Sands Casino Resort
Hyatt Place Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$138
US$154
US$131
Hampton.com
US$147
Fairfield Inn
US$153
Comfort Suites University(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$80
ComfortSuites
US$98
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Restaurant
US$144
US$128
Courtyard
All reviewsfood courtoutlet mallatlantic citytable gamescarnegie delichop houseevent centerirish pubnon smoking sectionconcert venuebethlehem steelcontinental breakfastsands casinoroom keynice featurebagelsgreat weekend
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Everytime I visit the Sands Casino, I lose money without any real rewards. I am a MySands subscriber. My rating is based on comparing the amount of times I've won in Atlantic City. At least I receive comp rooms there whether I win or lose.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jackie E
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thanks for reaching out to us on Trip Advisor and expressing your concerns. We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and we'd like to resolve them right away, so please reach out to us at publicrelations@pasands.com or send us a private message via Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

You can put anything you want into your hotel. If the bed is horrible, your entire evening will be horrible.

The bed was by far the most uncomfortable bed that I've ever encountered in a hotel. You sank in to the middle and there was absolutely no support. I woke up during the night several times trying to find a comfortable position, but there wasn't one. And the pillows felt like they were the cheapest ones that you could find at Kmart.

It's a shame that the bed was so bad because the rest of the room was nice. If they put as much money in effort into the beds as the rest of the property, I would have scored it much higher. There was a complimentary breakfast that they were serving, but it was closer to a Comfort Inn than a Hampton or a Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Kevin R

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sands Bethlehem. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your recent experience during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulties you experienced with the bed in the hotel room. I'm sure that if you would have contacted the front desk, they would have been able to find a better solution to your sleeping arrangements. Please note that I will forward your comments to hotel management for review so we may find a solution to this issue.

Please know that you are a valued customer, therefore I extend my apologies and invite you to get in touch with us directly at publicrelations@pasands.com, or by sending us a private message via Trip Advisor. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance by staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

It is so exciting at the Sands , Everything about it is wonderful. The place is relaxing if you are tired you can go to the room and relax or shop downstairs at the Outlets. Let your hair down with the LIVE BANDS and dancing. The Food is scrumptious with Buffets, Food Courts and don't forget Emeril's Chop HOUSE. Very Nice Rooms with great amenities. Oh, it is close to the Mountains and Waterparks.

Room Tip: The floor I stayed was quiet where I slept like a baby.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judith G
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at Sands Bethlehem and taking the time to provide feedback to the Trip Advisor community! We love hosting valued guests, such as yourself, and we hope for your return in the very near future. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at the Sands many times and each time I am welcomed by name from the time I enter the hotel until the time I depart. This may have something to do with my amount of play in the casino but it still makes you feel special when they know your name every time you visit. The amenities are plentiful. There is a nice gym and pool area and over the years the expansion of the property has added to my length of stay. The rooms are very nice ( executive suites) and have never had any issue with the room nor any of the staff. Any request that I have made has been filled with accuracy, promptness, and a smile. I really appreciate the effort that each member of the staff makes no matter what time or day or night.

Room Tip: any executive suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert S

Thank you for providing your kind words and feedback about Sands Bethlehem! There is no greater satisfaction than receiving such positive reviews from a loyal guest, such as yourself. It will be my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team as they truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you. We are truly happy that you visited us and we all look forward to your return!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I chose to stay at the Sands as part of a local college reunion weekend so I was not there at all for the casino. I drove in on a very rainy Friday afternoon and because this is part of a casino -- the parking lot was very full. I had to walk a distance in the rain from my car to the hotel entrance. The check-in attendant was very nice and efficient -- however since there isn't one front desk -- instead a few small individual desks - I wouldn't be surprised if the queuing gets hectic when it is busy.

The room was very clean and had a slight modern feel to it. My only complaint was the bathroom situation. The small sink is actually located outside of the rather large room with the toilet and the shower and there is no room around it to put any of your own toiletries. And the light is practically non existent! As they are promoting all of the restaurants and night life tied into the venue, I have to imagine they expect women to come -- women who need light to put on some make up.

A complimentary breakfast came with the room and after going the first day, we opted not to return. Based on the quality of the hotel and the location of the breakfast -- one of Emeril's two on site restaurants - I did not expect a Day's Inn like spread of stale danishes and powdered eggs. If I was them, I'd re-think this -- either not offer it at all of somehow set a different expectation.

The other odd thing was that each morning, we had to wait a long time for an elevator. They all appeared to be working but I guess the hotel was not designed for a lot of people -- heading to breakfast and/or checking out - trying to use the elevators at once.

The hotel is also attached to a small outlet center -- not very many and an odd selection of upscale like Coach and then mostly lower end stores.

The room was on the pricey side as well -- especially for the area. But as the title of my review reads - I do think this is one of the nicer properties in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor! I understand that there are many hotel options when visiting Bethlehem, PA and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem to host you during your recent college reunion trip. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced at the continental breakfast. I have forwarded your comments to hotel/restaurant management, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, thank you for providing us your feedback, and please let us know if there is any way we can be of further assistance to you. All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to hosting you again in the near future!