“A night at the Sands” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Oley, Pennsylvania
“A night at the Sands”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I booked for 1 night to stay after a show at the event center, the price was reasonable. I liked the white linens and coverlet. The room and bathroom were clean. A breakfast buffet was complimentary which was very nice. Not where I'd vacation, but certainly nice for a sleep over after concert.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nicer view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Barb W
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Sands Bethlehem. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the continental breakfast. Still, I am disheartened to learn that you would not return for a vacation.

If you would like to reach out to us directly to give us additional detail on your stay, please don't hesitate to email us at publicrelations@pasands.com or send us a private message on Trip Advisor.

Marketing Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

You can thank Mr. Damien Isaac for this review....Mr. Isaac was very attentive and understanding of an issue we had at the resort. Your staff should take lessons from him when it comes to customer service. He listened, offered an apology and tried his best to make my family feel welcome and happy. With this said, the resort is nice. Yes you need an escort to go to a restuarant on the casino floor. It may be slighly inconvient, but they don't want parents slipping away to gamble on the slots. No problem they have KidsQuest - my kids loved it. You can drop them off - my kids had a blast and the adults can go upstairs and do whatever they want.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AKColange
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear that Damien was able to resolve your issues, however even though the casino is meant for patrons 21 and older, I hope it did not dampen your stay for you and your children. I'm happy to hear that Kids Quest and Cyber Quest were able to accommodate your children and provide entertainment for them while you enjoyed the rest of the property.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Took a day trip on a lovely summer day from Staten Island to Bethlehem Pa. to see the Sands Casino Resort in Bethlehem, Pa. The area was dilapidated with empty buildings surrounding the hotel. The hotel itself was a converted steel mill, I believe, and totally unappealing to me. All in all - I'll keep Atlantic City as my destination for an overnight or a day trip to a Hotel/Casino..

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank taxiluv2
Thank you for taking the time to visit Sands Bethlehem and share your reviews on Trip Advisor. I’m sorry to hear that the we did not exceed your expectations. Allow me to assure you that the Sands Hotel is brand new and not a converted steel mill. We apologize for the confusion.

We value your patronage and would love for you to return on a future visit. If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us at publicrelations@pasands.com or by sending us a direct message on Trip Advisor.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

this place is def not family friendly. restaurants on the casino floor, minors need an escort, you need to wait for one to bring your family to eat also if your child needs to use the bathroom also be prepared to wait for the escort. small dirty pool, room service screwed up breakfas. waited on line for the continental breakfast where 2 asian guys cut in front of my 8 yr old for the last 2 clean plates. will never, ever come back here. couldn't wait to leave. asked to speak to a manager who didn't care either. this place needs a complete overhaul, management, staff and some p.r. people

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank therealkc
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem. I know that there are many hotel options to choose from here in Bethlehem, PA and we are honored to have been your first choice.

I am disappointed to read that a truly valued guest, such as yourself, was not cared for as they should have been. I sincerely apologize about the lack of customer service that you received throughout your stay, and I am very sorry to hear that this issue was not resolved while you were still on property.

As you may know, reservations are not linked to your reviews, so I would appreciate it if you could email us directly at publicrelations@pasands.com or send us a direct message on Trip Advisor for an opportunity to address the experience you encountered and further make amends for your disappointing experience.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recentlytly stayed at The Sands Resort Bethlehem. The room was modern and spacious. Check-in and valet parking was quick and efficient. There was a nice crowd and it was a lot of fun playing various games. I tried Emeril's Burgers and more. The food and service was very good. Emeril's Chop house had very good service and excellent food. The Carnegie Deli offered a very generous sandwich. They also offered a complimentary breakfast in the morning which was a nice touch.I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to visiting the Sands again soon. Hopefully I will win next time!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Sands Bethlehem on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate that you have allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent stay, and we're happy that you enjoyed your time here at our resort. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food at our restaurants and all of the gaming options Sands Bethlehem has to offer.

Again, thank you for your wonderful review! All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to your return trip in the near future.

Clinton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was really impressed with this property. It is fairly new so I expected it would be clean and current, but I never expected the decor to be so tasteful. The valet service was nice as well as the reception area. You need to insert your room key for the elevator to work which is a nice safety feature. Our room was spacious and beautiful. The bathroom and amenities were excellent. Beautiful shower with the sink separate from toilet and shower. The bedding and bed were comfortable and luxurious with the exception of the pillows; they were flat and uncomfortable, poor quality. If you like to gamble or just have a nice romantic getaway this is a great place because it has many restaurants to choose from in various price points as well as the casino, shops and a spa. Free continental breakfast included and good coffee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your overall impression was positive. It will be my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team as they truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you. Again, thank you for providing such wonderful feedback, and we all look forward to your return!

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for a Conference. Room was nice and big with free WiFi and large shower. My biggest positive was how remarkably quiet it was. Sleeping IS the major reason for a hotel, and aside from the mediocre pillows, my night's sleep was heavenly due to the quietness.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank BeeLawn
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience at Sands Bethlehem with the Trip Advisor community! There is no greater satisfaction than to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

For future reference, please don't hesitate to call down to the front desk to ask for a different pillow. Our staff members are always there to assist you in any way that they can.

We would be honored to host you again in the very near future and we look forward to your return trip!