Sands Casino Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfood courtoutlet mallatlantic citytable gamescarnegie delichop houseevent centerirish pubnon smoking sectionconcert venuebethlehem steelcontinental breakfastsands casinoroom keynice featurebagelsgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Sands at Bethlehem is a nice small casino not too far from metro New York. The Rooms are always clean and neat and this visit was no different. What I did find different was that the staff at the hotel and the casino seemed a bit more pleasant than on our prior visits. This was a nice improvement and I was happy to see it.
The casino has smoking and non smoking zones, but since it is one big room, it was still a bit smokey in the non-smoking areas, but not too bad. There was a live band in the casino bar the night we were there and that was fun. Just stayed for the night then headed to Hershey the next day. If you are heading to Hershey or the Lancaster area this is a nice stop on the way.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same, and the hotel is removed from the Casino so shouldn;t be any issues. There is an event space by the hotel but I havent seen anything go into the night that would cause a disturbance.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jceh1
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your review about Sands Bethlehem with us and fellow travelers on Trip Advisor! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you were treated with excellent customer service. Also, I appreciate your comments for improvement and will forward them to the appropriate departments for review.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I had been to the Sands Casino before, but had never stayed at the attached hotel. We had an appointment about an hour away, and we got a reasonable rate at the Sands, so decided to make it an overnight trip.
The hotel is pretty new, so it is fresh and clean. We assumed that the layout for the hotel would be similar to what we had experienced at other Casino-Hotels, where the hotel rooms are split among areas that surround the Casino, restaurants, etc. The Sands is laid out a little different. There is a two story mall between the hotel and the casino. The restaurants are located in and around the casino, so you have to walk through the mall to get to them. There are some good dining options.
The self parking is on the opposite end of the casino from the mall and the hotel, so it's quite a hike. They do have valet parking, and if you can find the hotel, there is some outside parking close to the lobby.
The shopping (my wife tells me) is first class, with very reasonable prices. One of the reasons we chose the Sands was that the mall allowed some activity on site besides the casino. The slots were a little tight on this trip.
If you've never been to Bethlehem, it is worth the effort to explore the town. Besides the growing major concert and arts venues, downtown Bethlehem is a great place to walk, dine, and shop. There are museums and galleries all over town as well as in the multiple colleges located there.
We will definitely stay there again, but we hope they will add some dining closer to the hotel rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hudson_River_Foodie
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem as your host during your recent visit to Bethlehem, PA. Although I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the many amenities of our resort, I am disheartened to learn that we did not exceed your expectations. At Sands Bethlehem, we strive to provide our guests with excellent experiences that are truly remarkable, so I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that this was a wonderful stay.

I just wanted to point out that there is free parking across from the Hotel/Event Center as well as a surface lot adjacent to the building. Please feel free to utilize these parking lots on your next visits.

I do hope that you will allow us an opportunity to properly exceed your expectations in the future. We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I made a reservation at the sands recently for a one night stay and looked forward to checking out the casino-unfortunately when we arrived they had no reservation listed for us and had no rooms available. I presented the confirmation number and that wasn't in their system and they treated us like we were incompetent and didn't know how to make a hotel reservation. It was through a third party website and they claimed that it was the fault of theirs because it was their website that caused the mistake. We are heading back for an event that's being hosted there but since I am so disappointed at my last experience that we will probably find another place stay after the event, which is pretty inconvenient if we'll be out late and drinking to drive to a separate hotel-but I can't reserve another room there and risk hearing that "they've lost our reservation". Nothing was offered for us as far as compensation, they had no suggestions for us about where to stay instead, and they suggested trying out one of their restaurants or games and wait for a possible cancelation....what an absurd suggestion-and I was offended that they expected us to spend money there after they had no room available for us. I even asked if there were honeymoon suites or high-roller rooms set aside and we were willing to pay whatever the rate would've been and they just dismissed this as an option-the professionalism was just poor-they kept condescendingly repeating themselves and wouldn't take any responsibility. I notified the company that we booked the room through and we were reimbursed since we were charged ahead of time this way, and they offered us a credit to use in the future-but on their end, they seemed to have everything in order....so I felt like the hotel made an error and ruined my experience altogether...I'll continue going to the foxwoods and Mohegan sun to gamble, I like atlantic city but it's a little further for us-this place is a good location for us but as the customer service failed to provide any solution, I'd have to avoid going back based on that disappointing encounter. I've never posted anything before, and we travel a lot, we can take bad experiences and move on, but I wanted to put this out there and find out if anyone else had any similar circumstances with lost reservations or dismissive staff because I left there feeling as if I did something wrong-and since it was unresolved and I have persistently felt annoyed by how they made me feel, it resulted in my first customer review or post here.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Q1496JGJ_C2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem. I know that there are many hotel options to choose from here in Bethlehem, PA and we are honored to have been your first choice.

I am disappointed to read that a truly valued guest, such as yourself, was not cared for as they should have been. I sincerely apologize about the lack of service that you experienced upon check-in and I am very sorry to hear that this issue was not resolved. Sell-outs do occur at our property, but that does not warrant the lack of personalized assistance that you experienced.

As you may know, reservations are not linked to your reviews, so I would appreciate it if you could email us directly at guestservices@pasands.com for an opportunity to address the experience you encountered and further make amends for your disappointing experience.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Let me say what's interesting about Sand's in Bethlehem is the history behind it being built on an old steel factory which is pretty cool. The lay out of the casino is fairly large with a lot of slots, table games.. some restaurants.... parking is always free in the garage which is a plus.. I have never stayed in the hotel but on a casino gaming level I have done my share of take a little give a little here loosing winning.. my last visit was in Feb after leaving a concert in Allentown.. I happen to get lucky on a quick stop to show my friends the casino.. walked out with $60 on a penny machine with a few 40 cent bets.. my laugh of the night was road trip expenses paid on the Sand's Bethlehem.. my only gripe with the place is that is seem's to smell of smoke a lot worse then other casino's I visit.. would love to one day try the hotel on a little over night stay out of my area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike T

Thank you for submitting your review about Sands Bethlehem to Trip Advisor - we truly appreciate hearing from valued guests, such as yourself. I want to apologize for the smoke issues that you experienced at our property. Typically, our state-of-art filtration system disperses enough uniform aromatic fragrance to dispel any offensive odors. However, I have forwarded your comments to our Facilities Department for review so they will be able to ensure that all systems are properly functioning. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope this does not deter you from visiting Sands Bethlehem again in the future. We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The entrance to the hotel was a little difficult to find, and then once we were in front of it, there were no signs. We just followed the valet signs and literally had to ask the valet attendant if this was the entrance. It was very small.

The bell hop took our bags and walked us right into the check in desk, where we were seated to sign in. There was no one else checking in, so it went very quickly.

We got our room and proceeded up. The room was fine, but the bathroom had a strange set up. The sink was outside of the bath, which was fine, but there was no counter space at all! They had no tissues by the sink and there was a very small area to place your toiletry bag. My husband and I had to take turns using our stuff. Then you went into the bath area, which had a toilet and shower stall. That part was very large, and there was a spot which was probably where the sink should have been but there was nothing there. Just a big empty alcove, with a towel bar on the wall. Very scratchy towels, too.

There was a refrigerator and coffee maker, but only 2 glass glasses and 2 ceramic mugs. (No glasses by the sink) I never use hotel room glasses or mugs, because I know for a fact that they are not cleaned well. And these were not wrapped or anything, Just turned upside down on the the ice bucket tray.

Over all, I dont really think it was worth what I paid, however, I will go back, if I end up getting a good deal, after gambling in their casino.

It was a very long walk to the casino, but I did enjoy that part of it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chicagokris
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sands Bethlehem with us on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced with the signage on property, and we certainly apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. I will forward your comments to the appropriate department so they may be able to address these issues.

Also, I apologize for the challenges you experienced with the hotel room. I'm certain that if you would have contacted the front desk, they would have been able to bring you plastic drink-ware for your convenience.

It is my sincere hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future, so if there is anything we can do to earn your future loyalty, please don't hesitate to contact us at guestservices@pasands.com.