kind comments to our culinary team in regards to your Mahi-Mahi. We receive a lot of positive feedback with this dish. What's better is that we have plenty of other delicious items on our menu as well!

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a great review. We hope you realize how much it means and know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our restaurant, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!

Thank you, and we hope to see you back soon!